What's new

Italy to send marines back to India

I can't imagine what this makes the Italian government look like, to their electorate. I mean, does that party expect to get a vote again from anyone?

On another note, it seems that our diplomats are made of some stern stuff. How exactly did they manage to arm twist Italy so completely into our bidding?

lol Bet bigger amount..... i will ask simple question if pakistan is in India position.... what will you guys do?

you are forgetting one thing.... it is Italy govn who said the bribe about vvip choppers deal.... and you are thinking GoI bribe them officially? lol

He is a kid bro :D just look at the amount :D

Let's wait and see if they actually arrive by Friday. Italy first said they would be returning then said they won't come back, and now they're saying their returning by Friday.

who wants to bet me they wont be charged

Don't bet it mate , if found guilty they will be charged :cheers:

I would like to hear the guys who commented about India's powerlessness and silly Indian move by letting marines do their duty.

And these even predicted NATO fighting India :lol:

No yaar. You seem to have forgotten the "Kabab mein haddi here". I.E. the Supreme Court and the Judicial System. So whatever concessions that you may be pointing at; the SC is not part of it. So that will not hold.

Better you hold your horses; before attempting to take any long or high jumps!

I'm not saying SC colluded with congies . There must have been talks between the two governments where a deal could have been made . SC has no role in it.

Yes it's a major diplomatic victory for India ,also a major face saver for congies .

I can't imagine what this makes the Italian government look like, to their electorate. I mean, does that party expect to get a vote again from anyone?

On another note, it seems that our diplomats are made of some stern stuff. How exactly did they manage to arm twist Italy so completely into our bidding?

If the US had anything to do in this then that speaks volumes.

Ary lalu ko to ab koi puchta b nahi hai.ramvilas n lalu me to view ka difference to hai to hi. Again hara to ladai to pakki hai

Lol hahaha whats your age kid. :D :D :rofl:

lol In Indian currency it is like 5500 RS... i was expecting some thing in $$$$$

Let's wait and see if they actually arrive by Friday. Italy first said they would be returning then said they won't come back, and now they're saying their returning by Friday.
What makes you think they wont return. In fact they are already on the way.

Doesn't matter even if they don't - Italy will be proved totally untrustworthy if they don't.

Just wait for Friday! Yaane ke Jumma.. Then talk.........

Have to watch how this plays out finally. The deals being worked out etc may be political but if it does happen the govt influencing the judiciary will be even more of a scandal.

Dont get me wrong ..its a good step for India that it atleast got something done to save face. But I guess for the rest of my prediction only time will tell. Not that I am hoping to be right, its just the ugly politics that "we" are used to.

The backroom dealings are commonplace, as you mentioned.

But, the fact that this exchange involves the apex court of India, makes it difficult to buy the conspiracy theories about marines being handled with kid gloves, as such an arrangement would would necessitate the willful involvement of the highest court in the country and its officers, who otherwise are known to have impeccable records.

Moreover, the division bench hearing this case is headed by none other than the CJI - Altamas Kabir - known to be an incorruptible man with a sharp sense of judgment.

To credit the Indian diplomats with a conspiracy that involves the PM, defence and foreign affairs minister of Italy, the PM of India, Congress Chairperson, and various other union ministers as well as the Chief Justice and the apex court - is being a little too generous.

The marines are likely to get a fair hearing.

That's a great new, it will help build stern image of India. Well I was sure of culprits returning back, Italy didn't had the choice, with a majority of EU powerhouses seeking pie of Indian economy.

Only concern is about the deal which has been struck between the parties as per news article. But as per my considerations and with taking Karla people sentiments and coming elections into account I don't think Madam ji will have any space to play political angle. Not to say UPA image is already down to its best.

Back
Top Bottom