Israel decides to purchase new F-15IA fighter jets

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

F-15I Raam. Source: xnir.com

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Israeli Air Force will purchase a fleet of a new F-15IA (Israeli Advanced) fighter jets, according to an official announcement.

According to Ynetnews citing the Israeli Government, the purchase of advanced version of F-15 has already been approved by the government, and the first of the aircraft is expected to arrive in Israel as soon as 2023. In the meantime, the Israeli Air Force (IAF) will continue purchasing F-35 aircraft.

In addition to continuing purchasing F-35 multirole stealth fighters, IAF decides to upgrade its dependable F-15 fleet with an improved model capable of carrying 13 tons of explosives with advanced avionics.

The purchase will be funded from US military aid money, which comes to some $3.8 billion annually, over the next decade as the new planes are delivered.

Today’s F-15 offers next-generation technologies including an advanced cockpit, AESA radar, digital electronic warfare suite, the world’s fastest mission computer and modern sensors to remain ahead of current and evolving threats. With more speed, more range and more payload.

F-15IA is an affordable, low-risk solution that maintains capacity and adds a capability to the IAF. With various upgrades to the earlier models, such as more efficient engines and fly-by-wire avionics, which is considered the biggest change to the jet in 20 years, the F-15IA has a 25% decrease in operating cost per flight hour compared to the F-15I.

https://defence-blog.com/news/israel-decides-to-purchase-new-f-15ia-fighter-jets.html

15IA is an affordable, low-risk solution that maintains capacity and adds a capability to the IAF. With various upgrades to the earlier models, such as more efficient engines and fly-by-wire avionics, which is considered the biggest change to the jet in 20 years, the F-15IA has a 25% decrease in operating cost per flight hour compared to the F-15I.

If I received $3.8 billion a year, I would think so too :disagree: pay from your own pocket and then tell us just how affordable it is :agree:

The latest F15 from Boeing are quite impressive, they come with 20,000hr airframe hours!!! not bad.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom