What's new

J-10: Chinas new fighter!

J-10B Jet Modified

The J-10B is a modified variant of the J-10 multirole fighter aircraft, with modifications in airframe and avionics. Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of AVIC began to develop a follow-on variant of its J-10 fighter around 2004/05. A J-10B prototype reportedly made its maiden flight in December 2008. Photos of the aircraft began on emerge on the Chinese Internet in March 2009. Once commissioned, the J-10B is likely going to become the standard for later J-10 productions.
Rampless Inlet
The J-10B features a chin-mounted diffuser supersonic inlet (DSI) air inlet. The traditional rectangle-shape air inlet on the J-10 requires a large moveable inlet ramp to generate a rearward leaning oblique shock wave to aid the inlet compression process. The ramp sits at an acute angle to deflect the intake air stream from the longitudinal direction. The air inlet comprises many moving parts, which increases the aircraft’s weight and radar reflections.
The newly designed ramp less inlet, first tested on the FC-1/JF-17 fighter design by Chengdu, employs a one-piece bump at the top of the inlet replacing the movable ramp. This eliminates all moving parts on the inlet, lightening the overall weight and reducing the aircraft’s radar signature.
Electro-Optic Targeting System
The J-10B has been added with an electronic-optic targeting system (EOTS) commonly found on all fourth-generation Russian fighter aircraft such as Su-27 and MiG-29. Placed forward of the cockpit canopy to the right, the system comprises an infrared search and track (IRST) sensor and a laser rangefinder, which can detect enemy targets passively without requiring to turn on the fire-control radar, thus reducing the chance of the aircraft being detected. The EOTS of the J-10B is likely based on a Russian design.
Electro-Optic Targeting System
The J-10B has been added with an electronic-optic targeting system (EOTS) commonly found on all fourth-generation Russian fighter aircraft such as Su-27 and MiG-29. Placed forward of the cockpit canopy to the right, the system comprises an infrared search and track (IRST) sensor and a laser rangefinder, which can detect enemy targets passively without requiring to turn on the fire-control radar, thus reducing the chance of the aircraft being detected. The EOTS of the J-10B is likely based on a Russian design.

From sinodefence.com

My dear brother from india, this is because we do not want to be like india, we insist to increase our own design and manufacturing ability:cheers:

hey beond how are you .:)
how does buying some new jets ( small in numbers ) increase your own design and manufacturing abilities .
are you producing them in china ?

how does buying some new jets ( small in numbers ) increase your own design and manufacturing abilities .

when you have reached a certain state of technical development you can buy in small numbers and see how it is manufactured and use these ideas in uyour subsequent developments. This is a commonly used strategy.
Araz

Max. There is a thread ongoing about J10B and there has been quite a bit of discussion about it. MODS. can we close this particular thread and shift Max,s post to the J10 posts.
Regards
Araz

when you have reached a certain state of technical development you can buy in small numbers and see how it is manufactured and use these ideas in uyour subsequent developments. This is a commonly used strategy.
Araz

kind of copying !

and its not a commonly used strategy

kind of copying !

and its not a commonly used strategy

The other option is do it yourself and fall on your face. Reminds you of someone?. There is very little that goes on in this world which is original. Everyone indulges in industrial espionage. Do you know why?
Regards
Araz

The other option is do it yourself and fall on your face. Reminds you of someone?. There is very little that goes on in this world which is original. Everyone indulges in industrial espionage. Do you know why?
Regards
Araz

reminds me of something - yes . a story

their were two brothers equally bright , but while writing exam one did it entirely on its own and the other one did some parts and copied some other from his brother , as a result he got more marks and stood first in class . but later in life he realized that his copying had prevented him from learning new things . so he stagnated while his brother did good afterwards .

now does it remind you of something - imitation provides only short term benefits .

im not saying it towards china , its against your above comment .

this attitude of you will take you nowhere .

yes its true that mot of the things are influenced but very little are copied .

their were two brothers equally bright , but while writing exam one did it entirely on its own and the other one did some parts and copied some other from his brother , as a result he got more marks and stood first in class . but later in life he realized that his copying had prevented him from learning new things . so he stagnated while his brother did good afterwards .

now does it remind you of something - imitation provides only short term benefits .

yeah, right.Which is why China is able to build far more projects then India and not only just build but also export it and Mr Araz is not trolling.He is probably thrice your age old and has far more experience then you.While we are at it, how about India stops using English Language and just use Hindi everywhere..

Last edited:

my brother from india, think why u learn english? how does human being make progress? yes, just conclude, and get some inspirations, design and make something by your own hands, even the thing is same even rougher than the original one.
If we do not do that, what will happen? yes, always need to buy from others.
USA and Uk were and are best examples. UK was much advanced than USA in the past, USA's every thing, particularly national systems resemble UK's, but now every one in this world know the result.:cheers:

You are neither capable of understanding what I wrote or comprehending it. Your childish story does your intellect no favour.
Please learn to argue with comprehension of the other party's view point.
Now, let me break it down for you.Now if you have read any of my posts you will realize that I have nothing against India, and people who are Indians will verify this. .
In the first stage of your development industrially, you learn to assemble under licence. In the next stage you procduce some of the parts locally and then still under licence produce the product. Your labour saves you money and makes the product competitive. Both India nad China have crossed this stage. It is the next stage that i am talking about.
There are 2 ways of acquiring technology at the next stage. One process is reverse engineering One, and the other is to try and do it your own way. The former has a better outcome though it is looked down upon, and called various names. However I would emphasize that all industrial nations do it in the name of sharing of knowledge . Its other name is also industrial espionage when done clandestinely. If you dont believe me read up on how the mighty US and even USSR made the A Bombs. You do need a good industrial base and know how in various fields. It issoes not always succeed and there may be road blocks due to defects in core knowledge. You therefore have to buy products in small alounts to see how you can overcome your difficulties. It si still learning on the job and takes technology further.
The other way is to try and do it your self. It still needs infra structure, but you waste a lot of resources reinventing the wheel. It also takes longer and the failures become more and more obvious, as you have to seek help from external sources eventually. The product is eventually developed but so out of date that it loses its utility. However, if you have the resources, you can setup allied industrial base along with your development.So if you start progressing you eventually catch up as you are doing 2 things side by side.
It is a conceptual difference in philiosophy, there is nothing wrong with either. They are both prone to problems. However, in this particular scenario it seems that the former route works better than the latter.Whether it is the difference in the level of industrialization between India or China or a difference in intellectual calibre(unlikely) is difficult to determine. All that I know is that all the countries are going towards a joint approach to save up on development costs.Indian ventures have been prone to failurein some cases. Chinese also have not always been successful , but we dont always know about it.
this was the gist of my argument. If you understand any better, you would review your posts and hopefully learn from it. Otherwise more power to you
Regards
Araz

You are neither capable of understanding what I wrote or comprehending it. Your childish story does your intellect no favour.
Please learn to argue with comprehension of the other party's view point.
Now, let me break it down for you.Now if you have read any of my posts you will realize that I have nothing against India, and people who are Indians will verify this. .
In the first stage of your development industrially, you learn to assemble under licence. In the next stage you procduce some of the parts locally and then still under licence produce the product. Your labour saves you money and makes the product competitive. Both India nad China have crossed this stage. It is the next stage that i am talking about.
There are 2 ways of acquiring technology at the next stage. One process is reverse engineering One, and the other is to try and do it your own way. The former has a better outcome though it is looked down upon, and called various names. However I would emphasize that all industrial nations do it in the name of sharing of knowledge . Its other name is also industrial espionage when done clandestinely. If you dont believe me read up on how the mighty US and even USSR made the A Bombs. You do need a good industrial base and know how in various fields. It issoes not always succeed and there may be road blocks due to defects in core knowledge. You therefore have to buy products in small alounts to see how you can overcome your difficulties. It si still learning on the job and takes technology further.
The other way is to try and do it your self. It still needs infra structure, but you waste a lot of resources reinventing the wheel. It also takes longer and the failures become more and more obvious, as you have to seek help from external sources eventually. The product is eventually developed but so out of date that it loses its utility. However, if you have the resources, you can setup allied industrial base along with your development.So if you start progressing you eventually catch up as you are doing 2 things side by side.
It is a conceptual difference in philiosophy, there is nothing wrong with either. They are both prone to problems. However, in this particular scenario it seems that the former route works better than the latter.Whether it is the difference in the level of industrialization between India or China or a difference in intellectual calibre(unlikely) is difficult to determine. All that I know is that all the countries are going towards a joint approach to save up on development costs.Indian ventures have been prone to failurein some cases. Chinese also have not always been successful , but we dont always know about it.
this was the gist of my argument. If you understand any better, you would review your posts and hopefully learn from it. Otherwise more power to you
Regards
Araz

i respect you and i said nothing that enraged you so much .
just answer my question that i asked earlier

is china buying them or making them , if china is making them then i stand by your camments but if china is buying them then i dont think that its going to help the aviation industry of china much .

i respect you and i said nothing that enraged you so much .
just answer my question that i asked earlier

is china buying them or making them , if china is making them then i stand by your camments but if china is buying them then i dont think that its going to help the aviation industry of china much .

But you are just some deluded anti-China troll who does not care to even type "J-10" into google, why should any sensible person here waste their own time to tell you who developed it?

China is not Pakistan's friend. China is helping Pakistan because it wants to weaken India who it views as a strategic rival.

China has disputes with almost every one of its neighbours - and China views ethnic Chinese living abroad as being Chinese citizens. Even in the US where there is a high degree of intermarriage it is not uncommon for US born Chinese to view China as their homeland.

Han Chinese view anyone who is not Han as being inferior - even other Chinese racial groups in China are heavily descriminated against. Pakistanis are far more likely to be treated fairly by India than by China.

52014a68210f0d28c5f98ec1e4ccb59f.jpg

The J-10 was designed by Israel using funds supplied by the US. General Dynamics complained because the "lavi" was a competitor to the F-16 and the US cut off the funds that Israel needed to put it in to production. Israel later sold the design to China to recoup some of their investment. The US didn't complain because the design was 20 years out of date.

Han Chinese view anyone who is not Han as being inferior - even other Chinese racial groups in China are heavily descriminated against. Pakistanis are far more likely to be treated fairly by India than by China.

I am not a Han Chinese ,my mother is a Miao Chinese, my father is a Tujia Chinese, but I didn't find any difference between me and any Han Chinese. Have you ever been China?
Pakistan is definitely a brother of china,and every chinese knows about that.do not fart here ,pls.:pakistan::china:

Back
Top Bottom