What's new

J10 Clear BIG images =pesa radar

Maybe doing some sort of RCS measurement. The blue pyramidal things looks like EM anechoic tiles
Good eye! and if not RCS measurements, probably testing the radar.
Not RCS measurement but radar testing. In outdoor tests of an aircraft's radar effectiveness PRIOR to certification for deployment, absorber structures are usually placed BEHIND the radar's antenna to reduce contamination into the sidelobes from extemporaneous EM sources that are not under the user's control and to help the radar focus on frontal return signals during testing. As a matter of intelligence gathering to the observer specializing in EM intel, the amount and spread of these absorber structures hint at the radar's capabilities...:P

As a matter of intelligence gathering to the observer specializing in EM intel, the amount and spread of these absorber structures hint at the radar's capabilities...:P

Any insight to share on that? Although from what I can see the EM anechoic tiles weren't really setup (ones on the ground).

I'm guessing the sidelobes you're talking are generated as a result of the main lobe/emission/whatever technical jargon (not ECE major)

RadPattern_FigA2.gif

Don't get your hopes too high on him explaining.:azn:

Anechoic chamber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is an open field test, the concept should apply here I think.

That's not the hard bit of information to find.

This part is.

. In outdoor tests of an aircraft's radar effectiveness PRIOR to certification for deployment, absorber structures are usually placed BEHIND the radar's antenna to reduce contamination into the sidelobes from extemporaneous EM sources that are not under the user's control and to help the radar focus on frontal return signals during testing. As a matter of intelligence gathering to the observer specializing in EM intel, the amount and spread of these absorber structures hint at the radar's capabilities...:P

But oh well.

Back
Top Bottom