What's new

Israeli university leaders warn of Iran's educational overtake

I've seen this news on israeli media, it's important to understand the direction it's coming from.
The Israeli universities are not private, and receive their funds from government budget.
The new government is recently discussing the division of the new budget, and it seems high education is going down to a very low point.
The point of the article is basically saying "Hey, look, government! Even IRAN is better than us, we gotta give more money to high education!".
It's important to understand that most Israeli people grasp Iran as some backward place that is all about executions, burkas, flag burning and huge deserts. A good example of how propaganda works even in a place where everyone has good internet access but won't actually bother to google "Iran" and take a godamn read.

Anyway, the point of the article is good, saving the Israeli universities instead of investing more money in religious schools. The way it was done was very populist though.

I've seen this news on israeli media, it's important to understand the direction it's coming from.
The Israeli universities are not private, and receive their funds from government budget.
The new government is recently discussing the division of the new budget, and it seems high education is going down to a very low point.
The point of the article is basically saying "Hey, look, government! Even IRAN is better than us, we gotta give more money to high education!".
It's important to understand that most Israeli people grasp Iran as some backward place that is all about executions, burkas, flag burning and huge deserts. A good example of how propaganda works even in a place where everyone has good internet access but won't actually bother to google "Iran" and take a godamn read.

Anyway, the point of the article is good, saving the Israeli universities instead of investing more money in religious schools. The way it was done was very populist though.
Interesting view. I though there are many Israelis that are Iranian descendants. Like the former defence ministry or former president. Still there is such a perception? That is unfortunate.

Best engineers I worked with were from Israel and then German. There is a directness in their attitude that is unusual for Canadians but its from their highly skilled and high level of entrepreneurship. That is what I understood from them.

Interesting view. I though there are many Israelis that are Iranian descendants. Like the former defence ministry or former president. Still there is such a perception? That is unfortunate.

Best engineers I worked with were from Israel and then German. There is a directness in their attitude that is unusual for Canadians but its from their highly skilled and high level of entrepreneurship. That is what I understood from them.

Yes there are, I am myself part Persian, but the two last generations do not speak farsi anymore and absolutely don't know anything about the country.

Yes, Israeli engineers are very straightforward and open-minded. A bit lacking in theory in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom