What's new

Japan gets contract to build strategeic roads on Indo-China border

The whole Chicken's neck vulnerability claim is among some delusional Chinese members here, with no military thought.

To enter Shiliguri from Chinese border side, one must scale mountain range on an average of 6000m high.
In other words, the Chinese infantry will have to first get acclimatized to mountain peaks, then when descending downwards must again get acclimatized to conditions of the bottom of the peaks, this usually take a month for average human body.

After that lies the task of expelling/overrunning existing Indian military forces at Siliguri.

Even if the above becomes possible magically, India can send massive reinforcements from mainland, faster than China.

Plus any Chinese retreat from Siliguri is not possible, as they would have scale the mountains again.

A very excellent point. Whenever I read some Chinese posters here refer 'breaking the chicken's neck' claim in any military discussion, I always laugh at such simplistic notion. Understanding military topography is as much a factor in successful military campaigns as the military units and their training. An invasion of Northeast India through Siliguri is unrealistic and one that would mean defeat. The Chinese would literally be fighting with their "backs behind a wall".

A very excellent point. Whenever I read some Chinese posters here refer 'breaking the chicken's neck' claim in any military discussion, I always laugh at such simplistic notion. Understanding military topography is as much a factor in successful military campaigns as the military units and their training. An invasion of Northeast India through Siliguri is unrealistic and one that would mean defeat. The Chinese would literally be fighting with their "backs behind a wall".
Yes. And that is one of the reason unlike fanboys on the internet, the Chinese Govt is trying to settle its boundary with Bhutan in such a way so as to give a corridor to be able to access Siliguri, instead of an 'over the mountain' approach thought of by fanboys.

Unfortunately for them, Bhutan is an ally of India and is steadfast in ensuring that any boundary settlement must protect India's flank.

This is genius!
India has gave Chinese taste of their own medicine. Now India can release Chinese statement about development work they took in P 0 K.

Two kills in one bullet!

More than sending Chinese a message, I think the final goal is quick development of infrastructure there, probably the reason why Japan was given the contract, rather than doing it ourselves.

It's not beyond them to attempt it. If you read my post #39 you will come to understand that their military in the sense the top brass has no responsibility to the footsoldiers. So if they send in enough men, perhaps they can take over NE. Remember, we are talking about millions of people they are ready to sacrifice for their goal.

More than sending Chinese a message, I think the final goal is quick development of infrastructure there, probably the reason why Japan was given the contract, rather than doing it ourselves.

I concur, that's what I intend to say!
That's called 2 kills in one bullet!
1. Send required message
2. Bring long overdue development to region it deserve

It's not beyond them to attempt it. If you read my post #39 you will come to understand that their military in the sense the top brass has no responsibility to the footsoldiers. So if they send in enough men, perhaps they can take over NE. Remember, we are talking about millions of people they are ready to sacrifice for their goal.

Do you really think that they (Chinese) would risk and gamble a major war to claim such a small territory in India's North East? Given, China's own internal crisis , especially the rising tide of extremism in its own Xinjiang autonomous province, as well as some security threats in Tibet, the crisis in South China Sea, does China's Leadership think it would be an overall fortuitous strategy to war with India? In such a war, armies would be diverted to address the Indian Army threat, this means a reduction in armed forces to protect other Chinese military regions.

Does China want to risk having 3 unstable regions? 1) Xinjinag, 2) Tibet and 3) Yunnan corridor?

Definitely the cross-over effect lead to millions of civilians dispossessed by the war. This would destabilize not only China and India, but also Bangladesh, Southeast Asia.

Interesting!!!
why not the roads of arunachal pradesh??
Has Arunachal pradesh ceded to China or have we given in to China's bullying that India should not be constructing roads along its border??
They projects they are handling are the ones BRO cannot handle since UPA slept on these projects for 10 years without doing anything. There is a *lot of work* to be done, and it needs to be done quickly. The roads in Arunachal are a priority, and will be done by ourselves, in an ideal situation we would build all the roads by ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom