What's new

J-10B with AESA / PESA Radar.

J-10B RADAR (IN THE PHOTO)?

• Total voters
No it doesn't, especially when you consider that the J-11B and J-15 are getting them as well.

J-11 and J-15 are both bigger platforms, wider range of missions, more types of weapons so maybe needs more powerful sensors.

J-10 is a dogfighter through and through. That probably means visual range.

Funny how Japan produced these plane-based AESAs 10 years ago. And you guys are still dreaming on it. :|

Funny how Japan produced these plane-based AESAs 10 years ago. And you guys are still dreaming on it. :|

If you are referring to the AESAS used on the F-2s I'd rather stick with Pulse-dopplers.

Funny how you think that the label of "AESA" automatically grants a radar superior performance over one that's not labeled "AESA".

Hint hint: the Irbis-E is not an AESA.

Well Japan has advanced semiconductor industry and has links in west stronger then any in Asia so Japan can do it with assistance easily but regarding its performance ??? ... but now Chinese semiconductor industry catching up fast and they are showing improvements as things appears to be. If its PESA no problemo their will be AESA arroung their somewhere in their pockets and they will show it when time comes :)

a question arise which is a little off-topic but regarding the same tech ... AESA which are in use are consist of GaAs where as GaNs are around the corner now which are far superior in performance against GaAs ... So what do we expect from Chinese tech ... for which tech they may go for ... JUST WONDERING ...

Funny how that radar was so problematic it had difficulty locating airborne targets beyond 37km.

LOL. I heard they were bad but I didn't think it was that severe.

Just because a country is advanced in the civilian factor does not necessarily mean that it is advanced in military matters. People often uses this example against China but never ever considered using it against Japan.

Just because a country is advanced in the civilian factor does not necessarily mean that it is advanced in military matters. People often uses this example against China but never ever considered using it against Japan.

China's civilian and economy is why I think that China's going to leave Russia in the dust in terms of mil tech. There was a US report on how China has leveraged its civilian chip making industry to advance things like radar and avionics.

Back
Top Bottom