What's new

Italian MPs’ panel OKs burqa ban

Will any male Arab go to a western university wearing 'kandora'.

Neither will a female Arab go to university wearing a Burkha. I am talking about middle aged men and women who have lived all their lives in the Gulf and are now settling in Europe. You really need to have been to Europe to understand where I am coming from.

When it comes to the Arab world in particular.... Do not believe anything from anybody who did not see the Arab world first hand and you trust to not have an unbiased opinion....for god's sakes they still depict saudi arabians as still living in the fricking desert......

They don't? (I know most don't live in freakin tents)

Blame it on Don Vito Corleone..... evil Italians..:cool:

It all comes down to national security that hides one's identity to the police or other authorities.

I'm not sure how women in burqas are able to obtain a driver's license or even a passport for that matter.

Can someone shed some light?

Will any male Arab go to a western university wearing 'kandora'.

I have actually seen couple of Arab guys wearing Kandoora to Uni, and couple of Pakistani guys wearing Shalwar Kameez, with Shalwar up to their ankle and everything. I don't know could have been a costume party or something:lol:

On the other hand have never seen a girl in Burqa at univeristy. Hijab, yes plenty, but no Burqa.

Shot at?? Really? Have you been to a European country in winter?

Yes, lived there in the 70's. No ski mask in most places (unless you were skiing.) And this before modern security concerns (mostly Red Brigade, Bader Mienhoff etc.)

I am torn on this. I dislike laws that curtail personal freedom, but understand security, and more importantly, cultural reasons for the ban. At our Uni, girls wear the Hijab if Muslim, no Burhkas. I personaly think the ban is supporting local culture more than the very real security concerns. Insofar as it is Italy, they have as much right to this law as Pakistan does to her blasphemy law or the one were you kill converts.

The mask is worn by the wearer when they deem fit. There is no national 'emergency' announcement authorizing these masks.

The mask is usually worn when there is either an announcement of epidemics OR the wearer is suffering from some aerially transferable disease or the wearer suffers from something serious like Asthma whereby pollution would be very dangerous for his or her health. There is no religious implication here. Medical masks when supplied are asked a reason for wearing.

On the contrary, the people who are 'obsessed' are the xenophobes who jump at every opportunity to attack Muslims.

There might be a small variety of such people I don't deny it, but usually this is a line used by Muslim ultras to portray themselves as victims for everything and then gain exemptions in the name of "offended" and "oppressed"

I am not 'advocating' wearing the burqa. I want the women involved to have the freedom to wear it or not. If the Arab girls don't want to wear them, they shouldn't. What on earth does that have to do with women who do want to wear it?

They are a very tiny minority who want to wear it, mate. There are a lot of Muslims we come across who privately agree not wanting to wear it but are 99% forced to wear it.

The decision should not be dictated by others. One way or another. The self-appointed guardians of dress codes and control freaks should find some other past time to relieve their obsessions.

This is largely applicable to all Islamic countries where Westerners cannot walk around in bikinis even though they are not Muslims themselves. Isn't that infringing of rights? Now you will tell me that do western countries have to "stoop" to the level of these countries? The answer is kind of 'Yes'. It is their country, their national laws, and their regulations.

For example, there are a lot of devout Buddhists also living in these countries. When we dawn saffron and maroon robes and walk around in their country, they would feel strange and targeted. It is a natural human instinct. And if we add this with always complaining for new laws favoring us, then they will get angry (as it is the common trend with certain migrant Muslim communities in European countries). Then such laws will come into effect against us as well. Rather it is our prerogative to actually adjust according to their laws that offer far more fairness and freedom than developing countries. Isn't it? :). While it is normal in India, Thailand, Tibet (formerly), Cambodia etc because this is one of the local customs, it is not normal in European context.

Migrating communities should adopt and understand the laws of these countries unless and until they threaten the safety of these people, which they are not in this case. Most Muslims have better standards of life in Europe than their own countries. So either one has to follow the new law or consider revoking their citizenship and leaving the country.

The mask is usually worn when there is either an announcement of epidemics OR the wearer is suffering from some aerially transferable disease or the wearer suffers from something serious like Asthma whereby pollution would be very dangerous for his or her health. There is no religious implication here. Medical masks when supplied are asked a reason for wearing.

That is not true, not in the countries I have been to anyways. You can wear facial masks on the pretext of excessive pollution. I have seen motorists wearing them in Delhi, Mumbai and host of other East Asian cities, and no one questions them.

That is not true, not in the countries I have been to anyways. You can wear facial masks on the pretext of excessive pollution. I have seen motorists wearing them in Delhi, Mumbai and host of other East Asian cities, and no one questions them.

I was just giving him an example. They are worn because the person is allergic to pollution mate. Isn't that a valid medical/quasi-medical reason? I think it is.

I was just giving him an example. They are worn because the person is allergic to pollution mate. Isn't that a valid medical/quasi-medical reason? I think it is.

Yes it is, but you don't need any approval to wear such masks. I think what he was that, if Muslim women aren't allowed to cover their faces then they should start wearing these facial masks(on the pretext of pollution, allergy and what not), and no one would be able to question them.

I've never seen a full on burqa here or any other state I've visited in the US. There a few women who wear hijabs here in "Sin City" of all places. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom