What's new

It's GE F-414 for LCA Mk-II; EJ-200 loses the race in photo finish

May be mod is giving some relief you US by selecting GE engin for lca and will select gripen for mrca, which also uses the same engine. recent agreement on used mine sweeper also may be a part of compensation measure.
SO GET READY FOR GRIPEN.

wat is the need of india in mrca ...a twin engine ac or single engine.

May be mod is giving some relief you US by selecting GE engin for lca and will select gripen for mrca, which also uses the same engine. recent agreement on used mine sweeper and four more p8i also may be a part of compensation measure.
SO GET READY FOR GRIPEN.

May be mod is giving some relief you US by selecting GE engin for lca and will select gripen for mrca, which also uses the same engine. recent agreement on used mine sweeper also may be a part of compensation measure.
SO GET READY FOR GRIPEN.

hmmm very good keep it up.. If Europeans are not able to please GoI how will sweden will please GoI... do you think US will keep quite??.. secondly bofors is still a burning issue here buddy

Real sad news EJ-200 lost the LCA Mark-II race.

Eurojet bid was $666 million for 99 EJ200 engines
General Electric quoted $822 million 99 GE F-414

Its engines, which form about 15-20 per cent of the cost of a modern fighter. General Electric agreed to built engines in India, with the vendor transferring technology for their manufacture. Selection of the GE F-414 engine would provide advantages to the vendors of the F/A-18 and the Gripen NG fighters.

Order for 99 engines for the LCA Mark-II is just a foot in the door to the Indian market, as you all know india is famous for ordering less in start real order comes once 1st order completes and Indian establishments are happy with it.

If each fighter goes through two to three engines during its operational lifetime, the four to five planned squadrons (84-105 fighters) of the LCA Mark-II would actually need 200-300 new engines.

BUT i think this is irrelevant to the decision of MMRCA!

India already has production line for Klimov RD 33 series 3/MK engines for MiG 29/K in Koraput. (MIG 35 uses the same engines).

India has been using MiG 29s since 1985 and bought an additional 40+ for the Navy, so they already have experience and know how. India is further upgrading MiG 29s to MiG 29 SMT, which share significant components with MiG 35, as does MiG 29K of the IN!

India is further upgrading MiG 29s to MiG 29 SMT, which share significant components with MiG 35, as does MiG 29K of the IN!

Gripen has no chance as it doesn't give India any kind of Strategic benefits plus incase of sanctions by USA for over worried members here then Gripen is useless to..

Disadvantage for eurofighter remain the same its way too expensive. and if u are worried about US sanction which i see whenever India plans to buy anything from US.

1st you should know there is big difference in India and Pakistan.

2nd if US puts sanction, do you think UK and Spain will not do the same when Mr. Obama calls them.

If this is the case, better to go for old allies Russia and France.

The way cost of F/a-18 is reducing each passing day. I will not consider it a bad deal if They offer a couple of dozens of E/A-18G with SH along with AIM-120D...

Anyways if GE-414EPE is on offer then it also suggests that our own efforts in Single-blade tech are successful.

sir how much TOT is the U.S govt allowing to Indian firms....?
Is there any report of an agreement of continued supply of spares and other parts in the event of a future conflict....Tejas as I understand is expected to be the mainstay of our AF....fulfilling an interceptor and attack role similar to Mig 21's......after they 've been phased out by 2018.....

SO GET READY FOR GRIPEN.

quite possible , in terms of TOT and offset , Gripen offering more then F-18.

sir how much TOT is the U.S govt allowing to Indian firms....?
Is there any report of an agreement of continued supply of spares and other parts in the event of a future conflict....Tejas as I understand is expected to be the mainstay of our AF....fulfilling an interceptor and attack role similar to Mig 21's......after they 've been phased out by 2018.....

US has offered us TOT on how to make bolts and nails.. our babus have decided to take that on there head..

i dont know what i am feeling it is a mix of laugh and anger... these babus

wat is the need of calling many contenders if u have made mind for the u.s hardware?.

If we are to select US jet for mrca then get ready for new age slavery.

please call us new age zombies or
doll2.jpg

Someone post a F18 picture in IAF colors now. :p

Back
Top Bottom