What's new

Japan gets contract to build strategeic roads on Indo-China border

I'm from a small village called 'Matigara', 6 km away from Siliguri.

That's awesome to hear buddy. I've always wanted to visit Northeast India as I've seen some pictures of my one friend's visit to his home area (Sikkim). Truly a beautiful country. I know this is off topic, but what language do you speak in Siliguri? Is it a variant of Sikkimese?

Japan is a country of mountains. Their expertise will be great and cost effective when compared to the Swiss. :tup:

That's awesome to hear buddy. I've always wanted to visit Northeast India as I've seen some pictures of my one friend's visit to his home area (Sikkim). Truly a beautiful country. I know this is off topic, but what language do you speak in Siliguri? Is it a variant of Sikkimese?

No, i'm Bengali, and a majority of people speak either speak Bengali or Nepali. Sikkimese is being spoken by a very small minority, most of Tibetan-Bhutan decent.

That's good to know and I'm sure when the MSC is raised to full operational status, any dreams or wishes for any aggressor state(s) will be negated.
Considering that the primary target for the MSC will be China's underbelly (or China's Siliguri) - Tibet. I do think that there will be no possibility of a military confrontation with China.
I should also even state that India should not only focus its defense / territorial forces onto China, but also with Myanmar as it shares a large border with Myanmar. And as I'm concerned, issue of natural resource threat has been a concern such as illegal lumbering. As years progress , as India's demand for natural resources increases, it will be important to implement a more robust territorial defense posture towards its Eastern flank.
The military is not really required on Myanmar border.
Myanmar is an ally of India. We just need the paramilitary to ensure that illegal activities like smuggling, mining, etc do not take place.

The only 2 countries borders where we need military is Pakistan and China.
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar are friendly nations.

Japan is a country of mountains. Their expertise will be great and cost effective when compared to the Swiss. :tup:

Japan and India are now strategic partners. This is just one drop in the proverbial "bucket" of the blossoming and maturation of Indian-Japanese cooperation.

No, i'm Bengali, and a majority of people speak either speak Bengali or Nepali. Sikkimese is being spoken by a very small minority, most of Tibetan-Bhutan decent.

Thanks for the much needed clarification, buddy. I never knew that !

You missed Bhutan, and considering Nepal to be neutral under such situations, so neglecting the strategic depth offered by Nepal.

You can replace bangla desh with any of those countries, but the idea is still the same: chicken neck is a nonexistent problem. Reflecting on history, we have seen just how our enemy fights and I think that is the scariest thing. They literally have no value for human life. During all their wars they have engaged in human wave tactics, suffering losses of up to 80% and still not stopping. We on the other hand cannot tolerate losses over 5-10%. The question then becomes, how do we defeat an enemy that is willing to sacrifice million of their own men?

Considering that the primary target for the MSC will be China's underbelly (or China's Siliguri) - Tibet. I do think that there will be no possibility of a military confrontation with China.

The military is not really required on Myanmar border.
Myanmar is an ally of India. We just need the paramilitary to ensure that illegal activities like smuggling, mining, etc do not take place.

The only 2 countries borders where we need military is Pakistan and China.
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar are friendly nations.

Thanks for that clarification, Sir. :)

Japan and India are now strategic partners. This is just one drop in the proverbial "bucket" of the blossoming and maturation of Indian-Japanese cooperation.

How much of Japan is covered by mountains.

An impressive display of territorial defense capabilities , indeed. This definitely negates any Chinese spurious claim of 'break' India at the Shiliguri Plain. Any offensive engagement by the enemy would be repulsed. As I am concerned, I also know that India has also a considerable Paramilitary force dispersed throughout the region, right?

The whole Chicken's neck vulnerability claim is among some delusional Chinese members here, with no military thought.

To enter Shiliguri from Chinese border side, one must scale mountain range on an average of 6000m high.
In other words, the Chinese infantry will have to first get acclimatized to mountain peaks, then when descending downwards must again get acclimatized to conditions of the bottom of the peaks, this usually take a month for average human body.

After that lies the task of expelling/overrunning existing Indian military forces at Siliguri.

Even if the above becomes possible magically, India can send massive reinforcements from mainland, faster than China.

Plus any Chinese retreat from Siliguri is not possible, as they would have scale the mountains again.

You can replace bangla desh with any of those countries, but the idea is still the same: chicken neck is a nonexistent problem. Reflecting on history, we have seen just how our enemy fights and I think that is the scariest thing. They literally have no value for human life. During all their wars they have engaged in human wave tactics, suffering losses of up to 80% and still not stopping. We on the other hand cannot tolerate losses over 5-10%. The question then becomes, how do we defeat an enemy that is willing to sacrifice million of their own men?

That's what i said, the 'chicken neck' fallacy is only taken by the people who's understanding of geopolitical issues is only limited to 'looking at the map'.

Back
Top Bottom