What's new

J&K students defy separatists, 95% turn out for class XII exams

Lol, seriously? Maybe they just want to get educated and probably lead a better life. And if Kashmiris do business and work in some offices and etc, etc does that also means they don't want freedom
An educated Kashmiri would not want to step in a sinking titanic. They would value India a lot more. :-)
Yes! we want to educate our people in Kashmir, want them to know how they have been manipulated. But thats just the recent history. Till 1980's Kashmir was a peaceful state, its when the Khalistan movement of Punjab was doused that the fire spread to Kashmir. Alas!

Do you really want to know what the youth of Kashmir feels about India?
I already know it. Not through internet but through real interactions.

Last edited:
An educated Kashmiri would want to step in a sinking titanic. They would value India a lot more. :-)
Education will help them in a better way to continue their struggle. The rest you can have your personal opinion.
Till 1980's Kashmir was a peaceful states, its when the Khalistan movement of Punjab was doused that the fire spread to Kashmir. Alas!
Militancy factor moved in which hurt our cause and led to the death of many poor kashmiris by the Indian forces.
want them to know how they have been manipulated.
Again personal opinion. Nothing is manipulating about the fact that most of them have had some of their family members killed or badly injured, possibly blind by the Indian forces. They will obviously hate Indians, what do you expect roses in return.
Same old argument of mine comes to mind: If a 8 or 9 year old is killed by armed forces, how can you not expect his father or brother to not hate and even fight armed forces with stones in some cases. You are expecting too much, any human would retaliate. Address the injustices and maybe things will get better.

Education will help them in a better way to continue their struggle. The rest you can have your personal opinion.
I dont see a logic there.
These students defied those who claim they are protesting against Indian government. In short, these students have come out in the support of government and for their own future.
The separatists have been given a tight slap on their faces by the younger generation.

I dont see a logic there.
These students defied those who claim they are protesting against Indian government. In short, these students have come out in the support of government and for their own future.
The separatists have been given a tight slap on their faces by the younger generation.
Again that your personal opinion and you are only jumping to conclusions. Would you say the same for those who are working.

it is the illegitimate occupation forces that banned students from going to class, it's the occupation forces that ban internet, ban cell phone networks and impose draconian laws and measures over peaceful people - no wonder anti indian sentiment is so high there and no wonder people like Burhan Wanis exist.

the enemy has no face to show at all

This news proves the stat below.
That things are improving in the valley.
And now its too late to stop the momentum.

Insurgency_Terror-related_Fatalities_of_Civilians_and_Security_Forces_in_Jammu_and_Kashmir_India_from_1988_to_2013.png

Again that your personal opinion and you are only jumping to conclusions. Would you say the same for those who are working.
Bhai you can discard all of it as my POV. But I would call your approach to Kashmir as confirmation bias.

Ciao

@WAJsal @Arsalan
I'm so soo happy.
This will silence all our critics. Our people want a peaceful Kashmir and their enthusiasm proves it. :-)
Well i am really really happy the youth their is showing interest in education and are keen to use that medium. However, please, do not think that this resolves the problem. Their demands are pretty clear cut and if we be unbiased for a moment, pretty well justified too. I hope the education would spare a few since they can move out and save themselves but that is not nearly enough. The main problem, the root cause is to be addressed to resolve the issue. That is if someone is actually interested in resolving it. If the gov. of India thinks that locking down the valley for months and killing and torturing people by the dozens will suppress their voices, well we have seen that "work" for decades now and unfotunately that will be what we will be seeing for decades to come as well. :(

An educated Kashmiri would want to step in a sinking titanic. They would value India a lot more.
:)
A titanic many "friends" have been saying as sinking for..... what.... 70 odd years now!!

Some titanic i would say. :)

Same old argument of mine comes to mind: If a 8 or 9 year old is killed by armed forces, how can you not expect his father or brother to not hate and even fight armed forces with stones in some cases. You are expecting too much, any human would retaliate. Address the injustices and maybe things will get better.
And what an argument!!!
i mean,,, seriouly,,, throwing stones compared to what we have seen happening in Kashmir for YEARS!!!

The issue wont be resolved ever with the attitude i see here. The worst part is that the attitude of people at helm of affairs is even more arrogant. Well, who can blame them. Killing a few of occupied population, blaming the unrest on some neighbours, pointing fingers at the wrong people and thinking that the problem have been reaolved by demonetizing paper bills is MUCH MUCH easier than actually doing something to resolve the issue.

Good job, we need Kashmiri youth to get educated. We need them to use a better weapon: pen. Spread their message. Continue the good work, kudos.

Lol, seriously? Maybe they just want to get educated and probably lead a better life. And if Kashmiris do business and work in some offices and etc, etc does that also means they don't want freedom? Education is a basic necessity of life, much like business. Maybe some people want to feed their children and run their houses. Loving the delusion spread by Indian media. Good work to jump to conclusions and making sensational claims. Do you really want to know what the youth of Kashmir feels about India?
If people are studying in colleges, working in offices, running businesses then they dont have time for useless nonsense of stone pelting or turning up for funerals of terrorists

The seperatists try to ensure that their own children and grandchildren get best education in Kashmir and other parts of India while trying to prevent other Kashmiris to have education by burning down schools and calling for boycott of examination. They just want to use uneducated youth as their cannon fodder

Bhai you can discard all of it as my POV. But I would call your approach to Kashmir as confirmation bias.

Ciao
Whatever you like to think. Anyways would you say the same for Gandhi or Jinnah? did they not have education when India was under British occupation? I wouldn't like to jump to a conclusions and think that they didn't want freedom. This is a stupid argument, sorry to say. Sensational claims, once again.

@Arsalan , good points. I would still say these Kashmiris will have a better weapon to present their case to the world. Education will enable them to counter this brutal oppression in a better manner. I feel for those forced to pick up arms-if only this factor is addressed.

Did British Indians defy independence activists when they studied in British schools, took British exams, and served in the British Indian government?

Pathetic logic showcased in the article, but something expected from Indians who need to constantly delude themselves to deflect from their rapist army blinding Kashmiri teens.

@Arsalan , good points. I would still say these Kashmiris will have a better weapon to present their case to the world. Education will enable them to counter this brutal oppression in a better manner. I feel for those forced to pick up arms-if only this factor is addressed.
No doubt about that. Education will help them have a better life and also convey their message across the world via a better medium. No one wants violence after all. However i do not, unfortunately, see that this alone will end the violence. The plight of Kashmiri people will remain the same unless some actual steps are taken to resolve the issue and address the root cause.

If people are studying in colleges, working in offices, running businesses then they dont have time for useless nonsense of stone pelting or turning up for funerals of terrorists

The seperatists try to ensure that their own children and grandchildren get best education in Kashmir and other parts of India while trying to prevent other Kashmiris to have education by burning down schools and calling for boycott of examination. They just want to use uneducated youth as their cannon fodder
When brothers are being taken, sisters raped, kids killed and parents humiliated, people will find time for the violence!!! As Wajsal mentioned, Jinnah and Gandhi with all their education still wanted freedom and wanted to end the British occupation!! Education is great, very helpful indeed however it is NOT a remedy of suppression/oppression and its reaction!

When brothers are being taken, sisters raped, kids killed and parents humiliated, people will find time for the violence!!! As Wajsal mentioned, Jinnah and Gandhi with all their education still wanted freedom and wanted to end the British occupation!! Education is great, very helpful indeed however it is NOT a remedy of suppression/oppression and its reaction!
Jinnah and Gandhi did not throw stones, They did not get help and funding from other states. They did not pick AK 47 and killed innocent Sarpanches. They did not burn down schools.

Please do a favour. Please do not desecrate the memories of 2 great leaders and fathers of respective nations by comparing them to stone pelting puny seperatists

Please tell me why wasnt pellet guns being used before July 8 2016? When the seperatists throw stones dont expect flowers in returns. And those who live by the gun (Burhan Wani) are expected to die by it

Anyways would you say the same for Gandhi or Jinnah? did they not have education when India was under British occupation?
Your point being?

ell i am really really happy the youth their is showing interest in education and are keen to use that medium
Yes.Education will help them in the following:
1. To understand that they are being manipulated.
2. Will realize motherland comes first and religion is secondary.
3. Education will give them a direction in life. They wont be picking up arms anymore.

he worst part is that the attitude of people at helm of affairs is even more arrogant.
This is a stupid argument, sorry to say. Sensational claims, once again.

Just as we talk, there are some miscreants trying to cause trouble. They dont want these students to give exams.
Any guesses as to why these miscreants are burning schools and injuring students?
I'm aghast. Our children need to be protected.

Last edited:
Just as we talk, there are some miscreant trying to cause trouble. They dont want these students to give exams.
Any guesses as to why these miscreants are burning schools and injuring students?
I'm aghast. Our children need to be protected.
Condemnable. But you are forgetting there have been some casualties of the students going to school. I wonder by who, Who is using force in Kashmir? Why don't Indians condemn this and look to address the killings of innocent children
Your point being?
Come on, you are not that naive. Point being, how can you jump to any conclusions. Jinnah and Gandhi had education under British occupation. Argument makes no sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom