What's new

Italian Navy ship arrives in Karachi for goodwill visit

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
l_196685_061001_updates.jpg

KARACHI: Italian Navy ship CARABINIERE (F-593) arrived at Karachi Port today for a good will visit.

The visiting ship was accorded a warm welcome during an impressive reception ceremony and received by senior officials of Pakistan Navy and Italian embassy staff including Ambassador and Defence Attache of Italy in Pakistan.

The visit is aimed at strengthening mutual collaboration and interoperability between the two navies through exercises and reciprocal calls on.

During the stay at Karachi, the officers and men of the ship will hold professional interaction with counterparts from Pakistan Navy on the subjects of mutual interest.

On completion of port visit, an exercise at sea is also planned between Pakistan Navy Flotilla and visiting Italian navy ship which will cover wide range of naval operations.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/196685-Italian-Navy-ship-arrives-in-Karachi-for-goodwill-visit

More defence collaboration needed with these guys.

When ever a Ship comes on a good will visit there are always Naval drills.

Thats cool. :) I dont get the "isolated" comments though?

India , in the lost mind had swear to make sure we would be isolated from our friends and the rest of the world which they have failed how would they have failed when they could never even start lolz. That's where the isolated comments are from a slap on india's ugly face ;)

Isolation song for Endia:

I feel alone
Walking Down the street
I feel alone
With the people I meet
I feel alone
With all my friends
I feel alone
Till the end
I feel alone

belong to the family of FREMM multipurpose frigates, with this ship optimized for ASW role. Italy have an order of 5+5 FREMM class frigates with 5 optimized for ASW roles and 5 as multi-role platforms.At 6900 ton it is a heavy/heavier ship armed with excellent AAW capabilities in shape of EMPAR multi purpose radar, Thales electronic counter measures and 16 Aster 15/30 (with an option of additional 16 missiles). An excellent multi-role ship indeed.

However, please remember that this is just a good will visit and it is not like the Italians will leave for home on a plane and the ship is to be left behind. I hope people will not start speculating here. :)

We do need heavier AAW ships, also the fact that we have good relations with Italy and then there is this mouth watering matter of getting hands on to the Aster missile system (as a joint deal, acquiring the land based system as well) but as of yet there are no indication that PN is interested in buying these from Italy and till that happens i hope people will not believe what there facebook friends, sources and journalists have to say.

Pakistan is not going for FREMM for now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom