What's new

Italian Puma 6X6 for Pakistan.

Puma1.jpg

If This is what we are talking about and its procured cheaply...Then its way better then Toyota trucks that our Army uses and becomes victim of BLA and TTP klashinkofs...
54677bf57af52.png

I depends. Its definitely more bullet resistance than the Toyotas. But each has its own role.
I doubt that is Toyotas are beingh used where the requirement is a APV Since Pakistan actually already has a fleet of APV.
you cannot replace the entire Toyota pickup fleet with these since there is a huge difference in operational cost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equip...tle_tanks,_troop_carriers_and_tank_destroyers
374 M113A2 delivered by U.S. as Excess Defense Articles (EDA) in 2014.
600 surplus VCC-1 and VCC-2 APCs delivered by Italy between 2013 and 2015.
250 Talha and an undisclosed number of Saad APCs manufactured by HIT.

So this is a small quantity compared to the equipment already available. Considering their small number, I would expect these to become obsolete within a decade since there wouldn't expertise available required to maintain them. maybe donate them to the Libyans who seem to have been accumulating them.

It might be 12 +24 +79 or even 12+24+79 +57 (until now), the Italian MoD reports are unclear.

E.g. a report for 2017 activities task about a second lot of 57,
'del secondo lotto di ulteriori 57 Puma 6x6, valore 1,995M€'

https://performance.gov.it/performance/relazioni-performance/documento/736 page 42

on the main enhancement activities completed in 2017 (revenues) are recorded:
 Activities in the G2G area: transfer to Pakistan through the CIO / Leonardo of the latter
lot of further 57 Puma 6x6, worth € 1,995m;

I doubt Pak paid ~2 billion euros for it but like any eda there is value assigned to it

Most probably free and paid for mod and transportation

Last edited:
IMO serbs and pols also had good options to offer apart from the Turks off course.

Any updates on Hamza MCV??? Is it still going on or defunct???
According to Exim Trade, Pakistan has recived 79 refurbished Puma 6X6 from Italy.

Since Pak Army is interested in Turkish Pars APC series and is developing Hamza family at home, these APCs are probably meant for Frontier Corps as a replacement of UR-416 APCs

View attachment 472886

View attachment 472887

on the main enhancement activities completed in 2017 (revenues) are recorded:
 Activities in the G2G area: transfer to Pakistan through the CIO / Leonardo of the latter
lot of further 57 Puma 6x6, worth € 1,995m;

I doubt Pak paid ~2 billion euros for it but like any eda there is value assigned to it

Most probably free and paid for mod and transportation
UN Mission in CAR..

ggg.png

Last edited:
Hope FC Bln gets these, they get cut down in those ambushes.
They need MRAPs or preferably MRAVs... Hamza 6x6 with a heavy canon on top!

There casualities come from IEDs more than ambushes... but alot of times... specially in the mountains,passes... IEDs are accompanied by an ambush from the mountains..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom