What's new

Japan gets contract to build strategeic roads on Indo-China border

58 Battalions of ITBP (Indo Tibet border force), 12 additional battalions (12000 personnal) for deployment at 54 new border outposts.

Corps
  • XIV Corps Ladakh-based
  • III Corps - Rangapahar (Dimapur), Nagaland
  • IV Corps - Tezpur, Assam
  • XXXIII Corps - Siliguri, West Bengal
  • XXI Para (SF) that is being deployed under the Tezpur
  • The Parachute Regiment has 10 units under it of which eight are Special Forces units while the rest are Para Commando units with capability of launching airborne operations.Seven among them are trained and classified as Special Forces, which are supposed to carry out counter-insurgency operations during peacetime and sabotage enemy installations beyond enemy lines during wars.
  • Six armoured regiments, equipped with 348 tanks (58 tanks per regiment, including reserves). *
  • Three mechanised infantry battalions , amounting to about 180 BMP-IIs.(infantry combat vehicles).
  • Two battalions of the airborne troops with around 1,500 personnel under the elite Parachute Regiment of the Army.
  • A new mountain "strike" corps with two "independent" infantry brigades and two "independent" armoured brigades, totalling over 80,000 soldiers.It will be called 17 Corps.
  • A new corps with two specialized high-altitude divisions for "rapid reaction force capability in mountains.
* Armoured divisions

Armoured brigade to cover the flat approaches from Tibet towards India’s crucial defences at Chushul, some will be located in the Siliguri corridor in Bengal, covering the approaches from Sikkim to the plains rest will be located on the flat, 17,000-feet-high North Sikkim plateau, on which border areas are hotly disputed between China and India. They have T-90MS Tanks and additional are in order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Sukhoi-30MKI fighters are flying from IAF air bases in Tezpur and Chhabua, with additional air bases coming up in Jorhat, Guwahati, Mohanbari, Bagdogra and Hashimara.
  • Six squadrons of the anti-aircraft Akash missile will defend north-eastern airspace.
  • The IAF is modernising eight Advanced Landing Grounds, which would support offensive operations in the sector.
  • Apaches from US expected to be attack helicopter.
  • M-MRCA and C-130J (Panagarh in West Bengal) will be added to the sector.
  • Six mid-air refueling tanker aircraft are planned to be stationed at Panagarh air base in West Bengal.(Ilyushin-78 or European A-330 MRTT)

I might have missed some.

Thank you @SpArK for that qualitative information !

Indian Army’s Ladakh-based 14 Corps have an armoured brigade to safeguard the region nearing Tibet at Chushul in Ladakh. The second armoured brigade is located in the Siliguri corridor in Bengal which can safeguard the region in Sikkim. India is also raising a mountain strike corps in the northeast which will consist of two mountain divisions with about 40,000 soldiers.

The IAF has also beefed up its operational capability in the north-east with Sukhoi-30MKI fighters flying from new IAF air bases in Tezpur and Chhabua.Recently a new fighter base was built at Nyoma in Ladakh . I believe there is also 12 Akash surface-to-air missile (SAM) squadrons located there .

An impressive display of territorial defense capabilities , indeed. This definitely negates any Chinese spurious claim of 'break' India at the Shiliguri Plain. Any offensive engagement by the enemy would be repulsed. As I am concerned, I also know that India has also a considerable Paramilitary force dispersed throughout the region, right?

To the esteemed Indian colleagues,

I have a question regarding the Indian Defense Posture in Northeast India.

In the past it was defensive, roads were not built to prevent Chinese troop advance

Currently India has deployed Sukhoi MKIs and Brahmos crusie missile, indicating long range and precision strikes, deep Inside Chinese territory, as Chinese military targets are far away from the border.

PLAAF-Military-Regions-DOD.png

Even Tanks are being deployed there

In a first, Indian tank brigades to defend China border | Business Standard News

India forever trolling. How brilliant is it to contract out to the Japanese?

This is a new age of greater Japanese and Indian cooperation, buddy.

The Chinese shouldn't worry. This is just an infrastructure project.

Besides, its within India's indisputable sovereign territory.

;)

Hindi-Japani Bhai Bhai

In the past it was defensive, roads were not built to prevent Chinese troop advance

Currently India has deployed Sukhoi MKIs and Brahmos crusie missile, indicating long range and precision strikes

Even Tanks are being deployed there

In a first, Indian tank brigades to defend China border | Business Standard News

And As India builds and improves infrastructure in the Northeast, this will lead to unprecedented progress and peace for the region. For one, the improved roadways, and infrastructure means there will be greater volume of trade with these states and union territories to the Indian Mainland. Second, as Northeast India becomes integrated , we can expected more investment opportunities in states such as sikim, nagaland, arunachal pradesh, and assam. This then will mean greater wealth distribution in these areas, increased qualitative life standards. Infrastructure will also mean ease of access for security forces to meet any security threats; be they rebels/ insurrectionists or from other states.

In the end, its a win win scenario for India.

An impressive display of territorial defense capabilities , indeed. This definitely negates any Chinese spurious claim of 'break' India at the Shiliguri Plain. Any offensive engagement by the enemy would be repulsed. As I am concerned,
One thing though was not made clear.
The Mountain Strike Corps(MSC) being raised now will be offensive(Strike) in nature. Its primary job will be to invade Chinese territory.
The rest of the military assets there are Pivot Corps - more geared towards Defense and Holding.
I also know that India has also a considerable Paramilitary force dispersed throughout the region, right?
Yes.

This is a new age of greater Japanese and Indian cooperation, buddy.

The Chinese shouldn't worry. This is just an infrastructure project.

Besides, its within India's indisputable sovereign territory.

;)

Hindi-Japani Bhai Bhai

I am sure Japanese- Indian cooperation is going to be one of the themes of the 21st Century. It is natural for our two nations to be partners.

And As India builds and improves infrastructure in the Northeast, this will lead to unprecedented progress and peace for the region. For one, the improved roadways, and infrastructure means there will be greater volume of trade with these states and union territories to the Indian Mainland. Second, as Northeast India becomes integrated , we can expected more investment opportunities in states such as sikim, nagaland, arunachal pradesh, and assam. This then will mean greater wealth distribution in these areas, increased qualitative life standards. Infrastructure will also mean ease of access for security forces to meet any security threats; be they rebels/ insurrectionists or from other states.

Exactly.

Irrespective of Chinese threat, the underdevelopment of North East is a bigger threat to Indian integrity.

I hope Japan wins a contract to develop roads in Arunachal Pradesh as well. :)

One thing though was not made clear.
The Mountain Strike Corps(MSC) being raised now will be offensive(Strike) in nature. Its primary job will be to invade Chinese territory.
The rest of the military assets there are Pivot Corps - more geared towards defense and holding.

That's good to know and I'm sure when the MSC is raised to full operational status, any dreams or wishes for any aggressor state(s) will be negated.

I should also even state that India should not only focus its defense / territorial forces onto China, but also with Myanmar as it shares a large border with Myanmar. And as I'm concerned, issue of natural resource threat has been a concern such as illegal lumbering. As years progress , as India's demand for natural resources increases, it will be important to implement a more robust territorial defense posture towards its Eastern flank.

An impressive display of territorial defense capabilities , indeed. This definitely negates any Chinese spurious claim of 'break' India at the Shiliguri Plain. Any offensive engagement by the enemy would be repulsed. As I am concerned, I also know that India has also a considerable Paramilitary force dispersed throughout the region, right?

Yeah! Siliguri is my hometown. It only makes me laugh when people talk about the ease of grabbing the chicken neck. :D

Yeah! Siliguri is my hometown. It only makes me laugh when people talk about the ease of grabbing the chicken neck. :D

You're a Northeasterner? ha ha ! Cool. I always thought you were from New Delhi or from a central state. :ashamed:

yeah but more than anything it will benefit local population. ;)

Chicken neck is a nonexistant problem. bangla desh is an extension of India, and if any war breaks our, India will get access to NE via bangla desh.

India forever trolling. How brilliant is it to contract out to the Japanese?

This is genius!
India has gave Chinese taste of their own medicine. Now India can release Chinese statement about development work they took in P 0 K.

Two kills in one bullet!

Back
Top Bottom