What's new

Japan´s arms build-up

How many nuclear aircraft carriers do you need to regain Kinmen island ?

One thing is sure, the Japanese have money. Sadly, we Vietnam do not have such capacity and hence can hardly afford some toys like Aegis destroyers.

You can buy warships from Russia or India.

Kamorta class corvettes will be good choice for VN navy.

On Topic> Japanese Navy is for sure strongest arm of JAFs.

We may witness induction of more Flat Top Destroyers in coming years.

Your History Knowledge is BS. Chine is and was a country always feared from others. They build the great wall to prevent themselves from being attacked by outsiders. You yourself accept that in your post indirectly.
Han Chinese were agricultural people. Agriculture was part of Han culture. If you look at the map, you'll find outside the great wall are all barren lands. Hans had no desire for the lands that couldn't grow crops(at that time). They got all the lands they wanted via wars and believed it was time to settle down and built bars to prevent herders' harassment.

The great wall has nothing to do with courage. It's the choice of maximal interest.

Last edited:
as long as Japan has not many reasons to pay much in defence industry, China could be free to liberate their "province" Taiwan. It's sure a much easier job.

I don't understand why President Mao don't leave any prompt to collect that lost part at a specific time. Even Taiwan-controlled Kinmen island that located right front of the entrance of Xiamen port of China, they don't dare to regain.

It's very clear that not because the China has no aircraft carrier.
So I'm sure that when China has more than 10 aircraft carriers, they still unable to regain Taiwan, and harmless to Japan, US

-----------
Actually, China is giving the reason for Japan to once again recover their power.
So it's worse for China, not bad for Japan ...

This is a none issue for me. The Japanese defence budget is going to grow about 3% a year. But the Japanese Yen has lost 34% of her value over just the past 2 years. The Japanese buck gives less bang these days. And any increase in defense spending will put more pressure on Japan's fiscal situation.

Last edited:
Chinese always study carefully before giving something to others, right ?

With a tight budget, and not the 2nd biggest economy, Japan is generous to declare the 20 billions funding to ASEAN, the unconditional help to Phillipines after Haiyan typhoon.

How about China? 100,000$ from the 2nd biggest economy

Dude leave it the imps just got their @$$es fired by the world for being cold anyway thank you for your country generous and real help unlike some country that was near to us and did nothing until they got told off.

This is a none issue to me. The Japanese defence budget is going to grow about 3% a year. But the Japanese Yen has lost 34% of her value over just the past 2 years. The Japanese buck gives less bang these days. And any increase in defense spending will put more pressure on Japan's fiscal situation.

Exactly - Japan Government Budget

I think as the Japanese would be allowed by Americans to build their military, then good relation between China and Japan would become crucial for peace and stability in that region and for the world.

Last edited:
This is a none issue for me. The Japanese defence budget is going to grow about 3% a year. But the Japanese Yen has lost 34% of her value over just the past 2 years. The Japanese buck gives less bang these days. And any increase in defense spending will put more pressure on Japan's fiscal situation.
I thought the Yen losing value was actually a good thing since it allows Japan to sell their products for lower price... the high yen value has caused their products to lose sales against competitions like samsung.

Back
Top Bottom