What's new

Janes : UK to retire Tranche 1 Typhoons with more than half of airframe hours remaining

Americna arrogance? So when you can't factually argue that's the default everyone uses here? Allow me to "educate" you. You clearly DO NOT understand the system and how it works. When a competitor is coming out with a new product, they will usually use their contacts in the media to put these articles up. The -35, after the -22 is the most sophisticated fighter jet ever built and it's stealthy. Every customer paying the price knows it's expensive and so is the cost of gaining air dominance and superiority in all environments.

- B1 - Built in the 80's, costs over $ 2 billion each. Requires an exorbitant amount of money after each flight.
- -22 - Built in the 90's, costs over a billion dollars each and requires a lot more money than the -35's per hourly cost.

Let's stop whining or first understand the topic you are trying to be an "expert" on by reading a few articles. Knowledge is what someone can use in a debate, not call names and insults and post 3rd party links.

hold your horse and go to my first post on this article, I said f35 will be cut short of its planned numbers. The two programs u quoted are good examples of it. B2 planned numbers were 132 and it ended up at 21 and f22 at least 381, and they got 195. Now I am no expert but I do know what I am talking about. Going by history and current circumstances, it's no longer 80s and 90s where US economy and deficits were able to sustain 4+ percent of defence spending.

hold your horse and go to my first post on this article, I said f35 will be cut short of its planned numbers. The two programs u quoted are good examples of it. B2 planned numbers were 132 and it ended up at 21 and f22 at least 381, and they got 195. Now I am no expert but I do know what I am talking about. Going by history and current circumstances, it's no longer 80s and 90s where US economy and deficits were able to sustain 4+ percent of defence spending.

-35's numbers will increase. In fact, a 6th gen fighter will be added soon. All -15 C's and -16's up until block 52 will be retired. Only block 60+ will be kept in service. These retirement will be quick this time in the next ten year! The US economic deficiency sits in your head and not in real life. The defense budget is about to go high up pretty damn quick and should. I don't need your "historical" analysis and "I know what I'm talking about". Because contrary to you, I actually do know what I'm talking about. Watch the next US defense budget!

Back
Top Bottom