What's new

Italian envoy cannot leave India

He will not be able to go whether he says or not....presently hes bound under Indian land and thats fact.

No, If India do that than same treatment she should expect for her diplomats, and making case against anyone to humiliate is not difficult my friend.

good news ...well our ambassador is not in Italy ....... he was going to take charge but Indian gov. stopped him .

Dude

Do you genuinely think this moronity is even an option.India would become Iran of 1979,Heavily sanctioned and globally ostracized.
@Babbar-Khalsa Check the post just above yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on whose political stance is more shaky. Augusta westland can fire a couple of managers but can the indian politicians withstand the onslaught of the exposure?

does the indian government have sufficient evidence to prove the incident occur in indian waters?

During the course of history there are lot of politicians who were ousted for corruption allegations, not a problem here.

I know what gonna happen next, the Italian will hold Indian too. Couple weeks later, they kick each other back to India or Italy. Serval years later, they welcome new Indian/Italian ambassadors while most of ppl forgot what happened to Indian fishmens.

Dude

Do you genuinely think this moronity is even an option.India would become Iran of 1979,Heavily sanctioned and globally ostracized.
@Babbar-Khalsa Check the post just above yours.

sometimes threating and pressure/words works !

When PM himself speak about issue then it's serious becomes issue , it could affect business interests of Italy in India .

further there will trust deficit will create problem on international level because their ambassador given affidavit , any future case will get treated harshly .

if they can afford national interest price for two men then it's ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes threating and pressure/words works !

When PM himself speak about issue then it's serious becomes issue , it could affect business interests of Italy in India .

further there will trust deficit will create problem on international level because their ambassador given affidavit , any future case will get treated harshly .

People and countries could smell impotency from miles away.Throwing tantrums like Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong fatso II is going to turn India into a laughing stock.We have two examples from contemporary times and still people think that hissy fits work.

Only India could do is say that it would not honor Italian guarantees seriously in future thus projecting a persona of a crying schoolgirl.

People and countries could smell impotency from miles away.Throwing tantrums like Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong fatso II is going to turn India into a laughing stock.We have two examples from contemporary times and still people think that hissy fits work.

Only India could do is say that it would not honor Italian guarantees seriously in future thus projecting a persona of a crying schoolgirl.

you are underestimating ..... whenever it comes they take harsh decisions , but i don't think it's that much serious .

you even America can not pick any criminal from any other country , it's very hard . it's our mistake to grant leave , generally no country handover civilian to other in such small cases.

Iran and Korea considered as Paranoid/ Mad countries .

Indian authority can halt Italian inverters , can drop purchases or no more further i think some Indian politician warned about business interest .

I m confused, initially they want to kick out the ambassador now they want to hold on to him wtf going on

I m confused, initially they want to kick out the ambassador now they want to hold on to him wtf going on

You are mistaken, they wanna kick out Rahul and Sonia back to Italy.
Many people now know their game plan of looting Indian money.
If this family lives and governs 10 more years, India will file bankruptcy and will become a failed nation.

you are underestimating ..... whenever it comes they take harsh decisions , but i don't think it's that much serious .

you even America can not pick any criminal from any other country , it's very hard . it's our mistake to grant leave , generally no country handover civilian to other in such small cases.

Iran and Korea considered as Paranoid/ Mad countries .

Indian authority can halt Italian inverters , can drop purchases or no more further i think some Indian politician warned about business interest .

And harm it's interest in the process????????

Dude Diplomacy is not conducted in this manner.You are talking about some politicians warning interest but are ignoring that this whole drama could be organised by GoI itself.Even people who visit pdf for trolling know enough basics about international law,government is supposed to have dedicated legal advice on it from attorney general.

I knew this would happen once i read about augusta westland scandal. It was known from Italian demeanor and the fact that they were leaking selective info that they have some important politicians by their balls.Italy would not have done this Fcuk you routine without an understanding with congress.

That's more like it- hold accountability

The Supreme Court has said the Italian Ambassador Daniele Mancini cannot leave the country for now, a consequence of Italy's refusal to return two marines to face trial in India.

The judges have also asked the Italian government to furnish an explanation for reneging on its assurance that the naval officers would be sent back.

The Ambassador, who had given the court a written guarantee that the marines would come back to Delhi by March 22, has to share his response by Monday.

Earlier this week, Italy informed India that despite its guarantees, the naval officers would not be sent back. The Supreme Court had allowed them four weeks at home to celebrate Easter and vote in the national election.

The Prime Minister yesterday warned that "there will be consequences" if Italy does not respect its commitment to the Supreme Court. Before it decides what those consequence might be, the government reportedly wants to wait till March 22, the deadline set by the Supreme Court for the return of the marines. (Read: PM's statement in Parliament)

Amid reports that the government may retaliate by expelling him, Mr Mancini asserted yesterday, "I will not leave this country till a competent authority makes me a persona non grata."Italy says that its decision was taken after India ignored its written offer for diplomatic negotiations, and because New Delhi does not have jurisdiction over the case. (Read: Will search for an acceptable solution, Italian officials tell NDTV)

The marines were guarding an Italian tanker off the Kochi coast in February last year when they say they mistook two fishermen for pirates, and shot them.

Italy claims the shooting took place in international waters; India disagrees.

Give him his wish and declare him "Persona Non-Grata" and then throw him in Jail.:D

Give him his wish and declare him "Persona Non-Grata" and then throw him in Jail.:D

As soon as a diplomat is declared "Persona Non-Grata" - he has to leave the country. Under Geneva conventions, a diplomat can not be jailed - no even during war. They can only be expelled. A few years ago I think it was a high ranking diplomat from one of the former Soviet nations who was driving drunk and killed someone in the USA. Because he invoked diplomatic immunity - the Americans could not do anything till the other country withdrew diplomatic status to allow him to be tried. Any chance of the Italians doing that? I wonder whether the Italian ambassador gave the assurance to the Supreme Court in his individual capacity or in his official capacity.

Last time I heard the PM of itlay gave the marines a hero welcome fat chance Italy gonner hand them back , the only option left for india is to send in a task force to capture and bring them home

Back
Top Bottom