What's new

Jaglot in Pakistan is Nature in Element

Huh. You don't know about how the river between Hunza and nagar was so small that people would jump over it .
Or the landslide that created a lake even bigger than attabad and it even happened in the same place

Or the fact that passu glacier in the 70/80 was so close to the road that a person could touch it from the road

If you have time talk to you elders about their lives they have many interesting stories
Been busy with life, and the only stories we hear are horror stories from our elders:lol:.

Been busy with life, and the only stories we hear are horror stories from our elders:lol:.
Man I love the horror stories fro our elders all of us cousins would sleep with our grandma so that we could hear stories from her

Man I love the horror stories fro our elders all of us cousins would sleep with our grandma so that we could hear stories from her
I swear, we'd do that every night, good times. Churail ones always got me.:o:

Aerial view of a small village along KKH. Jaglot , Gilgit Balistan. From a height, the green village amongst barren hills looks like a river flowing.

It's a mid-sized town with Army Composite Ordinance and Pakistan State Oil depots. Jaglot is the Junction Point of the three great mountain ranges; Karakorum, Himalayas, and Hindu Kush...

@WAJsal @M Sarmad

Guys apart from intermittent PIA flights, whats the best way to get to Skardu from Islamabad.
There's a group of us so thinking of hiring a coaster.

@WAJsal @M Sarmad

Guys apart from intermittent PIA flights, whats the best way to get to Skardu from Islamabad.
Coaster is fine, you'd get the best experience on road trust me. Go on your own car maybe, if you aren't too many people.

@WAJsal @M Sarmad

Drive, duh. That's the best way to enjoy a trip, especially with friends. Take tents and other camping equipment and sleep outdoors, in the yard of a hotel. So that you would be in relative safety

It's a mid-sized town with Army Composite Ordinance and Pakistan State Oil depots. Jaglot is the Junction Point of the three great mountain ranges; Karakorum, Himalayas, and Hindu Kush...
There are actually two juglot one before gilgit and one after gilgit
Both of the. Are called juglot as In pervious time people would first rest there and then move towards gilgit

Coaster is fine, you'd get the best experience on road trust me. Go on your own car maybe, if you aren't too many people.
There will be a car or two as well, roughly how long is the journey by road.
Drive, duh. That's the best way to enjoy a trip, especially with friends. Take tents and other camping equipment and sleep outdoors, in the yard of a hotel. So that you would be in relative safety
That's my kind of trip, lets see how it turns out. In the past we always ended up in places like Kalam, Mahodand or Kaghan Naran but this time i am keen to check out GB territory.

@WAJsal @M Sarmad

isnt the drive tiring treacherous,tiring and long?

@WAJsal @M Sarmad

Road trip, but Id suggest going to Astore first and than to Skardu via Chillium chowki/Deosai.

If you have a 4x4 or a car with higher road clearance.

The road from jaglot KKH to skardu is also damn beautiful...

Its a trip of a lifetime.

That said those barren mountains reminded me of Quetta.. there was a time I used to travel to quetta through DIK - Zhob route.. roads & terrain are similar.

isnt the drive tiring treacherous,tiring and long?
Well with driving you can stop anywhere, take a break, discover the area along your route. Take a shower under every waterfall you see....unless you are in a hurry to get to the other side.

There are actually two juglot one before gilgit and one after gilgit
Both of the. Are called juglot as In pervious time people would first rest there and then move towards gilgit

Jaglot Guar near Chalt? ... Is that an inhabited village? or just a road maintenance camp?

@WAJsal @M Sarmad

Driving ...

Islamabad-Murree-Muzaffarabad-Balakot-Naran-Babusar-Chilas -Jaglot route is the most beautiful/scenic route ... The roads are in good condition.. Jaglot-Skardu road is under construction...

Jaglot Guar near Chalt? ... Is that an inhabited village? or just a road maintenance camp?

Driving ...

Islamabad-Murree-Muzaffarabad-Balakot-Naran-Babusar-Chilas -Jaglot route is the most beautiful/scenic route ... The roads are in good condition.. Jaglot-Skardu road is under construction...
When is the expected completion date?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom