What's new

Japan Defence Forum

@cnleio ,

What's rather interesting is that this new design was made to correct some issues / problems JMSDF had with our then-patrol ship the PT 11 Class , which had hydrofoil capability. .Issues arose such as speed and maneuverability in close quarter operations. The Hayabusa class addressed these issues by making the hull size 4 times as large, single hull design was later selected for optimum seaworthiness in high speeds. The hull is long and narrow with a V-shaped bottom, allowing for a high hull speed and improved high-speed stability.
Ths !
What's the fastest speed for Hayabusa-class missle boat ?

She can cruise at 46 knots.
OKay, the official data of China 022 the fastest speed is 50 knots but didn't mention the cruise speed, it seems 40~50knots is our standard missile boat speed for both Japan and China Navy.

The difference is Japanese selected V-shaped bottom design, Chinese selected Catamaran design. And all using Pump-jet: Hayabusa-class 3x pump-jets, 022-class 2x pump-jets + 2x diesel engines.

US, Japan to Jointly Develop Littoral Combat Ship

U.S. and Japanese officials have announced plans to co-develop a new high-speed vessel capable of carrying helicopters.
Following a meeting between U.S. Ambassador to Japan Caroline Kennedy and Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida on March 4, the two governments announced that the Japanese Defense Ministry and the U.S. Department of Defense would hold studies for the joint development of the vessel under the bilateral Mutual Defense Assistance (MDA) agreement.

Although very little information has been released about the project, analysts contend that the trimaran would likely be a lighter variant of the U.S. Navy’s 3,000-tonne littoral combat ship (LCS), a platform designed primarily for missions in shallow coastal waters.

According to reports in Japanese media, the high-speed J-LCS would give the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) the ability to quickly intervene during incursions by Chinese vessels near the Senkaku/Diaoyu islets and other contested areas of the East China Sea. Chinese analysts speculate that the J-LCS could be intended as a counter to the PLA Navy’s (PLAN) Type 056 corvettes and Type 022 fast-attack boats, two types of vessels that could be deployed to the region should relations continue to deteriorate. Furthermore, early reports indicate that the slightly enlarged hull of the 1,000-tonne-plus vessels could accommodate SH-60K anti-submarine helicopters and MCH-101 airborne mine countermeasures (AMCM) helicopters.

Coincidentally, the announcement came as the U.S. Navy unveiled a substantial reduction in the number of LCSs it will acquire, from 52 as initially planned to 32. A total of US$1.5 billion was set aside to buy three LCS during FY2015 (down one from a planned four), for a total of 14 through 2019 (twenty LCSs have been funded through FY2014). As a large share of the LCSs in the U.S. Navy was expected to be deployed to the Asia-Pacific, the joint project with Japan could serve as a much-needed supplement to compensate for a trimmed U.S. force deployment, both in terms of reduced production costs and an increased number of surface combatants that, through burden sharing, the U.S. Navy and JMSDF could bring into play during hostilities.

US, Japan to Jointly Develop Littoral Combat Ship | The Diplomat

US_Navy_110912-N-AU606-002_The_littoral_combat_ship_USS_Independence_(LCS_2)_makes_preparations_at_Naval_Air_Station_Pensacola_before_getting_under.jpg

LCS12.jpg

No they are not they have around 250 Fighter Jets of 4th Generation but China has around now 1200 4th Generation Fighter Jets so China is far better than most Asian countries when ti comes to Fire power both quality and quantity

Air power must include things beyond aircraft. And Japan, as well as Taiwan, are really advance bases of USAF.

No they are not they have around 250 Fighter Jets of 4th Generation but China has around now 1200 4th Generation Fighter Jets so China is far better than most Asian countries when ti comes to Fire power both quality and quantity

If i may infer @Zarvan ,

The JASDF [Japan Air Self Defense Force] has 769 active aircraft (not including the 42 F-35As that will be delivered to us from the USAF).

Of that number the following are Combat aircraft:

F-35A = 42 (to be delivered)
F-35B = (still under negotiations; but probably around 30-40)
F-15J = 165
F-15DJ = 48
Mitsubishi F-2A = 61
Mitsubishi F-2B = 28
F-4 Phantom II = 78

Total: 462

This is just combat aircraft; this is not taking into consideration the JSDF's Anti Air Missile systems, which is very well developed and deployed.

They prevented our purchase of F-22, so, as a result, we developed the ATD-X project.

They prevented ALL countries from getting it...even the Israelis...by intentionally shutting down the F22 line.
Plus they are working on the 6th gen now.

I agree. But that's still a similar approach in terms of unrelated post. You may send a PM to the member directly. After all, internet is an extremely anonymous space.

I fully acknowledge your point. I also however hope that you can acknowledge what happened here earlier as well. Now we can move on and go back to topic hopefully.

I had mentioned this in an earlier post. I wish they made at least 100 more before shutting down the production line. I understand why they had their reasons though. As for 6th gen, can't wait to see how mighty it is. A lot of the F-22 tech is decades old. Yet, it's still one of the most formidable fighters in the world today.

I can only imagine what the US is working on currently that will be even more formidable decades from now.

I'd rather they put that 100 more money into 6th gen stuff and swarm UCAV's. The days of manned fighters is coming to an end. No use having 100's of F22's when the sky is full of 100's of killer UCAV's who have no fear.

Plus solid-state lasers are shrinking and coming on-line. It soon will be suicidal to be a pilot.

LOL sounds like India's supa dupa FGFA.

Are you taking dig at the technical capabilites of Japan "new recruit"?? Low level cheap stolen chinese technology stands nowhere close to Japan. Steal some more for few decades and then think twice before replying. lol

Japanese have some serious tech. no doubt about that!

In order to achieve this, they have to be a free country with its own sovereignty first.

Nah. This is just a stealth fighter; not a strategic weapon that can increase Japan's power projection far from their land. Although it can be use to invade other countries, but Japan still doesn't has the capacity to bring this fighter to bomb a far-far away land. So I guess that this fighter is alright. It is still can be considered as a self defense weapon.

SUPERPOWER GUNDUM, here they come! LOL

otakon-gundam.jpg

Is this you, Xunzi?

Back
Top Bottom