What's new

Italian Navy ship arrives in Karachi for goodwill visit

According to ARY News Italian ship which is on visit to Pakistan its commander conducted a press conference one the ship and told journalists why they are here and also about the ship in detail and also that Italy is world famous for making quality ships. Is something going on ????????????? I have never seen a ship which is visiting its commander doing this kind of conference

Thats cool. :) I dont get the "isolated" comments though?
Indias dumb @ss Prime minster Modi (who also was denied entry and Visa to USA for 12 years in a row on terrorism charges) thought it was a good idea to tell his nation that india would isolate pakistan globally.

so far after a year of him making these statements only 2 countries have signed up to Modi pakistan isolation policy, the 2 big bad super powers so far are Bangladesh and Afghanistan. SO yeah the indian PM has been a utter failure.

The world called his bluff when India carried out the fake surgical strikes, Pakistani army flew correspondents off all the major world leading news agencies to the 6 sights where india had claimed it had carried out surgical strikes for the press to find not one single bullet round or motors etc. SO the whole world laughed at indias claims especially the western media who asked the GOI for proof.

A lovely ship. Italy and Pakistan have good links.

belong to the family of FREMM multipurpose frigates, with this ship optimized for ASW role. Italy have an order of 5+5 FREMM class frigates with 5 optimized for ASW roles and 5 as multi-role platforms.At 6900 ton it is a heavy/heavier ship armed with excellent AAW capabilities in shape of EMPAR multi purpose radar, Thales electronic counter measures and 16 Aster 15/30 (with an option of additional 16 missiles). An excellent multi-role ship indeed.

However, please remember that this is just a good will visit and it is not like the Italians will leave for home on a plane and the ship is to be left behind. I hope people will not start speculating here. :)

We do need heavier AAW ships, also the fact that we have good relations with Italy and then there is this mouth watering matter of getting hands on to the Aster missile system (as a joint deal, acquiring the land based system as well) but as of yet there are no indication that PN is interested in buying these from Italy and till that happens i hope people will not believe what there facebook friends, sources and journalists have to say.

Pakistan is not going for FREMM for now.
Agreed, I wouldn't count on the FREMM. However, if the PN inks the MILGEM contract, we could see Leonardo, MBDA and EuroTorp try securing subsystem and munitions contracts. Imagine if the LF-2400 is selected: Leonardo could offer its Kronos radar, 76 mm main gun and MU90 torpedo; MBDA could offer the Sea Ceptor/CAMM with Sylver VLS and Exocet or Otomat anti-ship missiles; Leonardo might even try helicopters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom