J&K students defy separatists, 95% turn out for class XII exams

anant_s

Reaction score
Country
India
J&K students defy separatists, 95% turn out for class XII exams

1.jpg

Highlights
  • At least 95% of Class 12 students appeared for their state board exams in Kashmir.
  • The syllabus for the final examination was reduced by 50% because of the unrest.
  • Class 10 exams will begin on Tuesday

SRINAGAR: At least 95% of Class 12 students appeared for their state board exams on Monday, defying separatists' diktats against reopening of schools and colleges that have been forcibly shut for the past four months+ in the Valley.

The syllabus for the final examination was reduced by 50% because of the unrest and closure of schools since the encounter killing of Hizb terrorist Burhan Wani+ in July this year. Studies have been severely hit, with rioting mobs torching more than 30 schools+ during four months of protests.

Class 10 exams will begin on Tuesday and both board exams will be conducted concurrently until December 3 in more than 1,000 centres across the Valley.

Saiyeefa Syed, 17, a student of Kothi Bagh girls' higher secondary school, arrived at her examination centre, Maulana Azad women's college, near Regal Chowk, to take her chemistry test at 11am. "I came from Rainawari in downtown area on a scooter," she said, happily adding that almost all her classmates were present and that the question paper wasn't too difficult.

Her father, Syed Altaf Hussain, a shawl trader, said he was initially worried about the safety of his daughter because of the boycott call by the separatists. "But now I am satisfied with the security around the examination centre," Hussain said.

Like Hussain, hundreds of parents waited anxiously outside examination centres in Srinagar. "I am waiting for my daughter, Farzana Rashid," said her mother Shafakat Akhtar, who seemed more concerned about how her daughter would fare in the exam than about threats from separatists.

Zahoor Ahmad Chatt, chairman of the Jammu & Kashmir School Board of Education, said out of 32,044 students, 30,292 took their tests on Monday. "The exams were held without any disruption," Chatt said. The state government organised security at 484 exam centres across the Valley. Around 6,200 teachers were deputed as superintendents and invigilators. Restrictions prevailed around all examination centres to ensure smooth conduct of exams besides categorising centres as 'hypersensitive', 'sensitive' and 'normal' owing to vulnerability and local circumstances.

Twenty-five boys and girls took the Arabic language class 12 test at Government Girls' Higher Secondary School at Hyderpora, near the home of Hurriyat separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani.

"The exams took place peacefully," a supervisor said. However, board authorities shifted eight centres in south Kashmir because of stone pelting and other security issues.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-for-class-XII-exams/articleshow/55424974.cms

Wrong parameter to judge sentiments of liberation. Kashmiris need to get stronger and politically stable to win their independence. Every Kashmiri should study harder and spend more energies in becoming better.

as Iqbal said;
Har fard hay milat kay muqadar ka sitara.

Every Kashmiri should study harder and spend more energies in becoming better.
Amen to that!

Education is the only way forward for society.
These students taking up exams will ultimately take up graduate and higher studies and ultimately learn means to earn a living through jobs or entrepreneurship.
There lies chance for lasting peace.

Probably the reason there wasn't a single miss world or miss Universe Titleholders from Pakistan, India has many.:P
lol..pakistan is country of baggers ..their beauties are not allowed to study .they can not even read and write how will they take part in competition

I remember the time I was giving my boards! Scared to death!:cry:

Why did the other 5% didn't give their boards? Did they boycott it or are in jail or something?

Last edited:
That would be troubling for a lot of ppl who want to keep the pot boiling for their own devious ends.
Some elements have vested interests and wouldn't want any kind of peace.
I say as a son of a teacher, there is no greater sin one can commit, than depriving a young child of education. I really feel proud to see young boys and girls putting education above everything else. With administration taking care of security needs, students can now concentrate on studies and give exams in peace.
It is a known fact that separatists want young in valley to remain uneducated and jobless and then use them as cannon fodder for "protests"
Educated men and women will get productively engaged in near future rendering agenda of separatists meaningless.
A lot of mischievous elements have already lost their funding after De-monetization and if we can ensure youth getting proper education, the so called brain washed support will also vanish.

This is great news.

The smarter you are the better you will be able to judge the farce that is the separatist movement, more literate you are and you won't be influenced to join the "suicide squad" of foreign overlords.
This is why we don't see the sons and daughters of prolific separatists join the "family business", they'd rather do anything else.

All 95% hate Indian's and hindus

If i was in their position I would vote to in all elections to gain as much control over local issues

Still hate Indian's though, indians would still be foreign dark hindus, why would voting or exams change that?

Why don't you speak your mind already.

Kashmiris shouldn't learn or become literate or participate in the socio-economic development that is happening in Kashmir, coz if that happens the proxy wars end and everything cools down in the valley.

Last edited:
Good job, we need Kashmiri youth to get educated. We need them to use a better weapon: pen. Spread their message. Continue the good work, kudos.
@WAJsal @Arsalan
I'm so soo happy.
This will silence all our critics. Our people want a peaceful Kashmir and their enthusiasm proves it. :-)
Lol, seriously? Maybe they just want to get educated and probably lead a better life. And if Kashmiris do business and work in some offices and etc, etc does that also means they don't want freedom? Education is a basic necessity of life, much like business. Maybe some people want to feed their children and run their houses. Loving the delusion spread by Indian media. Good work to jump to conclusions and making sensational claims. Do you really want to know what the youth of Kashmir feels about India?

Good job, we need Kashmiri youth to get educated. We need them to use a better weapon: pen. Spread their message. Continue the good work, kudos.

Lol, seriously? Maybe they just want to get educated and probably lead a better life. And if Kashmiris do business and work in some offices and etc, etc does that also means they don't want freedom? Education is a basic necessity of life, much like business. Maybe some people want to feed their children and run their houses. Loving the delusion spread by Indian media. Good work to jump to conclusions and making sensational claims. Do you really want to know what the youth of Kashmir feels about India?

They don't want freedom, the quest for freedom died a long time ago. Its the reason why freedom has been replaced by Islam and Jihad. Go listen to their chants.

Hindus in Kashmir don't want freedom.
Buddhists in Kashmir don't want freedom.
Shia's in Kashmir don't want freedom
The only folks who want freedom is small amount of Sunni population in the valley, whose freedom is mainly based on hatred for Hindus...

Back
Top Bottom