What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

What Mehwish does is prohibited in Islam and it's duty of every Muslim to stop it and main duty is of state. If state will do its job people will remain peaceful. Failure of state creates vacuum which gives rise to militant groups and groups like Khadim Rizvi.
What specific law should Mehwish be punished under by the State?

If you want specific laws, vote for political parties that will pass such laws. Inaction by the State on something like clothing choices or speech or dancing or art is not an excuse or justification for terrorism, militancy or vigilantism.

What specific law should Mehwish be punished under by the State?

If you want specific laws, vote for political parties that will pass such laws. Inaction by the State on something like clothing choices or speech or dancing or art is not an excuse or justification for terrorism, militancy or vigilantism.
Sir Islam doesn't work that way. For Muslim Islam always will remain on top. Islam orders are clear state has to implement Islamic laws their failure and Quran says return to ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW which means follow Quran and Sunnah. And in Quran and Sunnah there is no tolerance for the kind of crap Mehwish and others in showbiz are doing, not one bit. So hopefully state wakes up and does its job. And its first two provisions are enough to stop people like Mehwish I mean the one which says no law can be made which is in contradiction with Quran and Sunnah also in our constitution says vices like vulgarity and others state responsibility to stop them.

What Mehwish does is prohibited in Islam and it's duty of every Muslim to stop it and main duty is of state. If state will do its job people will remain peaceful. Failure of state creates vacuum which gives rise to militant groups and groups like Khadim Rizvi.

If the libtard government had just acquitted Mumtaz Qadri, Khadim Rizvi wouldn't have needed to blockade Islamabad for 3 days right?

Post edited by moderator personal attack removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Another terrorist sympathizer. If the libtard government had just acquitted Mumtaz Qadri, Khadim Rizvi wouldn't have needed to blockade Islamabad for 3 days right?

Why are you so intolerant?

Another terrorist sympathizer. If the libtard government had just acquitted Mumtaz Qadri, Khadim Rizvi wouldn't have needed to blockade Islamabad for 3 days right?
I am proud Muslim and those who have issue with it can keep burning in rage I give a dam and Muslims give a dam this is Islamic republic of Pakistan those who have issue with orders of Islam are free to live in west. In Pakistan every crap not allowed in Islam will eventually be stopped.

Sir Islam doesn't work that way. For Muslim Islam always will remain on top. Islam orders are clear state has to implement Islamic laws their failure and Quran says return to ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW which means follow Quran and Sunnah. And in Quran and Sunnah there is no tolerance for the kind of crap Mehwish and others in showbiz are doing, not one bit. So hopefully state wakes up and does its job. And its first two provisions are enough to stop people like Mehwish I mean the one which says no law can be made which is in contradiction with Quran and Sunnah also in our constitution says vices like vulgarity and others state responsibility to stop them.
A civilized functioning State doesn't work that way.

A State is not going to go around implementing this that or the other interpretation of some guy here or there. The State has a constitution, laws and institutions that interpret the constitution and laws and other institutions that implement & enforce said laws and constitution.

Your interpretation of Islam is not MY interpretation of Islam nor is it the interpretation of Islam of many other millions of Pakistanis. Why should the State just implement what YOU say Islam is? The proper process is to advocate for your point of view and vote in politicians that support your point of view and have them pass laws in support of your point of view and then have the State implement and enforce those laws.

So until the State passes laws forcing some kind of 'dress code' on women because men are too tharki to control themselves, Mehvish has done nothing wrong per the laws of the State.

A civilized functioning State doesn't work that way.

A State is not going to go around implementing this that or the other interpretation of some guy here or there. The State has a constitution, laws and institutions that interpret the constitution and laws and other institutions that implement said laws and constitution on behalf of the State.

Your interpretation of Islam is not MY interpretation of Islam nor is it the interpretation of Islam of many other millions of Pakistanis. Why should the State just implement what YOU say Islam is? The proper process is to vote in politicians that support your point of view and have them pass laws in support of your point of view and then have the State implement and enforce those laws.

So until the State passes laws forcing some kind of 'dress code' on women because men are too tharki to control themselves, Mehvish has done nothing wrong per the laws of the State.
This state was founded on Islam. Its first rule says Quran and Sunnah dominates and Quran and Sunnah has ordered state to stop all vices including vulgarity so better state does its job. It's also mentioned in other parts of constitution. We follow Islam not western meaning of state. Islam rules plain and simple, this is Islamic Republic of Pakistan not secular republic of Pakistan. What I am saying is agreed upon in every sect. There is no difference here and if state can't implement Islam than it has no right to cry when people do it. So better state does its job. And state has institution such as Islamic Ideological Council. It has members of all 4 major sects.

Why are you so intolerant?
We get riled up when people basically advocate in favor of the rape & murder of women because they don't like they way they dress or when people advocate in favor of terrorism and violence against others because they don't like how the dress or what they say.

Intolerance is advocating for violence as a response to a non-violent point of view. We're merely condemning those supporting violence and the threat of violence against non-violent individuals.

Dress code should be enforce for both Men and Women according to Quran and Sunnah.
My interpretation of what the Quran says is different from yours. So I'll peacefully advocate and lobby in favor of my views while you can do the same with yours, and whomever convinces the most will get their favored politicians elected to government who can then try to pass laws.

The key here is that we are both allowed to peacefully advocate and lobby our respective positions.

This state was founded on Islam. Its first rule says Quran and Sunnah dominates and Quran and Sunnah has ordered state to stop all vices including vulgarity so better state does its job. It's also mentioned in other parts of constitution. We follow Islam not western meaning of state. Islam rules plain and simple, this is Islamic Republic of Pakistan not secular republic of Pakistan. What I am saying is agreed upon in every sect. There is no difference here and if state can't implement Islam than it has no right to cry when people do it. So better state does its job. And state has institution such as Islamic Ideological Council. It has members of all 4 major sects.
That's your view, not mine.

I'll advocate for my view, you advocate for yours and we'll see whose view gets implemented via laws passed by the National Assembly.

Once laws are passed (or not passed), we should respect them, but that does not mean that we need to stop advocating for change in the future. Who knows, different politicians might get elected and the public perception might change and new laws might be passed.

We also get riled up when people starts to bring immorality on our country for which are forefathers fought
Threatening people with violence is in no way comparable to people asking for women to be allowed to dress the way they want.

Please don't lose perspective - there is no comparison here.

You are free to advocate against or criticize what you consider 'immoral', but do so peacefully and without resorting to violence or threats of violence.

Neither the State of Pakistan nor this forum condone violence or the threats of violence against people just because you think they are advocating for 'immorality'.

Beyond that, you are free to peacefully make your arguments and case and convince others.

We get riled up when people basically advocate in favor of the rape & murder of women because they don't like they way they dress or when people advocate in favor of terrorism and violence against others because they don't like how the dress or what they say.

Intolerance is advocating for violence as a response to a non-violent point of view. We're merely condemning those supporting violence and the threat of violence against non-violent individuals.

Everybody is advocating violence here.

One paints the other as either terrorist or infidel meanwhile women do not bother with these threads. They don't care how many white knights die at the watch tower

Instead of exhausting yourself here with these pure intentional discussions, Make use of tonight (27th night), and pray for all these So called secular/liberal elements to get back to senses or get lost from this country.

That is all we can do, And Allah is the Doer and the Listener.

The more you speak on these matters, The more it gets on head and hence depression and isolation...

I didn't know acting was prostitution? I didn't know singing was prostitution? What are your thoughts on female swimmers and female gymnasts? Are they selling their bodies?

I'd like you to try acting or singing or even modeling sometime. It takes a HELL lot of effort and talent.
You have no idea about the industry it seems...

Well, I won’t speak about anyone’s personal activities, but I do know things that many do know and many Don’t know (or don’t want to know), With regards to this field.

All I Pray to My Lord is to Give all these ladies and people involved a second chance and redemption as well as help them in this life to work for the hereafter.

I am not expecting any reply since I am not offending anyone here. If you by any chance want to argue with me, I won’t reply as I am respecting these pure nights so I don’t want to do “Gheebat”.

What about asking state to Punish those kind of people?
Does the State have laws that make the actions of such people a crime?

If not, the the first step isn't to ask the State to punish these people, but to convince the elected legislators to pass laws making such actions crimes. Of course while you do that, people like me and millions of others will launch a counter-campaign to convince legislators to NOT pass laws making such actions a crime. Maybe both sides set up organizations that collect donations, fund print, TV, Internet and billboard ads in support of our respective positions. We run twitter & Facebook campaigns.

In the end, elected legislators will make a determination on which side to support and whether to pass laws or not.

This is how a vibrant, functioning democracy works. We can have strong differences of opinion, we can debate, argue, criticize, but we need to do it peacefully.

Why do you think this forum has had so much success compared to others?

It's because we allow that open environment for people to debate and discuss all kinds of things peacefully. We draw the line when people start supporting violence. A society is similar in that sense - when you start clamping down on speech and resort to violence or threats of violence, a society starts to stagnate and decay from within.

Everybody is advocating violence here.

One paints the other as either terrorist or infidel meanwhile women do not bother with these threads. They don't care how many white knights die at the watch tower
Please show me where those not opposed to Mehwish Hayat have advocated violence or used threats of violence.

If I missed something, it needs to be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom