What's new

Japan approves 5 years more funding for U.S. military presence as China, Russia and North Korea threats loom large

good, so US will help enforce the NPT, a treaty that forms the bedrock of deterrence, right?
Depends on the situation. If its anything like for example South Korea when their ballistic missiles has limitations imposed on their range before the U.S. government keep lifting restrictions until it was completely gone because of North Korea, could do the same for Japan.

Depends on the situation. If its anything like for example South Korea when their ballistic missiles has limitations imposed on their range before the U.S. government keep lifting restrictions until it was completely gone because of North Korea, could do the same for Japan.
no problem. even if a disarming first strike isn't done there's many cards China can play like sanctions, confiscating Japanese investments, freezing Japanese accounts in China, cooperating with Russia and North Korea to put an early warning radar and interceptors in North Korea and Sakhalin, etc.

no problem. even if a disarming first strike isn't done there's many cards China can play like sanctions, confiscating Japanese investments, freezing Japanese accounts in China, cooperating with Russia and North Korea to put an early warning radar and interceptors in North Korea and Sakhalin, etc.
You could try, but looking at how China did against South Korea over THAAD, this is not something that would succeed if Japan thinks nukes could be the answer to North Korea's and China's attempt to nuke Japan in the future in any war over water or over territories or maritime rights.

You could try, but looking at how China did against South Korea over THAAD, this is not something that would succeed if Japan thinks nukes could be the answer to North Korea's and China's attempt to nuke Japan in the future in any water over territories or maritime rights.
what did China do lol? Didn't even confiscate their investments.

there's also 300 new silos and X new mobile launchers in Inner Mongolia, far away from THAAD and aimed with a western polar trajectory.

what did China do lol? Didn't even confiscate their investments.

there's also 300 new silos and X new mobile launchers in Inner Mongolia, far away from THAAD and aimed with a western polar trajectory.
:undecided: You may have 300 new silos, but I don't think Japan cares that much when China hasn't moved itself. You still have many cities that can be easily within reach of Japan's ballistic missiles and nukes in theory. So just cause you nuke Japan doesn't mean much with 300 new silos that failed to protect Chinese cities if you decided you want to nuke Japan.

:undecided: You may have 300 new silos, but I don't think Japan cares that much when China hasn't moved itself. You still have many cities that can be easily within reach of Japan's ballistic missiles and nukes in theory. So just cause you nuke Japan doesn't mean much with 300 new silos that failed to protect Chinese cities if you decided you want to nuke Japan.
Japan hasn't even tested a ballistic missile yet while China already tested multiple mid course interceptors.

China will be unlikely to limit retaliation to Japan if there's a certain ally who helped them by refusing to enforce a treaty they signed.

Japan hasn't even tested a ballistic missile yet while China already tested multiple mid course interceptors.

China will be unlikely to limit retaliation to Japan if there's a certain ally who helped them by refusing to enforce a treaty they signed.
Well you never know. Japan could start developing some. I mean look at South Korea and their achievements in cruise missile and ballistic missile tech. Along with conventional submarines with SLBM capability.

Well you never know. Japan could start developing some. I mean look at South Korea and their achievements in cruise missile and ballistic missile tech. Along with conventional submarines with SLBM capability.
you mean they haven't even gotten to where China was in 1970's?

South Korea failed 2/3 space launches and were only able to launch a ~100 kg demonstrator microsatellite. China launched a ~200 kg working satellite in 1971.

Hypothetically what would happened if Japan really sink into the sea like they shown in a movie.

Would Japanese re-emigrate back to China and become Chinese in Mainland China again?

:coffee: :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

you mean they haven't even gotten to where China was in 1970's?

South Korea failed 2/3 space launches and were only able to launch a ~100 kg demonstrator microsatellite. China launched a ~200 kg working satellite in 1971.
I'm sure South Korea will keep on improving just like the North Koreans did when they had failed launches. Now South Korea can launch ballistic missiles at longer ranges and also SLBMs.

And how would you get the population to have more babies? Stipends? Bonus? Benefits?

Well yeah, its up to the population. Of course baby making involves juices that are different than geopolitical motivated juices. So its no good for the gov to push hard on that kind of change. Japan traditional gets pointed out with bad fertility rate but its no longer the worse. The lowest point was a rate of 1.25 which was around year 2005 or so. It's reached 1.4 a few years ago but fell back down to 1.36 or so last year. Covid is a partial hit. Other places like Singapore, ROK, Taiwan, are lower. Thailand and some European countries like Poland and Serbia are at 1.5. I'm not out of hope in seeing a rebound in Japan.

Well yeah, its up to the population. Of course baby making involves juices that are different than geopolitical motivated juices. So its no good for the gov to push hard on that kind of change. Japan traditional gets pointed out with bad fertility rate but its no longer the worse. The lowest point was a rate of 1.25 which was around year 2005 or so. It's reached 1.4 a few years ago but fell back down to 1.36 or so last year. Covid is a partial hit. Other places like Singapore, ROK, Taiwan, are lower. Thailand and some European countries like Poland and Serbia are at 1.5. I'm not out of hope in seeing a rebound in Japan.
Well the best alternative as I have said is immigration. Maybe Japanese descent or mix or so on. Or get immigrants that are hard working and emboldened to be successful or have white collar careers.

Well the best alternative as I have said is immigration. Maybe Japanese descent or mix or so on. Or get immigrants that are hard working and emboldened to be successful or have white collar careers.

Japan actually was increasing foreign workers in Japan but covid hit and messed it all up.

Back
Top Bottom