What's new

IT parks in India and future of IT in Pakistan

Govts in Pakistan have always been jerks, no love for IT industry ever. We people are working on our own under heavy load shedding, poor and expansive internet facilities, no support of payment gateways (paypal in particular) etc..

Still we IT guys are bringing in billions of $$$ every year.

Hmm..We interact with It guys on daily basis. You work on IT too ?
What technologies you work on ? It always seems so cool..

Bangalore alone has some 8 IT parks !

I think more, whitefield has some, e city some among other places. and each park is actually a conglomeration of many individual 'parks' with 1000s of people.

Sounds like a stupid question but what is the purpose of IT parks?

When you work within these parks it's only for exports, and therefore you get lots of tax exemptions.

Hi! The following cities in India have IT parks as of June 2014 - many more are under development -

india-map-softwareparks.gif

Some of the famous ones include -
Indian cities are the fastest developing cities in the world in terms of lifestyle, Infrastructure and Standard of living. IT is one of the most important factor to boost the economy of India along with the tourism and communication industry. All the major cities of India now has at least one IT park with all the required facility in the premises. Major IT parks are Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park Chandigarh,Mihan it park nagpur,Crystal IT park Indore,Venkatadri IT Park Bangalore,Eon it park Pune and DLF IT SEZ Hyderabad.

ElectronicsCity-Bangalore
electronics-city-bangalore.jpg
The stunning Electronics city is India’s largest electronic parks and a key IT hub of India followed by International Tech Park. Due to the Electronics City, Bangalore got it another name as the Silicon Valley of India. It also host Hosur Road Elevated Expressway, the ten-laned mixed corridor elevated highway, one of the longest elevated national expressway in the country.

Magarpatta-Pune
magarpatta-city-Pune.jpg
The Magarpatta city is a advanced township with residential,Cybercity and corporate towers, located at outskirts of Pune in village of Hadapsar. Magarpatta is one of the first master plan to start a trend in India of walk to work. Pune has other major IT parks as well known as Hinjewadi-one of the major Cyber city in India, Kharadi IT Park and EON IT Park being other, follow to know amazing IT parks and SEZ in Pune.

HITECCity-Hyderabad
hitech-city-Hyderabad-600x400.jpg
The HITEC City of Hyderabad is one of the major technology township spread across a huge area of land at the center of Hyderabad city. HITEC City includes Cyber Towers,Cyber Gateway,L&T Infocity and Mindspace IT park.

InfotechPark-Mumbai
International-Infotech-Park-Mumbai.jpg
The International Infotech Park is located in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Infotech Park is a masterpiece of engineering having everything in the office premise. Other IT parks in Mumbai are Infinity Park,Sureshwari Infotech Park and Everest Infotech Park.

CyberValeITPark-Chennai
CyberVale-IT-Park-Chennai-601x400.jpg
The CyberVale IT Park is another project of ASCENDAS after International Tech Park, It is a high tech IT park located in Taramani district of Chennai, Tamil Nadu. International Tech Park host India’s giant telecom service providers and many software companies. Ascendas CyberVale IT Park is first IT SEZ Park project in India.

DLFITPark-Noida
Rapid-Metro-Gurgaon-1.jpg

The DLF IT Park is an integrated campus located in Sector 62 of Noida in Uttar Pradesh. DLF IT Park divided into 5 blocks and a world class workspace with open greenery and well planned area near to NH 24. DLF IT Park is also situated in other metro Indian cities like Chennai,Kolkata, chandigarh and bhubaneswar.
Is Gurgaon's Cyber city also an IT park?

Bangalore alone has some 8 IT parks !

Indeed but still there is a lot of room for growth

Govts in Pakistan have always been jerks, no love for IT industry ever. We people are working on our own under heavy load shedding, poor and expansive internet facilities, no support of payment gateways (paypal in particular) etc..

Still we IT guys are bringing in billions of $$$ every year.

Frustrated lag rahe ho,kahi engineer toh nahi ho :partay:

I'm web developer, working in PHP / Laravel etc..

Gee bilkul sahi pehchana aap ne.. :d

Well i am not an IT guy and many of us here are not, i know a lil bit but it will be best if you can please explain in detail what actually is an IT park is, what do they do there and stuff like that. An insiders view perhaps and that will help us all better understand it, specially myself. :)

It missed out Coimbatore . It has one fully Developed IT park(Tidel Park) and one Private IT park. Two more are planned.

As for Chennai is concerned the Numbers are increasing . I have counted a total of 8 . I am not including all those big offices of CTS, TCS Paypal ebay and others ;)

Gee bilkul sahi pehchana aap ne.. :d
I am a Ruby on Rails Developer , Android , Little bit of a Security research , Web Design and Web Development :D . Looking to Expand into Game Design and Development nowadays :P

I've know about PHP. Somebody told me they have used it in Facebook. What is Laravel ?
How is Java in comparison to PHP ? I know a little bit of C++ :D

I am a Ruby on Rails Developer , Android , Little bit of a Security research , Web Design and Web Development :D . Looking to Expand into Game Design and Development nowadays :P

Nice. I had Android and Game Development in my wishlist for quit some time, even managed to play around in Android. But then moved ahead because of very busy schedule.

I've know about PHP. Somebody told me they have used it in Facebook. What is Laravel ?
How is Java in comparison to PHP ? I know a little bit of C++ :D

Java, PHP, C++ etc are programming languages. Java / C++ are very broad and are used for application / software development which PHP is specific to Web Development mostly. Laravel is latest and most popular PHP framework now a days..

Well i am not an IT guy and many of us here are not, i know a lil bit but it will be best if you can please explain in detail what actually is an IT park is, what do they do there and stuff like that. An insiders view perhaps and that will help us all better understand it, specially myself. :)

An IT park is basically a zone where a lot of IT companies have their offices in one building or area making it a network or hub of IT entrepreneurs, professionals, interns etc. We have one IT park in Lahore i.e. Arfa Karim IT Park near General Hospital, Lahore. It was launched by Pervez Musarraf.

Right now, we have several incubator companies (state owned and private), IT career development centers, software houses etc in Arfa Karim IT park. Plan9 is an example, which is under Punjab IT Board. Visit their website for an idea: Plan9 | Pakistan's Largest Technology Incubator

These IT parks are mostly state owned, to give subsidies to IT companies, provide better facilities etc. But our govts are too lazy in this regard as usual. :(

Last edited:
Java, PHP, C++ etc are programming languages. Java / C++ are very broad and are used for application / software development which PHP is specific to Web Development mostly. Laravel is latest and most popular PHP framework now a days..
Okay..So, say you have a banking application, you do your business rules in Java, and the website in PHP ?
Can't I do both using PHP ? or say Java ? I also hear a lot about something called Spring..Our IT team recruits a lot for that skillset.

An IT park is basically a zone where a lot of IT companies have their offices in one building or area making it a network or hub of IT entrepreneurs, professionals, interns etc. We have one IT park in Lahore i.e. Arfa Karim IT Park near General Hospital, Lahore. It was launched by Pervez Musarraf.

Right now, we have several incubator companies (state owned and private), IT career development centers, software houses etc in Arfa Karim IT park. Plan9 is an example, which is under Punjab IT Board. Visit their website for an idea: Plan9 | Pakistan's Largest Technology Incubator

These IT parks are mostly state owned, to give subsidies to IT companies, provide better facilities etc. But our govts are too lazy in this regard as usual. :(

Can you tell me more about IT infrastructure in Pakistan, if that's alright with you ? I'm tremendously interested. :)

Okay..So, say you have a banking application, you do your business rules in Java, and the website in PHP ?
Can't I do both using PHP ? or say Java ? I also hear a lot about something called Spring..Our IT team recruits a lot for that skillset.

You can do both in PHP, but it depends. Sometimes its best to do application part in Java and website in PHP and integrate them, if application is too big or complex.

Back
Top Bottom