What's new

Japan to Build Modern Mass Transit System in Karachi

Just Google for "Metro train imports India" and you'll see a long list of countries...Spain, Brazil, South Korea, China...

China's bullet train maker supplies cars to Delhi metro - Hindustan Times
You have only done half research. Just went on google and posted the first link that you saw. Now lemme tell you that India belives in open market and these trains are sourced with competitive bidding.
This is Alstom's India plant for supplying trains to Indian metro projects.
Sri City plant to be inaugurated in January - The Hindu
Now this Bombardiers India plant. This plant will be supplying trains to Australia for 4.1 billion $
Bombardier to supply India-made trains to Australia - Economic Times

You think Bombardier is an Indian manufacturer? How many cars does it assemble in India? Are the parts not imported? Ad how many fully assembled cars are still being imported? Is it not the vast majority of them? Just check your facts.
You know the difference between Import and Made in India?
Check your own post, no one said that these coaches are designed by India, but its made in India.

SITE FACT SHEET
Savli, INDIA

Basic Information

Total area: 200,000m²

In 2007, Bombardier Transportation demonstrated its strategic commitment to the Indian market by becoming the first foreign multinational company to setup a wholly-owned rail vehicle manufacturing site in Southern Gujarat, India.Following an investment of 33million euro, this state-of-the-artfacility in Savli has comprehensive capabilities for the manufacture and final assembly of carbodies and bogies and is equipped to rival the world’s finest in the production of modern rail vehicles.

Competencies
  • Fabrication of stainless steel car body
  • Final assembly and testing of rolling stock
  • Fabrication and machining of bogie frames
  • Assembly and testing of bogie

Main Productsand Contracts

MOVIA* metro vehicles for Delhi Metro,RS2,Negotiated Option,RS5 and RS7

Historical Milestones

2007 Savli site was built in Vadodara, Southern Gujarat state of India

2008 Opening ceremony of site

2009 Roll out of 1st metro vehicle from Savli site

2010 Delivery of 100th MOVIA car

2011 Completes two years of successful deliveries to Delhi Metro&manufacture of 500th car

Certifications
  • Quality management system,certified according to ISO 9001:2008

• Quality management system for welding, certified according to ISO 3834-2:2005

• Environmental management system, certified according to EN ISO 14000:2004

• Occupational Health &Safety Management,certified according to OHSAS 18001:2007

• Railway industry management system, certified according to IRIS
Bombardier India - Sites and contacts

Last edited:
@RiazHaq Indian made BEML coach for Bangalore Metro.

BL26_P2_BEML_733501f.jpg

You think Bombardier is an Indian manufacturer? How many cars does it assemble in India? Are the parts not imported? Ad how many fully assembled cars are still being imported? Is it not the vast majority of them? Just check your facts.
Initially most parts were imported but now over 60% of them are sources from local vendors. Please research.

Delhi Metro trains are all imported from Europe and China.

First time we have to import because that was first world standard metro rail in India. Currently BEML manufactures Metro rail.
Currently we are also importing mono rail but in next phase we start manufacture locally.

But in these kind of project many other machinery used like high capacity gensets, cranes, digging drillers, heavy hauler trucks, tracks, electronic equipments etc.

I agree but the Metro buses were more of a pre election stunt than what even Lahore needed at that point in time. Anyways its good news.
BB, look the price of metro train project. More than 100 Lahore type metro bus project is possible in this price. BB, do some calculation.

BB, look the price of metro train project. More than 100 Lahore type metro bus project is possible in this price. BB, do some calculation.

I never said anything on those lines just that they are mere political stunts for point scoring.

I never said anything on those lines just that they are mere political stunts for point scoring.
Rawalpindi voted for Imran Khan and sheikh Rashid but still government is starting metro bus project in Rawalpindi. BB, why don't you open mind and use your brain instead of political rant? :confused::confused:

Rawalpindi voted for Imran Khan and sheikh Rashid but still government is starting metro bus project in Rawalpindi. BB, why don't you open mind and use your brain instead of political rant? :confused::confused:

Mister where the hell did Imran Khan and Sheikh Rashid came from?? And where did you find me ranting?? please do point out. I just gave my opinion no need to twist it into something which it isn't. If you don't like it then feel free to ignore but no need to term it as "political rant" when it clearly isn't.

And where did you find me ranting?? please do point out. If you don't like it then feel free to ignore but no need to term it as "political rant" when it clearly isn't.
BB you have habit of lie. You said it a political stunt. You should not speak lie. Don't embrace yourself.

Back
Top Bottom