What's new

Japan Defence Forum

Scared ?

Then. This is now.

The US cannot force the Japanese to buy anything.

I say to Japan: Go for it.
Scare what ?US or Japan ?

Yes , US is a reasonable country . That 's why US pressed Israel into canceling the AWACS deal. And that 's why US force Turkey not to buy our missiles.

Like how you were chased away from the oil rig?
No, like your poor people was slaughter like pigs and got many "fireworks" after that ... and you guys so high on here, cheer ... :smart:
Does US allow Japan to do this ?

US once forced Japan to give up Jet project if my memory serve me well .

And US wants to sell F35 now , I do not think Americans will like ATD.
Japan want F-35 for now. F-3i was next gen for 2030.

They prevented our purchase of F-22, so, as a result, we developed the ATD-X project. We've worked closely with Lockheed Martin in developing Mitsubishi F-2 fighter. Currently, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries have more than capable aeronautical and mechanical engineers with experience in working with L&M. In lack of a better word, the sky is the limit.

The ATD-X project will yield even far more superior to the F-35 JSF. It will be on par with the F-22 , possibly even higher.
Although I do not like Japan , I must say Japan's industry is much advanced than China.

But I do not believe ATD is as good as F22, Avionics is no problem for Japan.

Control system and material and engine are not that easy , US has studied this tech for so many years .

Japan can not just climb to the top1 with one step even Japan's tech is good.

They prevented our purchase of F-22, so, as a result, we developed the ATD-X project. We've worked closely with Lockheed Martin in developing Mitsubishi F-2 fighter. Currently, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries have more than capable aeronautical and mechanical engineers with experience in working with L&M. In lack of a better word, the sky is the limit.

The ATD-X project will yield even far more superior to the F-35 JSF. It will be on par with the F-22 , possibly even higher.

if it was up to me (which it was obviously not) Japan would have been given the opportunity to buy some F-22's. I understand from a US military point of view why that didn't happen though. As a matter of fact, the US (in my humble opinion) should have made at least 100 more F-22's before stopping production.

Not sure if it will be technologically superior to the F-22, but it will be interested to see how the ATD-X will compare with others in its class.

Scare what ?US or Japan ?
No. China. Are you scared of Japan ? Must be...

Although I do not like Japan , I must say Japan's industry is much advanced than China.

But I do not believe ATD is as good as F22, Avionics is no problem for Japan.

Control system and material and engine are not that easy , US has studied this tech for so many years .

Japan can not just climb to the top1 with one step even Japan's tech is good.
Please do not talk as if you know what you are talking about. The Japanese have a better than 50/50 chance of beating the J-20 in a much shorter time -- on their own efforts.

No they are not they have around 250 Fighter Jets of 4th Generation but China has around now 1200 4th Generation Fighter Jets so China is far better than most Asian countries when ti comes to Fire power both quality and quantity
Japan is small when compare to China, so why need so large numbers on their quantity !?
They procured follow their plan for security, not for show off muscle to satisfy anything

No, like your poor people was slaughter like pigs and got many "fireworks" after that ... and you guys so high on here, cheer ... :smart:

Japan want F-35 for now. F-3i was next gen for 2030.
Now is 2014, I do not think F22/F35's service period will be that short and F35 still has many problems .

Hayabusa-class

The Hayabusa-class is a guided missile patrol boat class of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force. Six boats were built between 2002 and 2004.

The Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force initially built three hydrofoil missile boats of the PG 1-go class between 1993 and 1995. However, after commissioning, problems with seaworthiness and operational range at mid-speed became clear. As a result, no more ships of this first class of Japanese missile boat were built.

The Hayabusa class was designed to correct these problems. After an incident off the Noto Peninsula involving a North Korea spy ship, two ships of the class were included in the 1999 fiscal year plan. They were named for Imperial Japanese Navy ships, the torpedo boat Hayabusa and the minesweeper Wakataka.

The main armament is a pair of SSM-1B ship-to-ship missile twin launchers installed in the stern and a Otobreda 76 mm gun on the front deck Otobreda 76 mm gun. Additionally, two 12.7mm M2 machine guns are installed on the back of the bridge.

The weapons systems for the Hayabusa Class is controlled by the OYQ-8B Tactical Data Processing System. It uses a smaller AN/UYK-44 computer but is vastly superior to the previous generation UYK-20. Also it is capable of supporting Link 11 data link, which the previous OYQ-5 and UYK-20 system was not able to. As a result, it is now able to provide supporting data to other ships and aircraft. This enhances offensive and defensive capability as they can now feed data into the larger Maritime Operation Force System of the Self Defense Forces.

There are 6 ships of this class:

JDS Hayabusa
JDS Wakataka
JDS Otaka
JDS Kumataka
JDS Umitaka
JDS Shiritaka

hayabusa_class_patrol_boat_pg_826_otaka_by_ddmurasame-d6dpo2f.jpg

k96.jpg

67-HayabusaClass.jpg

No. China. Are you scared of Japan ? Must be...

Please do not talk as if you know what you are talking about. The Japanese have a better than 50/50 chance of beating the J-20 in a much shorter time -- on their own efforts.
We never scared of Japan

Oh really ?

So you know J20 very well , and you know Japan jet will beat it even ATD is still a prototype ?

It sounds like you are the engineer of J20 and ATD, are you ?

And do I tell the truth about US force Israel and turkey ? Yes or No

Now is 2014, I do not think F22/F35's service period will be that short and F35 still has many problems .
You should remember that Japan used both F-2 and F-15 for their purpose, and they want to expanse their military role in region, so they must increase their fighter fleet number ... :D

The ATD-X project will yield even far more superior to the F-35 JSF.
There is NOTHING in the world that can be compared to the F-35. Not even the F-22.

Am not talking about 'stealth', although that is important. Am not talking about avionics, although that is also important. But the F-35 is a project so ambitious that no one outside the US can attempt. It is to serve the needs of all three US air services. As much as I respect Japanese industries, Japan cannot match the F-35.

It will be on par with the F-22 , possibly even higher.
No, it will not.

We never scared of Japan

Oh really ?

So you know J20 very well , and you know Japan jet will beat it even ATD is still a prototype ?

It sounds like you are the engineer of J20 and ATD, are you ?

And do I tell the truth about US force Israel and turkey ? Yes or No
You guys got no problems making claims about the J-20, even though NONE of you have relevant experience in the military or aviation, so why the offense if I, who have experience in the USAF and civilian aviation, make claims about the J-20 ? :lol:

You should remember that Japan used both F-2 and F-15 for their purpose, and they want to expanse their military role in region, so they must increase their fighter fleet number ... :D
Nope, you are wrong .

During Cold war , Japan need to keep large number Jets.

Now Japan wants to keep the tech superiority . Because Soviet Union was gone , on the other hand Japan can not afford to keep two many high tech Jets.

You guys got no problems making claims about the J-20, even though NONE of you have relevant experience in the military or aviation, so why the offense if I, who have experience in the USAF and civilian aviation, make claims about the J-20 ? :lol:
We never claim J20 is better than F35 or F22 .

And you worked in USAF ? As a pilot ? Mechanic ?

US experts once claimed we would never make nuke bomb or satellite.

Now what ? so called experts ate their words.

Are you more professional than them ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom