What's new

Italy must return marines or face consequences, says PM

O bhai in trade the profit loss is shared- the more you show how much high the bilateral trade is the more you will suffer numarically if you go down that route-

I'm well aware of this , i assure you.

But it is as i said, "IF". There are always alternate channels of trade open to India.

^ wait and see. we aint pakistan. first they will cut of ties and then imprison the ambassador. lets wait till 23rd

I hope Indians don't boycott Italian Fiat Multijet diesel Engine. India's diesel cars are literally surviving because of these engines.(I know it's a bad joke)

I think it is foolish to make threat and give ultimatum publicly to another nation. Best to work on the back channel. If Italy didn't comply, India will lose face and respect for the world to see.

I think the threat is expulsion of their diplomats.

^ wait and see. we aint pakistan. first they will cut of ties and then imprison the ambassador. lets wait till 23rd

They won't imprison the ambassador. Some things you never do- he has diplomatic immunity. But it's possible they'll expel him.

PS- hilariously, Italian ambassador saying he 'will not leave'. We are two mature democracies and we will find a way out in this 'difficult moment'.

I think the threat is expulsion of their diplomats.

They won't imprison the ambassador. Some things you never do- he has diplomatic immunity. But it's possible they'll expel him.

but the thing is he commited to the return of marines to face trials. once diplomatic relations are no more he wont be having diplomatic immunity and could face trail

No Problem mate India top priority is ASEAN which is emerging market and we have no trade deficit and also close to 100 Billion.
What will you expect from a sluggish economy at the moment ??

@Srinivas, bhai mere, kuch hosh ki baath kar yaara, for this bilateral matter you seem to be advising ke saare EU se pange le lein?

Last edited by a moderator:
but the thing is he commited to the return of marines to face trials. once diplomatic relations are no more he wont be having diplomatic immunity and could face trail

You gotta be careful with this stuff. it's not just the italians who have embassies in India. In general ambassadors and diplomatic staff are rarely touched around the world. They deal with sensitive stuff and if they cross the line are expelled. If we prosecute for the sake of proving a point, other countries' diplomatic staff will start feeling threatened too. Even if you have good legal grounds, you need to be careful about how you go about this.

The Italian ambassador will probably have to leave, whether recalled by Italy or expelled by India. As far as convicting him on contempt of court charges, while theoretically possible & legally tenable given that the Italian ambassador submitted himself voluntarily to the writ of the SC, still better to give him the benefit of the geneva conventions. Setting a precedence & creating an international firestorm by sending him to jail is a very bad idea.

@Srinivas, bhai mere, kuch hosh ki baath kar yaara, for this bilateral matter you seem to be advising ke saare EU se pange le lein?

Bro I am not suggesting to cut down the ties with EU :), But we do have better alternatives in ASEAN, right now ASEAN is our priority :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom