What's new

ISRO: A lesson for Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant we have some missiles better than India, basically in terms of payload, range to payload capita, etc. Slapping on 3 boosters on a rocket, is not what I would call a huge achievement. Rather, people want accuracy (where the missile will land), or efficiency on range to where you can waste less oil. Unfortunately India doesn't have that type of technology.

all space launchers in the world uses strap ons...:woot:

Payload?
compare with agni V?
talking about accuracy?
look at AKASH sam and BMD....
we also have mems based on board electronics...our own RLG based INS....
what do you have

compare your short range missiles with shaurya....

what ever you say...they would still troll...:pdf:

And for idiots who say Isro cryogenic engines were built by
1.TOT from russia
2.Reverse engineering KVD1

Indian cryogenic engine(CE 7.5)....

indian-cryogenic-engine22_26.jpg

Russian cryogenic engine(KVD1)....left

extension_kvd1_2.jpg

No offense, but India can't even build a jet engine, I'm having a bit of a hard time believing that India made a rocket engine before a jet engine.

India got cryo from Russians.

The cryogenic stage used in a recent satellite launch by India was a copy of the Russian cryogenic rocket engine and the cryogenic technology transferred to India in the 1990s. According to Non-proliferation review of 1997, it has emerged that Russia continued transferring rocket engine technology to India in 1993 after its agreements with the United States stop such transfer under MTCR. This reportedly resulted in the completion of 60 to 80 percent of the transfers to India.

As to taking your word, I'm sorry I'd rather take the word of the expert scientists at the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

Haq's Musings: India's "Indigenous" Copies of Foreign Nukes, Missiles

Good for us and bad for Pakistan. Collaboration is important. Now we are self sufficient.

No offense, but India can't even build a jet engine, I'm having a bit of a hard time believing that India made a rocket engine before a jet engine.

You have internet...

Well i think I have been on this forum for a long time. It will help in improving quality of this forum. Rather than bringing poverty and malnutrition into missile threads we should discuss the reasons for failures.
One thing you have to understand ..In pakistan use of science and tech is seen from military point of view.pak saw the use of nuke iand missile it got those now when its military sees the use of space launchers in its overall defence paradigm it will get the launchers too..be sure of that.

The bishop’s office was converted into an office and the church became the workshop in which a handful of enthusiastic young scientists assembled their first rocket. In just about six months’s time, on November 21, 1963, India had launched the first rocket and put its signature on space. It’s still a matter of astonishment that so much was achieved with so little. The only equipment for transporting the rocket, they remember, was an old jeep and a manually operated crane that developed a leak during lift-off!

This is the stuff of legends that make up the history of the Indian Space Research Organisation.
And this is how they started...

Nose cones and rocket parts being carried during the initial phases of the space program:

rocketonbicycleinkeralad.jpg

57bycycle.jpg

20040116004011603.jpg

57apj.jpg

appletransport3.jpg

And today...

ch6.jpg

We've come a long way, baby!!
happy-047.gif

all space launchers in the world uses strap ons...:woot:

Payload?
compare with agni V?
talking about accuracy?
look at AKASH sam and BMD....
we also have mems based on board electronics...our own RLG based INS....
what do you have

compare your short range missiles with shaurya....

Well I don't know about the technical stuff, but SAM's and BMD's are not that good of a achievement against our advanced missiles. Even Israel's Iron Shield missile defence system could not protect against Hezbollah's rocket launchers, I don't understand how Akash and your BMD can protect against Babur (stealth cruise missile) especially when BMD and SAM's have low success rate

India got cryo from Russians.

The cryogenic stage used in a recent satellite launch by India was a copy of the Russian cryogenic rocket engine and the cryogenic technology transferred to India in the 1990s. According to Non-proliferation review of 1997, it has emerged that Russia continued transferring rocket engine technology to India in 1993 after its agreements with the United States stop such transfer under MTCR. This reportedly resulted in the completion of 60 to 80 percent of the transfers to India.

As to taking your word, I'm sorry I'd rather take the word of the expert scientists at the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.

Haq's Musings: India's "Indigenous" Copies of Foreign Nukes, Missiles

Atomic scientists commenting about SLVs???

what is the experience of that expert???qualification???

was he a spy working at ISRO???

copy??open your eyes and see??

if it was a copy of reliable russian one (KVD1) why would it fail???
And for idiots who say Isro cryogenic engines were built by
1.TOT from russia
2.Reverse engineering KVD1

Indian cryogenic engine(CE 7.5)....

indian-cryogenic-engine22_26.jpg

Russian cryogenic engine(KVD1)....left

extension_kvd1_2.jpg

also explain how India built a 200 kn gas generator cycle(a diffrent tech) based engine from a 75 kn engine tech transfer,.......?????:tdown:

IndianCryoEngine25.JPG

One thing you have to understand ..In pakistan use of science and tech is seen from military point of view.pak saw the use of nuke iand missile it got those now when its military sees the use of space launchers in its overall defence paradigm it will get the launchers too..be sure of that.

I dont deny that they have the capability. They possess hardworking people. But what I think is that rather than spending billions on space launchers and infra military will prefer to pay china 50 million and launch it and instead buy more planes and artillery. Its the lack of vision. I dont think Pakistan will get into a catch up race.

You have internet...

Even if I do, internet doesn't always speak the truth. Your in a high class university but you still seem like a 10 year old.

I dont deny that they have the capability. They possess hardworking people. But what I think is that rather than spending billions on space launchers and infra military will prefer to pay china 50 million and launch it and instead buy more planes and artillery. Its the lack of vision. I dont think Pakistan will get into a catch up race.

Well lets just say this. Pakistan doesn't really need to put rockets up in space. That only builds up ego, which is useless. Look at NASA. What has NASA achieved outerspace? Nothing. They have not even found any life or anything. They are not a space administration, rather they have turned out into a weather organization. That's why Obama keeps cutting it's funds every year.

I'm not sure if you have seen the latest news buddy. Kaveri is being used as a UAV engine becuase it didn't meet the requirements of a jet engine.

Well I don't know about the technical stuff, but SAM's and BMD's are not that good of a achievement against our advanced missiles. Even Israel's Iron Shield missile defence system could not protect against Hezbollah's rocket launchers, I don't understand how Akash and your BMD can protect against Babur (stealth cruise missile) especially when BMD and SAM's have low success rate

advanced missiles??any thing similar to shaurya???

stealh babur???lol

low success rate??
Try to make some quasi ballistic BM or hypersonic cruise missiles to penetrate BMD

Gowarikar, now vice-chancellor of Pune University, says it was a meeting with Vikram Sarabhai, the father of the space programme, that inspired him to leave the sophisticated Sommerfield Research Station where he was working on advanced rocket components, for the cowshed in Thumba. Thanks to the dedication and skill of scientists like Gowarikar, the space programme is one of the outstanding successes of the country.

Such people are the real unsung heroes of our space programme ... real tribute to them , hats off !! :tup:

I remember reading APJ Abdul Kalam's autobiography "Wings of Fire" and came across few such instances -

"The launch of Agni was the common stake not only for our scientists , but for their families too.V R Nagaraj was the leader of the electrcal integration team.Dedicated technologist that he is ,Nagaraj would forget basic requirements like food and sleep while on the integration gig. His
brother-in-law passed away while he was at ITR. His family kept information from Nagaraj so that
there would be no interruption in his work towards the launching of Agni."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom