What's new

Israel Defense Forces

@sancho sent me a PM, but I could not answer him because I can send PMs only after 10000 messages. So I will reply here.

sancho said:
Hi, I've got a question in regard to SPIKE NLOS specs and I hope you can help me out here.
I've read that the longer range was achieved through a bigger propulsion system, but most sources doesn't say anything about new size specs, only about the increased weight. Can you tell me what the length an and diameter of that system is?
The length of Spike NLOS canister is virtually similar with Spike-ER:

dscn0952v.jpg

19332911.jpg

But as u can see NLOS' container is much more bulky and heavy (71 kg vs 34 kg).

From pics I estimate the size of Spike NLOS canister is about 1670x210x210 mm (square). For comparison Spike ER is 1670x170 mm (round).

Also, if you have some latest infos about the rumored Barak 8 LR version for Indian land forces, or the 6th gen A2A missile that Israel wants to develop, I would be very interested. I read that the new A2A missile should have a dual seeker, but I'm not quiet sure what range the missile will have, Python V or Derby replacement and will Isreal add it to their F35s?
Dual seeker has Stunner/David's Sling missile:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...sfully-tests-davids-sling-defense-system.html

There are some plans to use it as replacement for Python/Derby (without a booster). Barak 8 has single active radar seeker.

Last edited by a moderator:

They don't just parachute: the Paratroopers Brigade's Reconnaissance Battalion practice urban warfare in a live-fire drill, meant to stimulate the reality of fighting in densely populated areas. During the exercise, the combat engineering company practiced taking over a building, all the while taking care to minimize uninvolved casualties.
Photographer: Sgt. Shay Wagner, IDF Spokesperson's Unit

wpy52mhnh353tkhsvsqf.jpg

cdg253usw6y9yvd8y2xf.jpg

ogx9cd5ywzo5gp3i2p2d.jpg

ab33zsr27s9odto7e60v.jpg

y5u0nbp5ew08mm70vnyk.jpg

sn17ydcqryl1eqd7cjr4.jpg

0dmvn9zkopaniz87egkd.jpg

1jx6ldndoo7tmzepi25f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect the IDF as a military force, but their uniform just gives a tacky and unkempt look. Apart from the one observation, very impressive pictures.

I have a question, No Doubt IDF has cutting edge equipment and are battle hardened...but why don't they change their uniform...I mean...its still the old olive green uniform.....why doesn't IDF shift to the digital camo ?

I have a question, No Doubt IDF has cutting edge equipment and are battle hardened...but why don't they change their uniform...I mean...its still the old olive green uniform.....why doesn't IDF shift to the digital camo ?

Some units use new uniform
SA0000_0244x0240x0072_000xFFFFFF_fibrotex2@jpg.jpg

I think the because friendly fire. Arabs army use that kind of uniforms.

Back
Top Bottom