What's new

Jahangir Tareen's new party to be named ‘Istehkam-e-Pakistan’

IPP first conference. JT fails to mention about the harassment of his ex Pti followers, their houses, kidnapping, false cases.

Last edited:
The assertion that the establishment has emerged victorious, resulting in the dismantling of PTI and IK, and the expectation of a return to normalcy, represents a profound misinterpretation of the current situation. Throughout our history, whenever the military undermined democratic processes, such actions were met with widespread support from the general populace. But now a remarkable departure from this pattern has taken place, as the current generation demonstrates an unprecedented skepticism towards the conventional narratives propagated by the military. They struggle to comprehend how a profoundly inept and deeply corrupt PDM, forcibly installed by the Army, can serve the best interests of Pakistan.

And an essential distinction, often overlooked by the boomers sitting in the GHQ, lies in the advent of social media. Unlike previous instances, the manipulation of public opinion is no longer a straightforward endeavor. The Army has unwittingly declared war against its own people, esp. the younger generation and overseas Pakistanis, it's a war in which victory is unattainable.
Very rightly Said

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe, just maybe the PTI leadership cadre is tired of us. vs. the rest of the world narrative?

Is it possible that despite their counsel to IK to build bridges, they have been completely stone-walled and thus this sudden convergence (not with PML, not with PPP, but yet another party)?

Is it possible that people in PTI realize that not everyone across the aisle is NS, SS, Zardari and maybe some muk-mukka can be had for stability ?

Honestly, it's easy to declare all these people sellouts and shame them when none of us personally have been put in the vice that many of these folks were put in. What has anyone sitting in the UK/US/Gulf lost while egging folks on to a bloody revolution?

The situation on hand reminds me of the interview that happened around December timeframe with Shuja Nawaz with WSK where he had said that Army can handle this situation and he was attacked by the entire PTI base online saying "buddha sathiya giya hai" and that "he is not in touch with the ground reality" etc. By this I am not stating that PTI's street power was not formidable but it was also not ready to go all the way and the establishment has known this all along.

At this juncture, the extra-constitutional powers have ascendancy so IK/PTI need to regroup, plan for a come-back (this is Pakistan so never say never).

Our economy needs breathing space (not that I have any confidence in Dar), but what else can be done at this juncture.

Your economy is finished bud. You are blessed with one of the best finance ministers in the world.

Fat belly boomers. Failures. These uncles are the reason why Pakistan is a failed state.

As a nation we have to understand to differentiate between someone who is a career politician and someone who is a populist.

My view is populism and populists have always failed and wherever they might be in the world they have always stood to target their opponents and individuals in a way that affects them personally far from policy making which would otherwise benefit a country socially, economically and geopolitically.

Some people may hate the establishment for interfering in matters out of their constitutional jurisdiction. Granted. But a question arises. Did IK benefit or ruin Pakistan? As a citizen of the country, does it appeal to you to support someone maybe slightly financially cleaner, did few acts of charity but is a loose cannon or someone who is more corrupt but is competent to keep the country out of default, can build bridges between countries, bring investor confidence to create jobs and thrive businesses and does policy making which it was elected to do?

If I'm in the position of establishment I weigh what benefits the country the most. I may or may not accept the fact I made blunders creating political projects one after another but at the end of the day I have to move forward and seek stability. At the moment there is a huge political vacuum and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Your post exactly mirrors my own thoughts!
'Stability' is the key and that comes from smooth transfers of powers. Most countries who have failed or are failing, fail on peaceful transfers of power. Bangladesh was suffering because of the infights between the two ladies some years ago. But look at them now?? Even a stable North Korea, despite all the sanctions, can start to look more appealing for 'investments' if geopolitics would allow that. A lot can be said about that topic.

In case of Imran Khan: There was absolutely never any 'Haqeeqi Azadi' (real freedom) or Inqilaab (Revolution) on the offer. Who would bring those lofty ideals to fruition? You need a whole team. Even if Imran was the mightiest statesman in the world, look at who were around him? Do you see them around him? Do you not see them in this thread around Jehangir Tareen, which is a very sad sight, BTW. Yeah, the shameless 'Lotas' but who selected those 'Lotas' but their stupid leader??

Imran was where Erdogan was in 2003: Inheriting power from an old corrupt discredited elite. But, unlike Erdogan, who had to be careful with Turkey's Deep State from the very beginning, Imran had the blessing of Pakistan's Establishment in 2018. Imran had the wind in his sails from Day One. And yet he chose the path of confrontation. Of petty profiteering like selling a State-Gift wrist-watch. Or having a wife who seems to be in magic or witchcraft or at least superstitions. A wife who brought greedy people like Farah Gogi into Imran's inner circle.

IPP . ...

i0jy8oe32s4b1.jpg

The purpose of Jahangir Tareen's new party is to keep PDM in check

Istehkam e Pakistan is not an anti-PTI effort, it is an anti-PDM effort.

PDM can be a bigger problem for the army than PTI. Both PPP and PMLN have bad blood with the army and they must be plotting on how to kick out the establishment from politics.
That will be the sole objective of their governance in the next tenure; they will first try to pass resolutions/ordinances for legal immunity given to the PM for 5 yrs, eliminating the chances of judicial blackmailing. The next step would be to make the Parliamentary system and the 18th amendment harder to reverse.

The establishment doesn't want any of this to happen. In PPP's tenure, PMLN sat in establishment's lap and worked as their puppet. In PMLN's tenure, PTI, PMLQ and BAAP played that role. In PTI's tenure, PDM was created to do just that.

They need an alternative to lead the VoNC or take over after the Supreme Court cracks down on PDM.

How many of these people are wanted for corruption and orchestrating 9th May tragedy?

ECP should not let this party be registered. There are grave concerns about the involvement of these people in the 9th May tragedy.

@ECP

PMLN and PPP didn't fight too hard when they were overthrown because:
  1. They mostly continued to rule Punjab and Sindh, which allowed their income stream to continue. Zardari has had unbroken rule over Sindhudesh, including Karachi, for 15 years.
  2. They were mega corrupt, so they had to do deals with the generals to avoid jail.
  3. It gave them a chance to go abroad and enjoy the money they made.
  4. People always celebrated when PMLN and PPP were overthrown. No one would come out for them.
  5. They knew their turn will come again if they waited patiently.
  6. Development of Pakistan was the least of their concerns.
None of the above apply to PTI, so it's different this time.
Exactly my point.

So why are all these Jiyalas and patwaris crying?

Your leaders were phuddu. So that's why nobody gave af about them.

PMLN and PPP only wishes they had a "cult".

Neelo'? That's the name of my sister in Karachi!
In deference to you being a female in this macho man forum, I'd only say that you are wrong: The PPP and the Noon League resisted and they, along with their topmost leadership, paid a heavy price.
Let me know IF and WHEN Imran Khan spends a few days in a **real** jail?? I really hope he does before he is deported.

Resisted how? As soon as the military needed them again they returned from exile and worked side by side with GHQ. How is that resistance?

What planet are you living on? They were cowards. The vast majority of the population knew they were corrupt that's why nobody came out on the roads.

Imran Khan is fighting back against fake cases. Don't compare him to those Amritsari rats and that Jiyala wannabe.

L

He will get the same ministry, Good luck to him ....

4fef4af2d114dc503c6c71d64a3e08a4.jpg

The whiskey jurnails are fighting a war to keep control over Pakistan. They won’t allow any party to become powerful enough to curtail their power.

That’s why they will never allow PTI to win a 2/3 majority that would let them change the constitution and put the army in its place. They also won’t allow PMLN or PPP or any combination of the above to be in a position of too much power.

For now Pakistan is doomed to have engineered elections and lots of small parties with power rotating between them.

Next time is Zardari’s turn.

Your post exactly mirrors my own thoughts!
'Stability' is the key and that comes from smooth transfers of powers. Most countries who have failed or are failing, fail on peaceful transfers of power. Bangladesh was suffering because of the infights between the two ladies some years ago. But look at them now?? Even a stable North Korea, despite all the sanctions, can start to look more appealing for 'investments' if geopolitics would allow that. A lot can be said about that topic.

In case of Imran Khan: There was absolutely never any 'Haqeeqi Azadi' (real freedom) or Inqilaab (Revolution) on the offer. Who would bring those lofty ideals to fruition? You need a whole team. Even if Imran was the mightiest statesman in the world, look at who were around him? Do you see them around him? Do you not see them in this thread around Jehangir Tareen, which is a very sad sight, BTW. Yeah, the shameless 'Lotas' but who selected those 'Lotas' but their stupid leader??

Imran was where Erdogan was in 2003: Inheriting power from an old corrupt discredited elite. But, unlike Erdogan, who had to be careful with Turkey's Deep State from the very beginning, Imran had the blessing of Pakistan's Establishment in 2018. Imran had the wind in his sails from Day One. And yet he chose the path of confrontation. Of petty profiteering like selling a State-Gift wrist-watch. Or having a wife who seems to be in magic or witchcraft or at least superstitions. A wife who brought greedy people like Farah Gogi into Imran's inner circle.
Absolutely!

Back
Top Bottom