What's new

J-10: Chinas new fighter!

J-10 has been in service with PLAAF for almost a decade with atleast 100 built sofar, yet PAF is getting its first FC-20 in 2009 (see Air International Magazine, Sept. edition, page 54) and thats for the obvious reason mentioned by webby in previous post.
FC-20 will be a true gen 4.5 MRCA possible with a mix of french, german, italian and russian technology.

The thing is that the ones that china used in the 1990's were the ones they were trying to perfect so that they would perform according to their standards and now they have something that they are satisfied with. And I think that Pakistan might also have the j-10 incorporate technology that they want which may include some western technology's but I could be wrong.:coffee:

China working on 'Super-10' advanced fighter

By Henry Ivanov JDW Correspondent
Moscow

China is developing an advanced version of the Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Corporation (CAC) J-10 multirole fighter aircraft, referred to as the Super-10, with a more powerful engine, thrust-vector control, stronger airframe and passive phased-array radar, according to Russian sources.

What does this "stronger airframe" mean? Increase in payload ability or to replace it with a new engine?

Also I am wonder if the next version is suppose to be a Passive Phased Array,what radar does it currently have? Their Sukhois are suppose to have phased array.
Wonder why they haven't installed a powerful radar on their front-line aircraft?

What does this "stronger airframe" mean? Increase in payload ability or to replace it with a new engine?

Also I am wonder if the next version is suppose to be a Passive Phased Array,what radar does it currently have? Their Sukhois are suppose to have phased array.
Wonder why they haven't installed a powerful radar on their front-line aircraft?

The engine is the same but with TVC and radar will be a passive phased Array.

Having a passive phased Array radar will defiantly help the J-10 become more lethal then ever before

Possible however I do not think that PAF would go with a J-10 without an AESA solution. PAF is already looking for AESA candidate radars for JF-17..not sure if PAF would be happy with a PESA solution on the J-10.

I have read about the two radars a number of times, but still i am unable to identify which one is better? Why an AESA and not a PESA?

I have read about the two radars a number of times, but still i am unable to identify which one is better? Why an AESA and not a PESA?

AESA radars have certain abilities that a PESA radar doesn't. However it is best to use the thing that works best in the situation. It is not the be all and end all.

What i heard is AESA radars not only increase the range of the pilot in picking up an aerial threat, but also it decreases its signature on the opponents radar significantly.

We have our upgrated Su-30 fighter named J-11B from Shengyang, even better than J-10.LOL~

We have our upgrated Su-30 fighter named J-11B from Shengyang, even better than J-10.LOL~

J-11s are Chinese license produced Su-27s, not Su-30s. But there's no doubt about their lethality.

BTW are chinese J-11s up to the Russian Su-27 SMK standards?

This is an interesting article.

This is a quote from the article:

"Fisher, of the International Strategy and Assessment Center, says that of the fighters in service around the world, only the American F-22 Raptor, jointly produced by Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Pratt & Whitney for the U.S. Air Force, would clearly outmatch the J-10."

It is interesting to see how an American has rated the J-10 so highly.

China builds a superpower fighter - International Herald Tribune

"Fisher, of the International Strategy and Assessment Center, says that of the fighters in service around the world, only the American F-22 Raptor, jointly produced by Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Pratt & Whitney for the U.S. Air Force, would clearly outmatch the J-10."

It is interesting to see how an American has rated the J-10 so highly.

China builds a superpower fighter - International Herald Tribune

Americans are known for their BS statements given to their taxpayers, so that they could protay this newly developed threat in the name of J-10 and hence get more money. I wonder what will they say when super-10 comes out?:disagree:

Americans are known for their BS statements given to their taxpayers, so that they could protay this newly developed threat in the name of J-10 and hence get more money. I wonder what will they say when super-10 comes out?:disagree:

Interesting, I would thought the International Strategy and Assessment Center is an neutral and independent assessment organization.

Back
Top Bottom