What's new

Its Official: JXX is going to test fly in the next few days

gambit, if you're still here, I'd like to apologize for the behavior of certain others; I'm peripherally connected to them and I'm quite embarrassed.

Aside from that, thank you for the interesting comments. I was not previously aware that canards could actually be a positive factor, provided that they are designed correctly, in radar stealth. I was also previously not aware of diffraction control on the B-2 Spirit Bomber; the serration on current generation US combat aircraft seems interesting enough for PS-ers to copy, but I had no idea as to what their actual function was.

Incidentally, this is my favorite XXJ photoshop.

omploader.organization/vNHJoeQ/1004132356bc504d8407c6e7f0.jpg

What do you think about the viability of this design? For example, compared to the F-22 the LERXes are more rounded, whereas the F-22 has a clean angular LERX. The back ailerons seem derivative of the B-2, but compared to the B-2 the back engines jut out far more.

Regarding the LERX, if you are correct, then the "rounded" looking LERX will significantly increase RCS due to an excess of facets.

I also have a theory going on right now; the XXJ was seriously being designed as a tail-less delta canard fighter, akin to the X-36 experimental fighter. Unfortunately, without mastery of TVC technology, control would be impossible without a tail-fin so despite the Shenyang triplane design being rejected (canards, pelikan tail, delta wing), tails may be necessary on the device. At a later stage, the tails may be removed as a modification once TVC engines and the coupled FBW systems are brought to maturity.

What do you think about that theory? Would it be impossible to design the XXJ as a tail-less delta canard, meet design failures, then staple on a removable pelikan tail for later removal? I understand the design features of a modern jet fighter emphasizing both aerodynamics and stealth are quite complex, and the basic aerodynamic shape must be selected at inception.

It would also explain some of the rumors going around, for example, the rumors of the tail-less design failure, and the postponement of the pre-May flight.

added: I should also mention the rumors of actually having lower RCS than the F-22. Ditching the tail-fin would easily explain how the J-XX, from a country with minimum stealth experience, could outdo the United States. Of course, unfortunately, this solution has apparently failed.

Last edited:
I heard the stealth plane flew right over india and landed in pakistan the chinese pilot took a delivery of tandoori chicken and flew back to bejing right over india

Now that is true stealth :china::pakistan:

Yessss , it flew and almost every week it flew but in your dreams. Pls donot tell me you only given the Tandoori chicken delivery to chinese pilot.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I heard the stealth plane flew right over india and landed in pakistan the chinese pilot took a delivery of tandoori chicken and flew back to bejing right over india

hope that tanduri chicken was not too spicy for him:chilli::chilli:

People, you have to understand.

The J-XX is not ONE plane. It's mainly comprised of two different fighters, the J-13 and J-14.

J-13 will be a multirole fighter, taking on bombing missions and defense.

J-14 will be an air superiority fighter for shooting down aircraft

J-13 has a tri-plane design, will enter service 2010-2011
J-14 has a canard-delta design, looks like bigger version of J-10, twin vertical stabilizers, will enter service 2012-2015

People, you have to understand.

The J-XX is not ONE plane. It's mainly comprised of two different fighters, the J-13 and J-14.

J-13 will be a multirole fighter, taking on bombing missions and defense.

J-14 will be an air superiority fighter for shooting down aircraft

J-13 has a tri-plane design, will enter service 2010-2011
J-14 has a canard-delta design, looks like bigger version of J-10, twin vertical stabilizers, will enter service 2012-2015

How do u know?links sources?

How do u know?links sources?

Forget it, it is all his wishful thinking.

There is no indication that there will be any test flight of the aircraft he had mentioned in the foreseeable future. It will take years if not decade from the first test flight until it actually enter the service in the air force.

I think the first test flight of any next generation aircraft will be somewhere around 2015, that is more reasonable assumption.

Last edited:

Hahaha, good joke mate. Let me add mine contribution to it. On its flight back to Pakistan the next morning, IAF spotted it and contacted the pilot. He said he's going to pakistan for sh!tt!ng after eating tandoori chicken the previous night (pay back in kind!!).

I know one country's defence is more than just a plane, but I'm so eager to see China producing an indigenous jet that only 2 other superpower countries are capable of, that'll rid us of those "copy cat" labels for good.

I know one country's defence is more than just a plane, but I'm so eager to see China producing an indigenous jet that only 2 other superpower countries are capable of, that'll rid us of those "copy cat" labels for good.

Well the "copy cat" label is more of a psychological thing. I think that when the J-XX comes out regardless of how original it is some people will still accuse it of a rip off of anything from the F-22 to the TIE Fighter. Once they are accustomed to the fact that China has indeed built an original plane they'll probably bury their heads deeper into the sand and call it "cheap Chinese trash".

yes infact we also agree that,that plane is only good for tandoori transfer job,take my advise u should also purchase some,so that ur pilots can go over India and have some plates of chowmeen :china::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom