What's new

J-11B/BS now all equip with WS-10 engines

Actually, the J-10B prototype wasn't tested with the WS-10B engine. I don't know about later prototypes, but the first one used an Al-31.

J-10B was tested several years before, it was supposed to be AL-31FN.

But i think the production aircraft of J-10B should be installed with WS-10B.

What is the signature identification that it is WS-10 and not Russian? from that distance its too hard to identify.. So how are you guys saying so?

What is the signature identification that it is WS-10 and not Russian? from that distance its too hard to identify.. So how are you guys saying so?

The length of the nozzle.

AL-31FN

0211_545445.jpg

WS-10A

FSW10_1.jpg

BTW, the rule of the CD forum is very strict, if the guy who posted the pics of AL-31 to fool people, then his ID would get banned and his threat would get deleted immediately.

It has been confirmed by many elite CD members, so it is 100% reliable that it is WS-10 engine variants.

While it is a significant step in engine manufacturing in China, I would still say that the testing is far from over. While we have been quick to congratulate, we need to understand a few facts. J11 is a twin engined aircraft. Having twin engines assures you a certain amount of safety in that it is extrememly unlikely for 2 engines to fail simultaneously. Therefore it seems to me at least, that we are still in the testing phase although there is enough confidence in the engine to progress from WS10+Al31 combination to 2X WS10s. The real maturity would signify a solitary WS10 being used in a J10 (and the order for FC20s!!!). This in my view is 2-5 yrs away ( to full testing and maturity!).
Engine technology in China has progressed leaps and bound in the last decade and progress of a spate of engines would lead to further confidence and further new ventures. Long may that last and well done China!!!
Araz

While it is a significant step in engine manufacturing in China, I would still say that the testing is far from over. While we have been quick to congratulate, we need to understand a few facts. J11 is a twin engined aircraft. Having twin engines assures you a certain amount of safety in that it is extrememly unlikely for 2 engines to fail simultaneously. Therefore it seems to me at least, that we are still in the testing phase although there is enough confidence in the engine to progress from WS10+Al31 combination to 2X WS10s. The real maturity would signify a solitary WS10 being used in a J10 (and the order for FC20s!!!). This in my view is 2-5 yrs away ( to full testing and maturity!).
Engine technology in China has progressed leaps and bound in the last decade and progress of a spate of engines would lead to further confidence and further new ventures. Long may that last and well done China!!!
Araz

This is very true, now they are testing the reliability of WS-10x on J-10 since the significant improvement in its maturity and lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom