What's new

Italian MPs’ panel OKs burqa ban

The mask is usually worn when there is either an announcement of epidemics OR the wearer is suffering from some aerially transferable disease or the wearer suffers from something serious like Asthma whereby pollution would be very dangerous for his or her health. There is no religious implication here. Medical masks when supplied are asked a reason for wearing.

You missed the whole point. The wearer decides when they want to wear the mask. Whether it's for health reasons, hypochondria or 'just for kicks'. I can guarantee you that there are more people in France and Italy walking around with these masks than there are women wearing the burqa.

If the sanctimonious crowd wants to justify the burqa ban on legitimate grounds, then all the arguments apply to the face mask also.

There might be a small variety of such people I don't deny it, but usually this is a line used by Muslim ultras to portray themselves as victims for everything and then gain exemptions in the name of "offended" and "oppressed"

You don't see laws banning the Sikh turban, or the Hindu tika. No country has passed laws restricting the contruction of Hindu temples, so it's a little sanctimonious for non-Muslims to lecture Muslims about how to react. My whole point with the facemask is to expose the hypocrisy -- the ban is not about security at all. Its only purpose is to demonize and stigmatize Muslim women.

They are a very tiny minority who want to wear it, mate. There are a lot of Muslims we come across who privately agree not wanting to wear it but are 99% forced to wear it.

We don't know the actual figures and, in any case, they are irrelevant. The point is that no woman should be forced to wear or discard her dress choice because some xenophobes can't handle it. Just because these women are a tiny minority doesn't mean their rights can be violated.

This is largely applicable to all Islamic countries

Ah yes, the old standy: "If they don't like it, they should leave". By your logic, Sikhs should stop wearing the turban, Hindus should stop putting the tika, and everybody should shed all symbols of their previous culture just in case it might offend the sensibilities of some European.

The point is that the xenophobes don't like all non-white immigrants. They are only attacking the Muslims because it is politically acceptable to do so. Don't believe for one second that they are any more welcoming to other migrants.

Show me photos of people roaming around in face masks or ski masks anywhere in the world doing everyday things other than protecting their face for logical reasons. For your other point that Sikh's get to wear their turban and the women get to put a dot on their face. I guess if they start disliking them in their country they will move a bill in their parliament and see if the reasons to covering your face match those of covering your head. If the majority don't like their head gear and their dot they can ban it as well. Thats what the people of that country want, just like the majority in my country want to put garlands on assassins or burn down villages of non believers and think that the PDIC bombing was by a drone instead of a pickup truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Till how long u muslim guys will cover muslim ladies with black cloths??
And hide them n don't let them realize their big dreams??

Good work italy...
All others European nations will follow this.... :cheers:

Till how long u muslim guys will cover muslim ladies with black cloths??
And hide them n don't let them realize their big dreams??

Good work italy...
All others European nations will follow this.... :cheers:

Get a life troll..

Women wear it on their own choice...

Rich Muslim vows to pay all French burka fines | News & Politics | News & Comment | The First Post
A novel way of protesting against France’s Burqa ban |

Realizing dreams? LMAO m.... we have female generals,fighter pilots,police comandoes.. etc

Get a life troll..

Women wear it on their own choice...

Rich Muslim vows to pay all French burka fines | News & Politics | News & Comment | The First Post
A novel way of protesting against France’s Burqa ban |

Realizing dreams? LMAO m.... we have female generals,fighter pilots,police comandoes.. etc

Cool so they are ready to pay the fine..Nice revenue to French govt...mmm
Let them pay for a unlimited time for all those burqa women....

Hope in italy too muslim guys will pay heavy fines n the govt can earn a good revenue :cheers:

BTW,soon u'll see other european nations banning this medival practice of wearing burqa...
Nice time ahead

AP | Aug 3, 2011, 06.16AM IST

ROME: An Italian parliamentary commission on Tuesday approved a draft law banning women from wearing veils that cover their faces in public.

The draft passed by the constitutional affairs commission would prohibit women from wearing a burqa, naqib or any other garb that covers the face in such circumstances.

Italy is the latest European country to act against the burqa. France and Belgium have banned the wearing of burqa in public.

The law was sponsored by Souad Sbai, a Moroccan-born member of premier Silvio Berlusconi's conservative Freedom People Party.

Link : Italian MPs’ panel OKs burqa ban - The Times of India

And unsurprisingly, this news attracts you most?

There are no 'burqa' women in Italy on the first place and neither is 'burqa' an Islamic dress or Quranic verse.

I'm glad at least such legislation, creates awareness among the idiots.

However, their is no justification to ban scarf, neither it bothers any one.

We will not live to that day but one day Europe is going to go back to its Dark Ages if it continues on this path....Limiting freedoms is the worst thing a country can do to its people.

europe is already going back, money is being empty, europe has already suffered a heart attack through recession

i agree with you the burqa ban and other intolerance is just the beginning of another dark age

berlik anders has already made it prominent, that even in most peaceful places, there exists an intense islamic hate

if indians think that its just an islamic intolerance, then i suggest them to wait for some years and see anti indian hatred, anti chinese hatred etc

are you unaware of the several bank robbing incidents where robbers hiding themself behind burqa....
what is meant by personal choice is , if it only affects your personal life ...

a sikh can hide a bomb in his turban, an indian can hide a dynamite in her saree, its just an excuse

bank robbers in burka?? never heard in pak, but normally bank robbers use masks and cloths which are easily available

maybe that burqa bank robber is mocking the burqa to show that bura must be banned

Never thought I'd see the day where and Indian would go against the ban but a Pakistani supports it..... World really HAS changed.

And no this is personnel freedom and these are jabs directed at Islam in particular unless people say no this is not about Islam it is also about Ninjas.......

this guy is not a muslim, he is agnostic christian, not every pakistani is muslim

Burqa is not part of Islamic religion. It's a cultural thing.

I think Burqa should be banned for girls under 18 (to avoid kids being forced to wear burqa by their parents)

Once they reach 18, every lady has the right to decide if she wants to wear the burqa or not. Personal choice and freedom.

then skirts should also be banned in schools, what do you think??, girls must not dress such that they roam nude in public

also bikinis must be banned so that girls after they become mature try to realize if they need to wear bikinis or not

sikhs must be banned to wear turban before 18

etc

He is a man and acting for the video and you know that.

Why are you afraid to show your real id?

Thats quite astute mister Colombo. Impressive. Can you also solve my ID crisis as well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom