What's new

ISRAELI FIRM INKS $630 MILLION DEAL WITH INDIAN NAVY

DavidSling

Reaction score
Country
Israel
BYANNA AHRONHEIM MAY 21, 2017 14:48

AI signed largest defense contract in Israel’s defense industry’s history after signing a $1.6 billion mega-contract with the Indian Army in April.

Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has signed a $630 million deal with the Indian state-owned aerospace and defense company Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) to provide the Indian army with the naval version of the aerial defense system Barak 8 for four Navy ships

Prior to signing the contract, which also includes the procurement of radar, missiles, and a command and control board for the system, India’s Western Naval Command successfully conducted a trial firing of MR-SAM from the INS Kochi as part of operational interception trial and demonstrating again the System's operational capabilities in a representative scenario with genuine target

The MRSAM, jointly developed by IAI and India’s Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and manufactured by Hyderabad-based Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), “successfully tracked and intercepted a low-flying high-speed target at enhanced range with pin-point accuracy,” the New Indian Express newsite quoted an official as stating last week.

According to IAI, the MFSTAR radar aboard the Indian naval ship identified the airborne threat and tracked it over its flying course. During its flight the missile engaged the target and using its homing system, aligned its course to navigated itself towards the target which it hit and destroyed.

More recommendations for you
White House map of Israel nixes post-67 linesWhite House map of Israel nixes post-67 lines
White House map of Israel nixes post-67 lines
Recommended by

In April IAI announced that it had been awarded the largest defense contract in Israel’s defense industry’s history after signing a $1.6 billion mega-contract signed with the Indian Army for the medium-range surface-to-air missile (MRSAM) advanced air and missile defense systems as well as additional long-range surface-to-air missile (LRSAM) air and missile defense systems for Indian aircraft carriers.

"The new contract adds to other deals signed in the last decade by IAI with India's defense forces, reinforcing IAI's global leadership position in air and missile defense systems,” Joseph Weiss, IAI president and CEO, said in a statement.

“The inclusion of Indian governmental company BEL for the first time, is a step up in our relationship with the Indian industry as part of the 'Make in India' policy. This unique project represents the close collaboration between India's DRDO, IAI and the defense forces of both countries. We will proceed to implementing it with joint efforts,” he added.

IAI has been working with the Indian defense industries and armed forces, such as the Coast Guard, Navy, Air Force and Army, for the past 25 years as part of strategic collaboration based on the transfer of technology to benefit Indians as part of New Dehli’s ‘Made in India’ policy.

Boaz Levi, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Systems, Missiles & Space Group added that IAI "takes pride, along with our partners in India, in the great results of the trial conducted last week, which reestablishes the System's reliability and quality as well as its advanced technological capabilities. IAI is in an accelerated process to supply the various air and missile defense systems to the client. We will continue to support our partners in India in advancing the industry and security of both countries."

India has become one of Israel’s largest buyer of military hardware with annual defense deals worth over $1 billion. Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi is expected to undertake a historic first visit to Jerusalem in early July to highlight the growing bilateral relationship between the two countries. According to Indian reports additional arms deals with Israel’s military industries are expected to be announced while he’s in Israel.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Po...inks-630-million-deal-with-Indian-navy-492409

barak 8 not good for ac 2 mach only 70 km and 16 km atitude not good inuagh

Why the anger bhai, I am just congratulating Israel on her latest fleecin...I mean technological export endeavor to India.

And I am just congratulating you for dreaming, I mean, living your dreams.

yeah Israel is to india what united states is to Saudi arabia ! it's a parallel to America herself ! can you believe that , I can't

Congrats Israel...had we followed India's footstep and continued importing, we would have lost billions.

What a cute poster you are! You are still importing in the billions! Since 2001 you have imported 31 BN USD worth of arms from other countries. Aaawwww....again caught with your pants down, naughty boy. In reality, we are following your footsteps of arms importing.

yeah Israel is to india what united states is to Saudi arabia ! it's a parallel to America herself ! can you believe that , I can't

We are importing from everywhere. Israel, US, Russia, France. We are still 10 to 15 years away from any kind of arms industrial complex. Maybe 20 from a mature one.

But, what you will not find us doing is being part of alliances against a third country. And I am not being specific to Iran, but also China.

Last edited:
Congrats Israel...had we followed India's footstep and continued importing, we would have lost billions.

infact you had lost billions to Russia even after producing arms in China....the reasons are poor quality and technical inferiority

I am not sure what the billions are... can you break down for me?

you being a patriot should know what are the weapons recently China bought from Russia.... its funny China sells S-300 dubbed missiles to other poor countries but will go for S-400 for their use... its sad China claim to build a superior 5th Gen fighter but they'll again go for Su-35 from Russia... its funny Chinese wern't able to perfect the art of reverse engineering although they claim to reverse engineer everything but not the Jet Engine... so they spend another millions in importing Russian engines

I am not sure what the billions are... can you break down for me?

Cutie cutie...only upwards of 21 BN USD from Russia 2001 to last year. And only more than half a billion more from Russia in 2016 alone. Pants down again of cutie boy!

@sarjenprabhu here is the data for little cutie who always gets caught with his pants down. I think, I should start ignoring him. Too many times pulling cutie's pants down.

you being a patriot should know what are the weapons recently China bought from Russia.... its funny China sells S-300 dubbed missiles to other poor countries but will go for S-400 for their use... its sad China claim to build a superior 5th Gen fighter but they'll again go for Su-35 from Russia... its funny Chinese wern't able to perfect the art of reverse engineering although they claim to reverse engineer everything but not the Jet Engine... so they spend another millions in importing Russian engines

hahhah, this is what I call the s*cker syndrome. They see nothing wrong in their own predicament and incompetence. Why do you think Russia can only sell S-400 and SU-35 to China and nothing else? I am still not sure how it can reach 30 billion tho.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom