What's new

Italian envoy cannot leave India

Last time I heard the PM of itlay gave the marines a hero welcome fat chance Italy gonner hand them back , the only option left for india is to send in a task force to capture and bring them home

Nah, India is a country without a SPINE.

Nothing will come out of this and all this huffing and puffing is for Political GRANDSTANDING.

Nothing will come out of this and all this huffing and puffing is for Political GRANDSTANDING.

Like you people showed spine in raymond davis case??????

At least we made Italy government eat it's word rather than giving marines in exchange of blood money.In our case Italy has proved itself to be a liar while in yours US escape with clean conscious.

Ok may be send in the task force is asking too much , the other alternative is copy the Russia send undercover spy to kill those marines with poision

Only India could do is say that it would not honor Italian guarantees seriously in future thus projecting a persona of a crying schoolgirl.

An article by former diplomat, whose way seems feasible.

Prescription

Now, the steps we should consider:

Our Ambassador-designate is still in India. He should not be sent to Italy at this stage. All official contacts with Italy should be frozen and people in public life be advised to severely curtail private contacts too. Instructions need to go out that Italian diplomatic personnel will not be given any meetings without the clearance of the Foreign Office.

While normal trade should be allowed to go on, all government and public sector contracts should be put on hold.

The only discussion with Italy should be on this case. Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh has called the Italian action 'unacceptable'. That by itself is meaningless unless it is followed by effective action. Will the government rise to defend national honour or only look at trade statistics?

One final word: At this time the Foreign Office will miss the presence of SM Krishna. The media only focused on his gaffes. What is unknown is that in relations with Western countries he steadfastly defended national prestige and stayed the course despite pressures from outside and from within the government.

Italy must not get away with murder

Give him his wish and declare him "Persona Non-Grata" and then throw him in Jail.:D

It's a strange world buddy. One would have thoght he'd arrongantly say 'I don't care even if they expel me'. Intead he says...'You wanna make me leave, just go ahead and try'

As soon as a diplomat is declared "Persona Non-Grata" - he has to leave the country. Under Geneva conventions, a diplomat can not be jailed - no even during war. They can only be expelled. A few years ago I think it was a high ranking diplomat from one of the former Soviet nations who was driving drunk and killed someone in the USA. Because he invoked diplomatic immunity - the Americans could not do anything till the other country withdrew diplomatic status to allow him to be tried. Any chance of the Italians doing that? I wonder whether the Italian ambassador gave the assurance to the Supreme Court in his individual capacity or in his official capacity.

i think he can, but it will be another public brawl so he'll try to avoid it. I think they didn't realize the seriousness of the retaliation they would get. My take is that on the fisherman issue they probably have clinching evidence that their ship was in International waters- that if the case really went to international fora we'd lose. But considering Indian public sentiment, they really had no way out except give up the marines. From what I gather, the marines didn't just surrender- we tricke them off the ship and placed them under arrest :D. That's why all these back-room deals- we send them to italy for christmas, for voting etc., take them off jail and hand custody to italian embassy etc. They should have just stuck with our generosity. Instead, probably because of public sentiment, they did exactly what we did- get their boys back and then said- 'they aren't coming back'. That's bad move- you don't lie to the supreme court.

people don'T know that the envoy stays in country for 3-4 years. And this ambassador is not very old in India. so he has 2-3 years more to go I guess. So whether you don't let him go or let him go. He will remain ambassador for 2-3 years more. And in 2-3 years some solution will be out.

INDIA PUTS ON HOLD DEPARTURE OF INDIA'S NEW AMBASSADOR TO ITALY.

INDIA CONTEMPLATING ACTION AGAINST MANCINI.

MANCINI HAD GIVEN GUARANTEE ON BEHALF OF THE MARINES WHO WERE UNDER HIS WATCH IN NEW DELHI.

MEA BRIEFS EU AMBASSADOR ON THE SITUATION.

MANCINI ONCE AGAIN CALLED TO MEA AND GIVEN NOTICE FROM THE SC TO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY.

INDIAN AMBASSADOR TO ITALY MR.BASANT GUPTA WHO WAS SCHEDULED TO LEAVE FOR ITALY ASKED TO STAY BACK.

INDIA TO SCALE BACK DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS WITH ITALY.

This is a two way affair mate, Augusta westland deal also involves some key persons in Italy :cheers:.

It is Supreme court that is dealing with the marine case and so the court has the authority here.

If they involve Italian officials, it would because they scam off Indian government by pocketing Indian tax payers' money. It has nothing to do with Italian finances.

I believe India is screwed on this one. Soon, the ambassador will be replaced and the sailors would get away without a scratch. Its Indian government's fault for releasing them in the first place, probably because of corruption. There are a some corrupt Indian officials that get even more rich for releasing the sailors.

Ok may be send in the task force is asking too much , the other alternative is copy the Russia send undercover spy to kill those marines with poision

But the undercover spy would be sold off by more corrupt Indian officials. The spy might lost his life. It seems that everything is for sale in India. With money, everything can be bought in India.

An article by former diplomat, whose way seems feasible.

Italy must not get away with murder

Fat chance when India is rule by an Italian waitress.

Now playing in India .........new drama - Saheb Biwi aur Gulam (translation ...Master Wife and slave)

Staring
- Italy as Saheb (master)
- Sonia Gandhi as Biwi (wife)
- Three Muslim as Gulam (slaves)

1. Altamas Kabir as Chief Justice who granted bail to Italian Marines,
2. Salman Krushid as External Affairs Minister who cut the deal with Italy and key player in the whole drama,
3. Goolam Essaji Vahanvati - Attorney General of India who advised government that Italian ambassador can stand guarantee for their marines ;)

This is a super hit drama played out for the Gullible Indians :lol:.......tickets are subsidized for minorities .....Hindus have to pay full price for this wonderful Nautanki :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom