What's new

"Japan hopes for more military ties with India"

Pakistan is as equally responsible for the creation of terrorists as is US. So stop acting saint:frown:

China was completely crushed and overrun by Japanese in WW2.

It was IA's Gurkhas who put a stop to their invasion of Asia.
To gessler: I know you are not a China hatre deep inside, you just wanna show your self-respect in a strong way by post against China. Both you and me has dual characteristic, one side wanna show how stong our nation is , otherside wanna improve our relationship. I'm not such a Indian hatre, and you contra versa. warning to you: don't get closed to Japan, they are dangerous animals, a combination of angel and beast.

I respected Saint Ganhdi, he made the right choice to banish that son of a *****.

He deserved it.

do you have any idea who your are talking about ! your parents must have taught you these kind words i guess and you use it with them i guess but it's a grown up forum and this behaviour won't do kiddo ! in reply i could even call ur parents names but i won't stoop to ur level .

that man was named "NETAJI SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE " . he was selected by british govt in reputed indian administrative services (which very few indian could get in because of racial bias ), which had a status of a king of a district and more . he left the lucrative services to be part of national effort against british . he was going to be selected as the head of congress in india . but gandhiji stuck his foot against him . still to avoid division of congress , he decided to fight british , went to germany but did not get any help , then went to japan . and did not beg for help but paid japan in full for arms and ammunition and training to soldiers of "INA" ( all money donated by indians living outside india ) . they marched across jungles , and half died on path to india . battered yet they defeated british in first victory . on the other hand gandhiji appealed indians and helped british raise army against INA . so in the end our own men were defeated by our own men . that man WAS not SUBHASH ,that man is SUBHASH .

if you have one tenth the courage he had , say what you will . if not , shut ur trap !

He was not that impressive, no more than a Japan Puppet. What's more?

At least Gandhi knew what is black and white....The end of Mussolini tells everything!

That's just like a person accept devil as PAPA to get freedom. Anyone should sell out his soul to devil for freedom? The really naive person is always yourself, please pay respect to Mr. Gandhi. All Chinese pay respect to him!

I have been a visitor to this forum many a times. To all, a warm hello to all . As a newcomer to PDF, I make my debut post in this thread.

It is quite interesting to note the online comments about how (generally) Indians perceive Japan as the good guys in WW-2 . To the Chinese on this forum, you have to understand that we were under British rule and to kick them out, any other power that could be used as help/assistance to overthrow the Brits was of utmost importance to us.

On the other side of the coin, the hatred for British Rule was so much that we did not (during WW2) see the harrowing images of Japanese treatment of the Chinese (Nanking anyone?) and much of what was happening under their rule in East Asia. Wherever the Japanese went, be it Korea, China, Thailand, Philippines and other countries, conquest was of utmost importance to them and no friend, no ally was to be given any due respect or privilege. Those who have read and studied "Manchuria" incidents will attest to this.

While Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose's intention were good - (to kick out the Brits) - and were he to live a longer life and succeed in his campaign against the colonial power, my fear would have been that he would have been used as a mere pawn by Tojo and gang in Tokyo and the onslaught into India by the Japanese would have been another era of bloodshed and carnage... much brutal , much harrowing in ways much of East Asia was pillaged, raped and ransacked.

Now I am sure he was an astute fellow and would not have brought humiliation of paupership under Japanese 'hegemony' but it could have been a likely scenario - IF the Japs were to sit out a prolonged war , IF NSCB and INA were to survive a longer life and if the Brits were defeated.

To many Indians, I repeat, the horrors of East Asia are simply not known, neither taught in history lessons (in India) and neither elicit any interest. Having studied in India till 7th standard, our history books were full of Maratha Confederacy, Colonial history and Post Independence .

On a separate note - I would urge both sides (Chinese, like Wanglaokans and Indians) to understand each other.

To us Indians first - Japan pillaged and plundered China in both wars , treated its citizens worse than 3rd class citizens. So you have to understand their HATRED, absolute hatred for the Japanese in that context.

To Chinese - Britain pillaged us as well and plundered much of our riches to the point where in some places , we were treated worse than dogs. We Indians saw Japanese (and Hitler) as the only way to kick the colonial vermin out. At any price.

That's just like a person accept devil as PAPA to get freedom. Anyone should sell out his soul to devil for freedom? The really naive person is always yourself, please pay respect to Mr. Gandhi. All Chinese pay respect to him!

just as you guys have accepted killers of tianmenn as your masters !

To gessler: I know you are not a China hatre deep inside, you just wanna show your self-respect in a strong way by post against China. Both you and me has dual characteristic, one side wanna show how stong our nation is , otherside wanna improve our relationship. I'm not such a Indian hatre, and you contra versa. warning to you: don't get closed to Japan, they are dangerous animals, a combination of angel and beast.

I honestly didn't know we two have dual characteristic.

Aren't you ashamed of calling one of earth's human population as animals? That is very rude.
We will get what we want from the Japanese - look at the 22 billion $ we squeezed out of them to
fund our Chennai-Bangalore industrial corridor, and what did we do for them in return? Nothing.

Its just like that - we get what we want from them but we serve their purpose or back their side
only when it suites us best. So don't worry.

India and japan are destined to come closer..as both are economically strong and already helping in economic front...apart from many other reasons.

At that time they did and i believe they saved us from Japanese atrocities. I am not saying the Brits were any less cruel though. But things were becoming normal with the Brits, with the Japs it would have started all over again.

good,alliance with japan is inevitable to contain the chinese influence in the continent!

At that time they did and i believe they saved us from Japanese atrocities. I am not saying the Brits were any less cruel though. But things were becoming normal with the Brits, with the Japs it would have started all over again.

So Indians were so comfortable with the Brits that India decided to adopted English as the official language. Or did India adopted English as the necessary step to unite India?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom