What's new

Israeli Airstrikes on Syrian T-4 Airbase martyr 5 Iranians

Why Iran's Options In Syria Are Limited

I've talked before about why Iran's conventional military weakness means it lacks escalation dominance. This means Iran cannot escalate a conflict to its advantage, because the situation would spiral out of its control.

Shahid Mahdi Lotfi

Now we are seeing this limitation in action.

Click the link below for the full blog post.

https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2018/04/why-irans-options-in-syria-are-limited.html
Nice BLOG Amir jan, like to add even if Iran had the means of escalation it shouldn't do it. The current strategy of escalation aversion has paid off well. This is the game Iran plays better than any other nation involved in the region.

Escalation, means we are walking into the realm of US and its allies where admittedly they are much better players than Iran.

It is sad to lose lives like this however a necessary price for a worthy cause.

Nice BLOG Amir jan

Thank you very much.

This is the game Iran plays better than any other nation involved in the region.

As many say, Iran acts in the region like in a game of chess. Lots of patience and restraint. We did invent it, after all.

if Iran had the means of escalation it shouldn't do it

I think if we thought we could win in an escalation, we should do it. For example, if we could successfully escalate the current situation with the Israelis in Syria, they would stop attacking our assets in Syria. If we let them do it - which unfortunately we have little choice but do so - they may continue their attacks, thinking that they can attack with impunity.

Thank you very much.

I think if we thought we could win in an escalation, we should do it. For example, if we could successfully escalate the current situation with the Israelis in Syria, they would stop attacking our assets in Syria. If we let them do it - which unfortunately we have little choice but do so - they may continue their attacks, thinking that they can attack with impunity.

You think Israel will stop attacks in Syria if Iran attacks Israel again? Launch some ballistic missiles and see what happens.

How many IRGC personnel actually died in this operation? Was it 5 or 17?

How many IRGC personnel actually died in this operation? Was it 5 or 17?

I believe 7 confirmed by Iran’s media. There were also some Iranian controlled militias at the base though they weren’t considered IRGC.

Overall pretty coward attack, they struck a IRGC drone base. This violated the unwritten rules of war which Iran and israel had up to that point (game-changing arms shipments were fair game for Israel and Iran accepted that if Israel could find and detect them). Hence why Iran is now vowing a response, because it feels red lines were crossed.

But Israel has moved the goal post and claimed their new red line is any Iranian entrenchment in Syria which is simply not feasible to accomplish by air only.

Limited sporadic Air strikes won’t stop Iranian advance in Syria. At this point Israel is trying to delay Iran’s progress with hopes that either Iran will collapse from within or world powers will force Iran out of Syria. Neither alternative seems likely at this point.

You think Israel will stop attacks in Syria if Iran attacks Israel again? Launch some ballistic missiles and see what happens.

If Syria only had a minor insurgent problem (think ISIS in Sinai) and Israel attacked a UAV base, I think Iran could respond with much less risk. Israel might retaliate to that first response, but the message would be heard - back off.

But like I said, because of Syria's vulnerability, I think they would escalate and the situation would quickly get out of control.

the goal to install massive air defense network and monitor Israel air space 24/7 and then monitor Israel activity with drones ...
then if we really decide its time to kick this spoiled illegitimate child of the west , we will do it hardly and those **** can't even operate their fighters ....

we just want to neutralized their air force to limit their response and then barrage them with rockets from Syria , Lebanon , Gazza and or Iran ....

that why Israel is so desperate to turn Syria to world war because they knew that they are doomed .... we just need to be more patient and in time hit them hard , very very very hard ....

the goal to install massive air defense network and monitor Israel air space 24/7 and then monitor Israel activity with drones ...
then if we really decide its time to kick this spoiled illegitimate child of the west , we will do it hardly and those **** can't even operate their fighters ....

we just want to neutralized their air force to limit their response and then barrage them with rockets from Syria , Lebanon , Gazza and or Iran ....

that why Israel is so desperate to turn Syria to world war because they knew that they are doomed .... we just need to be more patient and in time hit them hard , very very very hard ....
How would you, rather IRI, neutralize Israel's nuclear arsenal? Or the US support for Israel? Does anyone believe that if Israel's security comes into question the US would be "neutral"? Neither will Britain, France, Germany, etc. I believe IRI isn't that stupid/naive, but then again never say never when it comes to the mullahs.

How would you, rather IRI, neutralize Israel's nuclear arsenal? Or the US support for Israel? Does anyone believe that if Israel's security comes into question the US would be "neutral"? Neither will Britain, France, Germany, etc. I believe IRI isn't that stupid/naive, but then again never say never when it comes to the mullahs.
You are bringing nukes to every thread .... Look like finally you unwillingly start to admit Israel weakness against Iran ....

About nukes , well , I always repeating myself :" Iran should have nukes "

A news article says the drone was RQ-170 copy.

Anyone have more information? How did a RQ-170 copy get detected so easily and downed by a helicopter?

https://www.google.com/amp/m.jpost....wned-was-on-armed-sabotage-mission-549747/amp

Iran created 2 types: One was a literal 1:1 stealth replica equipped with a jet engine and the other was a 1:2 scale version equipped with a piston engine (hence negating its stealth) for quick hit and run attacks.

Israel confirmed that the downed drone had piston engine and hence was not stealth, despite having the same structure as the RQ-170

A news article says the drone was RQ-170 copy.

Anyone have more information? How did a RQ-170 copy get detected so easily and downed by a helicopter?

https://www.google.com/amp/m.jpost....wned-was-on-armed-sabotage-mission-549747/amp

Here's a more comprehensive article explaining the differences in drones based on the RQ-170 that Iran has developed (though slightly bias & condescending in a 'How can brown people do this?' kind of way)

I am sorry BUT you are a TOTAL IDIOT. Instead of fixing the economy and the social issues you worry about some tiny state thousands of KM away from you. No wonder the economy is going down the drain.

That guy doesnt understand that Israel is not afraid of any enemy at all. Yes, the IRGC is a threat to Israel... with all the money that is being stolen from Irans national wealth the IRGC formed itself as a challenge to Israel.

These people are true idiots. Instead of building up and live in total peace and wealth they choose to die in a jet air strike. What is the IQ of these people?

I am sorry BUT you are a TOTAL IDIOT. Instead of fixing the economy and the social issues you worry about some tiny state thousands of KM away from you. No wonder the economy is going down the drain.

That guy doesnt understand that Israel is not afraid of any enemy at all. Yes, the IRGC is a threat to Israel... with all the money that is being stolen from Irans national wealth the IRGC formed itself as a challenge to Israel.

These people are true idiots. Instead of building up and live in total peace and wealth they choose to die in a jet air strike. What is the IQ of these people?

Mister wise , do you think I am the one who ruling Iran !?

I'm sorry but the only idiot here is you my friend. you are repeating cheap propaganda points of western and Zionist circles.

about irans economy please read my post a little earlier in the page to get your answer.

on irans military involvement. it is actually one of the best invesments the Iranian government has made. are you seriously ignorant of the world, middle east, geopolitics and the way irans enemies are trying to hurt and destabalize iran at every chance they get?

do you think if iran just let wahabi and Zionist rats take over Iraq and Syria. that would be the end of it? we would all be living in peace and singing kumbaya? NO. they would bring the war right up to your border. we would be fighting these rats in Kermanshah. you think getting destabalized, and fighting terrorists around your own territory Is a recipe for success?

with a minimal investment, iran has pushed these sub-ham rats far from its border. and not only eliminated a security threat, but created allies everywhere that would return the favor and help iran incase Iranian security was threatened.

and in case you didn't notice, iran is facing an onslaught from the entire western,zionist and wahabi worlds. and despite this, we have one of most secure, and stable countries in the region. even turkey who has no enemies besides the ones it makes for itself (like Syria) has much bigger border security issues compared to iran.

this peace and security is thanks to this investment. An investment that has cost relatively few Iranian lives, and EXTREMELY effective in terms of bang for buck when you consider the amounts Iranian enemies are spending and failing with.

Back
Top Bottom