What's new

Japan to loan ¥5 billion to Pakistan

Education is the key, I agree with you.
Military matters in Pakistan"s situation should not be mixed with civilian social matters though.

These are supposed to be very safe.
What's military for? Out children are dying from malnutriotion, there is lack of education. We are a bigger threat to ourselves.

I think after acquiring nukes, we shouldn't pursue more expensive military goods. Nukes is a good deterence. People will think about our nukes before attacking, rather then worry of how many jets we've. Afterall, we are not like usa or russia that we attack other countries to expand or create influence. We aren't world police either.

Yes we should have military, but please no loans for miltary and no 'bigger' budget either.

Unless Chernobyl happens or maybe a tsunami ...
Don't a lot of small nuclear issues go without making the headlines?

Also after the fukushima, many western countries dropped idea of nuclear power and also close down some previous facilities. Fukushima is one giant mess and Japan is hiding the extent of the damage. Problem is, Japan is capable of handling disaster, but not Pakistan. And Pakistan gets many earthquakes.

Middle east is suitable canidate for nuclear due to very little quakes and how their coastline is situated, i.e. the waves will get smaller and impact is very little from sideways (oman and yemen won't be spared though).

Also, won't desert suck water from much of the waves?

Don't a lot of small nuclear issues go without making the headlines?

Also after the fukushima, many western countries dropped idea of nuclear power and also close down some previous facilities. Fukushima is one giant mess and Japan is hiding the extent of the damage. Problem is, Japan is capable of handling disaster, but not Pakistan. And Pakistan gets many earthquakes.
That is a huge problem! Hence might not even consider or encourage it..

You don't make much sense. They can destroy Pakistani dams no doubt but reaction will be similar. Nothing can replace huge dams like Basha, Bunji and Dasu combined capacity of 16.000 MW by 2025. Also India doesnt have sites in IoK to build dams with huge capacity for water storage.

The dams there are run of river, so they only generate electricity.

DRYING RIVERS

Khan maintains India has depleted water supplies from two rivers, the Ravi and Sutlej, which have their sources in India but flow into north-east Pakistan, as well as from the Beas, an Indian tributary of the Sutlej.

The Sutlej and Beas are already dry, and the Ravi is partially dry. All water is being stopped in India,” Khan said.

The Indus Water Treaty, signed by Pakistan and India in 1960, reserves the waters of the Jhelum, Chenab and Indus for Pakistan, while the Ravi and Sutlej are reserved for India

India’s dam building in Kashmir, however, has raised suspicions in Pakistan that it is taking an unfair share of the waters of the Jhelum, Chenab and Indus, Khan said.

India continues to violate this treaty by consuming more water and building dams. Pakistan has raised this concern with the World Bank,” he said.

Indian officials maintain they are operating within the boundaries of the Indus Water Treaty, though the treaty is widely viewed within Pakistan as favouring India. World Bank mediation of one dispute over dam building was decided in 2007 in India’s favour.

Pakistan is constructing several dams of its own on rivers in the area of Kashmir that it controls, as well as in the country’s northern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Paul Brown, a British journalist who has written books on climate issues, says the governments of countries such as India and Pakistan need to keep water from becoming one more weapon in their geopolitical rivalries.

“They need to regard water as a precious resource and a human right that has to be shared between nations,” Brown said. In part, this is to set a good example to the people most affected by potential water shortages.

If supplies run low for irrigation or drinking water, local populations are likely to take the law into their own hands and grab what water is available. This could lead to serious local tensions getting out of control," Brown said.

Thomson Reuters Foundation | News, Information and Connections for Action

You do not make sense at all, since you are out of the context of my previous answer in regards to putting all Pakistani eggs in one basket, by building a huge dam instead of many smaller ones, so please watch your mouth before getting personnal.

What's military for? Out children are dying from malnutriotion, there is lack of education. We are a bigger threat to ourselves.

I think after acquiring nukes, we shouldn't pursue more expensive military goods. Nukes is a good deterence. People will think about our nukes before attacking, rather then worry of how many jets we've. Afterall, we are not like usa or russia that we attack other countries to expand or create influence. We aren't world police either.

Yes we should have military, but please no loans for miltary and no 'bigger' budget either.

Nuclear weapons are a deterrent against other nuclear weapons, conventional forces are deterrents aginst other conventional forces. Milatary butget should not infringe on civilian bugets, they are separate budgets.

You can have the best educated civilian population in the world, it will only serve as slaves in the ennemy"s laboratories if there is no one to defend it, (Remember Germany in WW2, with no military left, all the tech and its heads are gone to the other side).

Unless Chernobyl happens or maybe a tsunami ...
It is like the chances of having an accident while driving a car, so one should not drive at all and take a donkey.

Last edited:
Nuclear weapons are a deterrent against other nuclear weapons, conventional forces are deterrents aginst other conventional forces. Milatary butget should not infringe on civilian bugets, they are separate budgets.

You can have the best educated civilian population in the world, it will only serve as slaves in the ennemy"s laboratories if there is no one to defend it, (Remember Germany in WW2, with no military left, all the tech and its heads are gone to the other side).

It is like the chances of having an accident while driving a car, so one should not drive at all and take a donkey.
They didn't have UN then. Take switzerland for example, no one attacks it even though its military budget is small. So many cointries across world have small military budget.

Nuke is a good deterent. You need conventional when attacking another country and fighting their conventional. India knows that it can win war against pakistan, but as Pakistan is about to be finish, it'll launch nuclear missles.

We need conventional weapons but not expensive ones. We need education first. Then we can make our own jets etc and sell them. We'll make tax money and that can be used for all these luxuries. We're trying to be UK military wise when our education is like most African countries (no offense to them). We should be first like cuba educational wise and then act as military power. Till then, we've nukes.

Don't finger someone, they won't finger you.

On what span of time? They were many in the US, Russia and France, have they given up on nuclear power for electricity?
Japan is the worst case scenario and that was due to an extraordinary natural catatrophe (A Tsunami), not to the nuclear safety issues.
The implications of Fukushima

Protests continued and, on 29 May 2011, Merkel's government announced that it would close all of its nuclear power plants by 2022. Eight of the seventeen operating reactors in Germany were permanently shut down following Fukushima.

I do agree with you, but read post # 127.

above is just germany

On what span of time? They were many in the US, Russia and France, have they given up on nuclear power for electricity?
Japan is the worst case scenario and that was due to an extraordinary natural catatrophe (A Tsunami), not to the nuclear safety issues.
yes that is why i said tsunami in post 120...we do get earthquakes in Pakistan...but eventually I agree that nuclear energy is safe energy (green energy) but very dangerous...

They didn't have UN then. Take switzerland for example, no one attacks it even though its military budget is small. So many cointries across world have small military budget.

Nuke is a good deterent. You need conventional when attacking another country and fighting their conventional. India knows that it can win war against pakistan, but as Pakistan is about to be finish, it'll launch nuclear missles.

We need conventional weapons but not expensive ones. We need education first. Then we can make our own jets etc and sell them. We'll make tax money and that can be used for all these luxuries. We're trying to be UK military wise when our education is like most African countries (no offense to them). We should be first like cuba educational wise and then act as military power. Till then, we've nukes.

Dude! We have 2 hostile borders...Afghanistan and India...decreasing the defence budget is not gonna let us survive long..

Plus Switzerland has arms production ...they research and produce their own weapons! they export and come no.15 in world largest exporter!

Arms industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Swiss Arms Industry

Switzerland is a bad example, try to attack it, all its citizens are armed to the teeth and have extreemely sophistivated nuclear shelters they can survive in them for decades, apart from undergroud cities just for the purpose of defence. They could afford all this with the black money of the world which surpasses all the known GDPs and what have you.
India has no certainty of winning a war against Pakistan, be it conventional or else, because Pakistan has a strong military of its own and also backed by more than a billion Muslims.
I can see your defeatist mentality, and it comes in total opposition to mine, since I am mostly optimistic and with good reasons for that.
We both agree on the priority of education, only for me it is outside of the military realm, while you want to mix things up.
Education is of utmost importance, it will -in time- alleviate a whole lot of problems, that is a priority not to be mixed up with the military priorities, risk management and perceived threats.
You started finger pointing so please restrain yourself next time ,

yes that is why i said tsunami in post 120...we do get earthquakes in Pakistan...but eventually I agree that nuclear energy is safe energy (green energy) but very dangerous...

Dude! We have 2 hostile borders...Afghanistan and India...decreasing the defence budget is not gonna let us survive long..

Plus Switzerland has arms production ...they research and produce their own weapons! they export and come no.15 in world largest exporter!

Arms industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Swiss Arms Industry
I didn't say decrease, i said not make it 'bigger.' Bigger meaning, we lowered budget for education and inreased for military. Sure increasevit according to inflation, but to take cut from education...

I didn't say decrease, i said not make it 'bigger.' Bigger meaning, we lowered budget for education and inreased for military. Sure increasevit according to inflation, but to take cut from education...
yea i agree education sector should get more!

Switzerland is a bad example, try to attack it, all its citizens are armed to the teeth and have extreemely sophistivated nuclear shelters they can survive in them for decades, apart from undergroud cities just for the purpose of defence. They could afford all this with the black money of the world which surpasses all the known GDPs and what have you.
India has no certainty of winning a war against Pakistan, be it conventional or else, because Pakistan has a strong military of its own and also backed by more than a billion Muslims.
I can see your defeatist mentality, and it comes in total opposition to mine, since I am mostly optimistic and with good reasons for that.
We both agree on the priority of education, only for me it is outside of the military realm, while you want to mix things up.
Education is of utmost importance, it will -in time- alleviate a whole lot of problems, that is a priority not to be mixed up with the military priorities, risk management and perceived threats.
You started finger pointing so please restrain yourself next time ,
True, everyone is armed there, but we've religion in Pakistan. India attacks, we call it hindu attack. Afghan can't really attack. Also please accept the fact that it is Pakistan who has started most wars with India and lost most of them. Billion muslim won't come to aid. Did indian army muslims not fight pakistani muslims in all wars?

I'm not saying we need to lower budget, as pointed out earlier. All I'm saying is we need to work on our budget. We should take loans to improve education. Tameer e school is ongoing project. If we took a loan for education, that tameer e school would've finished way early!

All I want ks education to put before anything else. As mentioned earlier in thread, God gave Muhammad (PBUH) knowledge to fight the jahalat. He didn't give Him nuclear weapons, horses, angels, food etc to fight. First comes knowledge, then anything else.

And let's put an end to this discussion so we don't go off topic. All i'm saying is we should take loans to improve education. We should subsidized education. Do evrything else but please put education first.

Back
Top Bottom