What's new

Italy to send marines back to India

see guys, Italy is also not fool., there must be some conditions for India on what they are sending the marines back and some conditions for Italy too? And I have been asking if any one can comment on the role of Sonia Gandhi in this matter.

I can't imagine what this makes the Italian government look like, to their electorate. I mean, does that party expect to get a vote again from anyone?

On another note, it seems that our diplomats are made of some stern stuff. How exactly did they manage to arm twist Italy so completely into our bidding?

I believe it is the interim administration that took both the decisions. They are history anyways.

Stupid Italians. They were probably going to be let off anyways on jurisdictional grounds. By doing this idiotic act, they have made it certain that everyone will be accused of backroom dealing when that happens.:hitwall:

Elections ... This sub continent is doomed to fail because of these little backroom dealings to garner support. They have won their freedom, probably even given guarantees of a slap on the wrist, and i hope i am not the only one that sees this.

Please, don't lump India in with those pseudo-democracies in S.Asia. India is a mature democracy and not every little thing can come down to politics.

Wrt " backroom dealings" what exactly do you think international diplomacy is, are you naive or just trolling?

see guys, Italy is also not fool., there must be some conditions for India on what they are sending the marines back and some conditions for Italy too? And I have been asking if any one can comment on the role of Sonia Gandhi in this matter.

Its suprem court not GOI OR SONIA so most likely no conditions for sure

Where are those Pakistani who were saying Italy won't send them back lool :D

And Chinese?

oops,So this is the consequences that big mouth singh talked about?
@Areesh @Safriz @Windjammer @Abu Zolfiqar @jnd3x0

http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...news-italian-marines-wont-return-india-3.html

Hahaha I bet all you feel like Schmucks right about now? Celebrated too early? lool

This is not Pakistan! :) So, this is different from Raymond Davies?

Let's wait and see if they actually arrive by Friday. Italy first said they would be returning then said they won't come back, and now they're saying their returning by Friday.

Yes remind yourself to drop in on this thread if they do return :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine what this makes the Italian government look like, to their electorate. I mean, does that party expect to get a vote again from anyone?

On another note, it seems that our diplomats are made of some stern stuff. How exactly did they manage to arm twist Italy so completely into our bidding?
Well the Italians where putting themselves in a precarious position with none of their "friends" interested in supporting them and where staring down the barrel of losing one of the largest growing markets on the planet who will be more and more relevant in the future.

In hindsight the Italians had no other choice, their "hard ball" approach went nowhere as the Indians played an excellent diplomatic game.

Last edited by a moderator:
When push came to shove, Italy was the one that blinked. Congrats to India on a game well played.

r

They look like a couple of guidos and one of them is wearing a man-purse. You should throw the book at them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom