What's new

Japan Defence Forum

Nope, you are wrong .

During Cold war , Japan need to keep large number Jets.

Now Japan wants to keep the tech superiority . Because Soviet Union was gone , on the other hand Japan can not afford to keep two many high tech Jets.
Aye, Soviet gone, but China come, so they must catch up situation ... :D

There is NOTHING in the world that can be compared to the F-35. Not even the F-22.

Am not talking about 'stealth', although that is important. Am not talking about avionics, although that is also important. But the F-35 is a project so ambitious that no one outside the US can attempt. It is to serve the needs of all three US air services. As much as I respect Japanese industries, Japan cannot match the F-35.

No, it will not.

1.The first bold statements is the reason of why some trouble are facing F-35 Program, actually I cannot understand why until now USA still prevent South Korea to test F-35 by using the real plane, instead USA insist SK to use F-35 simulator to test F-35 capabilities.

2.We have to wait and see first.....Seeing the first prototype flying first.

Last edited:
There is NOTHING in the world that can be compared to the F-35. Not even the F-22.

Am not talking about 'stealth', although that is important. Am not talking about avionics, although that is also important. But the F-35 is a project so ambitious that no one outside the US can attempt. It is to serve the needs of all three US air services. As much as I respect Japanese industries, Japan cannot match the F-35.

No, it will not.

Definitely, the F-35 will be a potent fighter! In fact Japan placed an order for 42 of these. I admire American R&D and their awesome air power. However, I must infer that the many years Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has worked with Lockheed & Martin the the development of the F-2 Fighter, MHI will be successful in further developing its capabilities. I am confident that in time, Japan will be able to even surpass the Americans in regards to military R&D.

We never claim J20 is better than F35 or F22 .
Give us a break. The J-20 have been debated many times already. Your fellow Chinese trot out every blog/opinion they can troll on the Internet to support their claims that the J-20 will at least be superior to the F-35 and a peer to the F-22.

Give us a break. The J-20 have been debated many times already. Your fellow Chinese trot out every blog/opinion they can troll on the Internet to support their claims that the J-20 will at least be superior to the F-35 and a peer to the F-22.
At least I never said that

No matter what . You are also not professional enough to claim Japan Jet can beat our J20.

You are no difference with Chinese member who claim J20 is better than F22.

At least I never said that

No matter what . You are also not professional enough to claim Japan Jet can beat our J20.

You are no difference with Chinese member who claim J20 is better than F22.

Then, I would counsel all of you to analyze the two jets objectively through specification dichotomies. Try to separate your nationality from criterium analyses, and try to evade the premise to bias. Objectively analyze
their AEW/AWACS system with a well-trained crew and robust data links, AESA radar, integrated EW system, airframe, refueling capability etc.

Spent a little period of time on this & I would say: Congratulations japan, ours country and yours could be corporate in the future in some fields.

Spent a little period of time on this & I would say: Congratulations japan, ours country and yours could be corporate in the future in some fields.

I believe that only through direct communique between Japan and Russia and strengthened bilateral ties can both countries help shape the peace and stability of North East Asia.

Then, I would counsel all of you to analyze the two jets objectively through specification dichotomies. Try to separate your nationality from criterium analyses, and try to evade the premise to bias. Objectively analyze
their AEW/AWACS system with a well-trained crew and robust data links, AESA radar, integrated EW system, airframe, refueling capability etc.
What is the objective situation of ATD and J20 ?

I mean detail information, do you have the official data?

If we want to compare two things ,at least this two things must exist or finalize the design.

After that , we can compare the parameter one by one .

Now ATD is still a prototype and J20 not finalize yet , you can speculate ATD is better now ?

I do not think so , at least our J20 has test flight for years on the other hand ATD is still in lab.

What is the objective situation of ATD and J20 ?

I mean detail information, do you have the official data?

If we want to compare two things ,at least this two things must exist or finalize the design.

After that , we can compare the parameter one by one .

Now ATD is still a prototype and J20 not finalize yet , you can speculate ATD is better now ?

I do not think so , at least our J20 has test flight for years on the other hand ATD is still in lab.

Unfortunately @Kyle Sun , I do not have more specific information on the ATD-X prototype. What is published through public media are information released by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries , the rest , or current research progress remains hidden.
What we can do is compare the current or active information. I can create a literature review and post it here (probably will have to be sometime tomorrow).

I wish i did have access to more information. However, I'm sure MHI would send someone to 'neutralize' me. :p:

Unfortunately @Kyle Sun , I do not have more specific information on the ATD-X prototype. What is published through public media are information released by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries , the rest , or current research progress remains hidden.
What we can do is compare the current or active information. I can create a literature review and post it here (probably will have to be sometime tomorrow).

I wish i did have access to more information. However, I'm sure MHI would send someone to 'neutralize' me. :p:
That would be welcomed if you can list more specific information.

Speculate its ability by nation tech and industry level is reasonable , but it is just reference.

Hayabusa-class

hayabusa_class_patrol_boat_pg_826_otaka_by_ddmurasame-d6dpo2f.jpg

k96.jpg

67-HayabusaClass.jpg
The body design of Hayabusa class looks like a Mini-DDG, it's a very interesting shipbody.

Don't they already have a thread for this in the Air force forum? Yo mod merge this thread whydon'tcha.

The body design of Hayabusa class looks like a Mini-DDG, it's a very interesting shipbody.

@cnleio ,

What's rather interesting is that this new design was made to correct some issues / problems JMSDF had with our then-patrol ship the PT 11 Class , which had hydrofoil capability. .Issues arose such as speed and maneuverability in close quarter operations. The Hayabusa class addressed these issues by making the hull size 4 times as large, single hull design was later selected for optimum seaworthiness in high speeds. The hull is long and narrow with a V-shaped bottom, allowing for a high hull speed and improved high-speed stability.

Back
Top Bottom