What's new

Islamization of Jinnah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinnah might have spearheaded the political campaign for separate homeland but iqbal gave the ideological basis. And pakistan tries to follow that ideology, which might not have worked out the way iqbal expected.

those who are portraying Jinnah as someone having pro secular or western/capitalistic ideals for pakistan are only lying to themselves by ignoring all the categorical statements of Jinnah. These people are blindfolded by their disliking for Islam since they can only see Islam from the perspective of Mullah and fail to see beyond.

Jinnah had no knowledge of his religion, Islam, and was, to an extent, irreligious. He did not offer Namaz, never observed fasts, was never seen in the mosque and never donned achkan and churidar pyjama before he assumed the role of a Muslim leader. So much so that he never joined his Muslim colleagues for Namaz during the sessions of the Muslim League when its meetings were adjourned for prayers. He always wore Western suits with a sola hat, smoked cigars, drank scotch, and ate ham-sandwiches even during the days of Ramadan. He had married a non-Muslim girl and allowed his modern wife to be present in the Muslim League meetings without purdah in ultra-modern dresses and to ride on horseback to Churchgate.

He was well aware of the root cause of communalism in the country and once gave an amazing solution for its eradication. He told Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, his close friend: ‘You destroy your Pandit and we will destroy our Mullah and there will be communal peace.’ Religion never mattered in his public or private life. He left the Congress because he disagreed with Gandhi’s mixture of politics with religion. Gandhi used the Khilafat, a religious issue, to unite the Hindus and Muslims in India. Jinnah opposed it both in the Muslim League and Congress even at the risk of his political career. Kamal Pasha, who had abolished the Khilafat [rule of the khalifa], and introduced democracy and modernism in Turkey, became his role model.

After leaving the Congress he had not turned into a communalist. He organised a secular party known as the Independent Party in the Central Legislative Assembly. It consisted of members belonging to the Hindu, Sikh, Parsee and Muslim communities. His party always co-operated with the Congress vis-à-vis the British authorities and their allies. Jinnah contested the elections as a member of the Independent Party till 1936, declined to lead the Muslims in the Assembly, and refused to work exclusively for the Muslim community. His nationalist ideas and secular outlook won him a special place in the hearts of the liberal-minded countrymen, especially the youth. In 1936 he was chosen to preside over the All India Youth Conference in which the All India Students Federation was formed.

Jinnah made it absolutely clear and on a lot of occasions that he wanted a secular Pakistan . Iskander Mirza writes that once he asked Jinnah "Sir now we Have Pakistan , do you want it to be an Islamic state?" to which Jinnah replied "What non sense .. I want a modern state" . In all his public speeches, statements and even in his press conferences, he reiterated that Pakistan would not be a theocratic state. In 1944 the Mullahs opposed the Dawn [the Muslim League’s daily paper] policy of not propagating religion. They approached Pothan Joseph, the Christian editor of Dawn, and complained that Dawn was a Muslim paper but its editorials, specials articles, news stories and Sunday features were devoid of Islamic content and Quranic injunctions. Jinnah refused to be dictated by the Mullahs. They were told that Dawn was not only for Muslims but for non-Muslims too. No wonder they cursed Jinnah as Kafir-i-Azam. In the elections in 1945 Jinnah refused to take the help of Ahrars and Jamat-i-Islami as the two organisations had desired the new state to be governed by Islamic principles. They denounced Jinnah and characterised his concept of Pakistan as napak [impure], filthy and damned.

In order to keep away from religious inter-vention in the Muslim civil society, he had successfully opposed the Shariat Bill and the Qazi Bill in the Indian Central Legislative Assembly despite opposition from the Mullahs. In Pakistan he openly declared that religion was a private matter and Islamic principles could not be applied in the political domain. A few days after the formation of Pakistan, a group of leading Ulemas waited on him and asked him to apply the Sharia to the functioning of the new state. Jinnah told them strongly: ‘Whose Sharia? Hambalis? Sha’afis? Ma,alikeis? Ja’afris?... I certainly do not propose to hand over the field to Ulemas.’ A majority of the Muslim leaders too were for Pakistan to be an Islamic state. But Jinnah made it clear to them that neither he nor his Working Committee, nor the Council of the All India Muslim League had ever passed such a resolution wherein it was committed to make Pakistan a theocratic state. .

Jinnah had no knowledge of his religion, Islam, and was, to an extent, irreligious. He did not offer Namaz, never observed fasts, was never seen in the mosque and never donned achkan and churidar pyjama before he assumed the role of a Muslim leader. So much so that he never joined his Muslim colleagues for Namaz during the sessions of the Muslim League when its meetings were adjourned for prayers. He always wore Western suits with a sola hat, smoked cigars, drank scotch, and ate ham-sandwiches even during the days of Ramadan. He had married a non-Muslim girl and allowed his modern wife to be present in the Muslim League meetings without purdah in ultra-modern dresses and to ride on horseback to Churchgate.

He was well aware of the root cause of communalism in the country and once gave an amazing solution for its eradication. He told Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, his close friend: ‘You destroy your Pandit and we will destroy our Mullah and there will be communal peace.’ Religion never mattered in his public or private life. He left the Congress because he disagreed with Gandhi’s mixture of politics with religion. Gandhi used the Khilafat, a religious issue, to unite the Hindus and Muslims in India. Jinnah opposed it both in the Muslim League and Congress even at the risk of his political career. Kamal Pasha, who had abolished the Khilafat [rule of the khalifa], and introduced democracy and modernism in Turkey, became his role model.

After leaving the Congress he had not turned into a communalist. He organised a secular party known as the Independent Party in the Central Legislative Assembly. It consisted of members belonging to the Hindu, Sikh, Parsee and Muslim communities. His party always co-operated with the Congress vis-à-vis the British authorities and their allies. Jinnah contested the elections as a member of the Independent Party till 1936, declined to lead the Muslims in the Assembly, and refused to work exclusively for the Muslim community. His nationalist ideas and secular outlook won him a special place in the hearts of the liberal-minded countrymen, especially the youth. In 1936 he was chosen to preside over the All India Youth Conference in which the All India Students Federation was formed.

Jinnah made it absolutely clear and on a lot of occasions that he wanted a secular Pakistan . Iskander Mirza writes that once he asked Jinnah "Sir now we Have Pakistan , do you want it to be an Islamic state?" to which Jinnah replied "What non sense .. I want a modern state" . In all his public speeches, statements and even in his press conferences, he reiterated that Pakistan would not be a theocratic state. In 1944 the Mullahs opposed the Dawn [the Muslim League’s daily paper] policy of not propagating religion. They approached Pothan Joseph, the Christian editor of Dawn, and complained that Dawn was a Muslim paper but its editorials, specials articles, news stories and Sunday features were devoid of Islamic content and Quranic injunctions. Jinnah refused to be dictated by the Mullahs. They were told that Dawn was not only for Muslims but for non-Muslims too. No wonder they cursed Jinnah as Kafir-i-Azam. In the elections in 1945 Jinnah refused to take the help of Ahrars and Jamat-i-Islami as the two organisations had desired the new state to be governed by Islamic principles. They denounced Jinnah and characterised his concept of Pakistan as napak [impure], filthy and damned.

In order to keep away from religious inter-vention in the Muslim civil society, he had successfully opposed the Shariat Bill and the Qazi Bill in the Indian Central Legislative Assembly despite opposition from the Mullahs. In Pakistan he openly declared that religion was a private matter and Islamic principles could not be applied in the political domain. A few days after the formation of Pakistan, a group of leading Ulemas waited on him and asked him to apply the Sharia to the functioning of the new state. Jinnah told them strongly: ‘Whose Sharia? Hambalis? Sha’afis? Ma,alikeis? Ja’afris?... I certainly do not propose to hand over the field to Ulemas.’ A majority of the Muslim leaders too were for Pakistan to be an Islamic state. But Jinnah made it clear to them that neither he nor his Working Committee, nor the Council of the All India Muslim League had ever passed such a resolution wherein it was committed to make Pakistan a theocratic state. .
Jinah had no knowledge off Islam initially but when he started leading Muslims he also gained knowledge off Islam mr secondly he used to pray even in masjid many times with other Muslim leaders although not much regular and in almost all his speeches he never said Pakistan would be a secular state and in fact in most off his speeches he has said Pakistan law will be based on principals off Quran and sun nah and finally it doesn't matter what Jinnah wanted for Muslims what are orders off Allah and his rasool saw what is said in Quran and Sunnah @ajpirzada

Jinah had no knowledge off Islam initially but when he started leading Muslims he also gained knowledge off Islam

And Jinnah`s counselor on religion affairs was Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz !! An apostate as per Mullahs . Jinnah was never convinced of Mullah understanding of Islam . Jinnah was extremely opposed to your kind (i.e Mullahs) . And you guys try to claim Jinnah !! No wonder Mullahs are shameless hypocrites !!

secondly he used to pray even in masjid many times with other Muslim leaders although not much regular and in almost all his speeches he never said Pakistan would be a secular state and in fact in most off his speeches he has said Pakistan law will be based on principals off Quran and sun nah

This has been discussed in detail already . So instead of acting like a parrot , Read the previous posts again

finally it doesn't matter what Jinnah wanted for Muslims what are orders off Allah and his rasool saw what is said in Quran and Sunnah

For your kind , it may not . But for others , it does matter .

and you have so conveniently sidelined everything which i quoted from Jinnah. Jinnah was indeed against theocracy which he himself considered to be unislamic. and this is the point you are essentially making. No where does he mention that he want Pakistan to be 'secular' in the sense you are portraying to everyone. ill repeat myself again:

if you define secularism as adopting 'islamic ideals' and moving away from 'economic system of the west' while at the same time '‘evolving banking practices compatible with Islamic ideas of social and economic life’ then please by all means let me know so i could put my weight behind implementing this form of secularism in Pakistan. But if you mean by your secularism as the secularism of the west then please forgive me and excuse Jinnah from your notion of 'Secularism'

Who the hell care what an Aesha Siddiqa write in 2014, but unfortunately some Pakistanis does !!

Reactions: HRK
And Jinnah`s counselor on religion affairs was Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz !! An apostate as per Mullahs . Jinnah was never convinced of Mullah understanding of Islam . Jinnah was extremely opposed to your kind (i.e Mullahs) . And you guys try to claim Jinnah !! No wonder Mullahs are shameless hypocrites !!

This has been discussed in detail already . So instead of acting like a parrot , Read the previous posts again

For your kind , it may not . But for others , it does matter .
Jinah mainly counsler was never cartoon prevaiz it's a lie told by his followers he hardly met Jinnah few times mr it was others who were main counsellor of Islam for Jinnah not Kharji pervaiz Jinnah was not opposed you liar Jinnah asked allama shabbir Ahmed usmani to do flag hoisting who is a fundamentalist molvi and finally what matter is what Allah and his rasool saw have said what Quran and sunat says

and you have so conveniently sidelined everything which i quoted from Jinnah. Jinnah was indeed against theocracy which he himself considered to be unislamic. and this is the point you are essentially making. No where does he mention that he want Pakistan to be 'secular' in the sense you are portraying to everyone. ill repeat myself again:

if you define secularism as adopting 'islamic ideals' and moving away from 'economic system of the west' while at the same time '‘evolving banking practices compatible with Islamic ideas of social and economic life’ then please by all means let me know so i could put my weight behind implementing this form of secularism in Pakistan. But if you mean by your secularism as the secularism of the west then please forgive me and excuse Jinnah from your notion of 'Secularism'
I have quoted several speeches off Jinnah in which he clearly talks about Islamic principals and Pakistan being ruled according to them but like cowards he runs away

Beta, only one burning is you.... I'm all comfortable...... I can simulate the future..... extrapolate the outcomes.....what I see in my crystal ball is the society in Pakistan going completely berserk, from all the hardships and killings perpetuated by the false army of God, and eventually becoming secularists or atheists....

Don't worry, my crystal ball is telling me something about your kind as well...... you'll be strung from your beards and whipped with oily whips, upside down in town squares..... you do know that it has happened before........
perhaps so but you would live to see that day nor would i.
perhaps in a hundred years you might see that. but rest assured in the next 5 decades you will never see that.
because the newer generation of pakistanis are more conservative my generation i mean. we the future pakistanis are different from you bhutto era uncles. extremism will certainly be gone in the next decade and pakistan will become a moderate islamic country.

in the end though no matter what happens i could care less, these type hyped up statements might work on zarvan but most of us will get in from one ear and out the other ear lol you know that punjabi saying.

.....what I see in my crystal ball is the society in Pakistan going completely berserk, from all the hardships and killings perpetuated by the false army of God, and eventually becoming secularists or atheists....
@Zarvan
if you don't stop what your doing I'm afraid what hyperion said will happen.
i know you probably can't see it but me sitting here in america i can already see pakistan change bit at a time.
every time i go i notice the difference , something you sitting there might not notice.

extremism and threatening people will only push people away. you with that attitude will only defame the name of islam.
its best that people like you be stopped when you make statements of hunting people.

if you want to stop the spread of secularism then i suggest you stop with all your extremist preaching and try a new approach. don't forget that you should want people to be muslims because you care for them and want them to go to jannat, you have to give them the chance not kill them on site for not being muslims or for being secularists.

i suggest that you look at iran. its a very good example. when the shah of iran was in power he was liberal fascist who went as far as banning the hijab, so what did the people do? they went against him and said we want islam!
after they got islam and sharia and it was shoved down their throats by force they started to turn against islam and now want secularism.
you see my friend people will always be like kids no matter how old they are. they want things they can't have!

take this advice and abandon your ideology if you really want to please allah.
don't forget one thing you shouldn't punish non muslims or any person for insulting islam all you need to do is stay true to your beliefs and if these people are really wrong then allah will punish them, these insecurities people like you have are the biggest threat to islam and our way of life.

Jinah mainly counsler was never cartoon prevaiz it's a lie told by his followers he hardly met Jinnah few times mr it was others who were main counsellor of Islam for Jinnah not Kharji pervaiz Jinnah was not opposed you liar Jinnah asked allama shabbir Ahmed usmani to do flag hoisting who is a fundamentalist molvi and finally what matter is what Allah and his rasool saw have said what Quran and sunat says

I have quoted several speeches off Jinnah in which he clearly talks about Islamic principals and Pakistan being ruled according to them but like cowards he runs away

Stop lying yara . You may have sectarian issues with Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz and his followers , but don`t make up your own history and expect that others will take your crap seriously !!

Ghulam Ahmad Pervez was the right hand man of Muhammed Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, and was one of the leading activists of the Pakistan movement

He had come in close contact with Allama Muhammad Iqbal, who inspired him. In 1938 Parwez started publishing the monthly Tolu-e-Islam where he propagated his interpretation of the Qur'an.

After the independence of Pakistan in 1947, he worked in the Central Government and was also a counselor to Muhammed Ali Jinnah. Parwez took early retirement as assistant secretary in 1955 to focus more on the religious work

Ghulam Ahmed Pervez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there is no point in going in circles . You have been answered in detail , but you are too stubborn (or may be dumb) to accept things that go against your preconceived beliefs .

Can any Pakistani please help verify the following quotes of Jinnah?

When we say 'This flag (Muslim League's flag) is the flag of Islam' they think we are introducing religion into politics - a fact of which we are proud. Islam gives us a complete code. It is not only religion but it contains laws, philosophy and politics. In fact, it contains everything that matters to a man from morning to night. When we talk of Islam we take it as all embracing word. We do not mean any ill. The foundation of our Islamic code is that we stand for liberty, equality and fraternity.

-Address to the Gaya Muslim League Conference in January 1938

“We do not demand Pakistan simply to have a piece of land but we want a laboratory where we could experiment on Islamic principles.

-In 1946, Quaid-e-Azam Islamia College Peshawar
I cannot understand the logic of those who have been deliberately and mischievously propagating that the Constitution of Pakistan will not be based on Islamic Sharia. Islamic principles today are as much applicable to life as they were 1300 years ago.

-Address to Karachi Bar Association in January 25, 1948

Religion should not be allowed to come into Politics….Religion is merely a matter between man and God.

-Address to the Central Legislative Assembly, 7 February 1935

I found these quotes circulating the web, but not sure how authentic they are because every other statement goes contrary to the previous one.

Last edited:

Islamization of Jinnah.

There are over 25 Muslim countries in the world who are officially secular . Jinnah`s vision of Pakistan was a progressive Muslim country which would be officially secular .

Stop lying yara . You may have sectarian issues with Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz and his followers , but don`t make up your own history and expect that others will take your crap seriously !!

Ghulam Ahmad Pervez was the right hand man of Muhammed Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan, and was one of the leading activists of the Pakistan movement

He had come in close contact with Allama Muhammad Iqbal, who inspired him. In 1938 Parwez started publishing the monthly Tolu-e-Islam where he propagated his interpretation of the Qur'an.

After the independence of Pakistan in 1947, he worked in the Central Government and was also a counselor to Muhammed Ali Jinnah. Parwez took early retirement as assistant secretary in 1955 to focus more on the religious work

Ghulam Ahmed Pervez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there is no point in going in circles . You have been answered in detail , but you are too stubborn (or may be dumb) to accept things that go against your preconceived beliefs .
Gulam Ahmed was never the right many of Jinah dumbo he hardly met him few times and all the bullshit written about wikki about this Kharji Pervaiz is by his followers Mr he was never an adviser nor had any importance near Jinah He Hardly met this guy this idiot was mostly promoted by cartoon Ayub Khan

@Zarvan
if you don't stop what your doing I'm afraid what hyperion said will happen.
i know you probably can't see it but me sitting here in america i can already see pakistan change bit at a time.
every time i go i notice the difference , something you sitting there might not notice.

extremism and threatening people will only push people away. you with that attitude will only defame the name of islam.
its best that people like you be stopped when you make statements of hunting people.

if you want to stop the spread of secularism then i suggest you stop with all your extremist preaching and try a new approach. don't forget that you should want people to be muslims because you care for them and want them to go to jannat, you have to give them the chance not kill them on site for not being muslims or for being secularists.

i suggest that you look at iran. its a very good example. when the shah of iran was in power he was liberal fascist who went as far as banning the hijab, so what did the people do? they went against him and said we want islam!
after they got islam and sharia and it was shoved down their throats by force they started to turn against islam and now want secularism.r
you see my friend people will always be like kids no matter how old they are. they want things they can't have!

take this advice and abandon your ideology if you really want to please allah.
don't forget one thing you shouldn't punish non muslims or any person for insulting islam all you need to do is stay true to your beliefs and if these people are really wrong then allah will punish them, these insecurities people like you have are the biggest threat to islam and our way of life.
Mr I am an extremist and prove me wrong through Quran and Sunnah before coming to Islam I was a really secular guy also attended dance parties and did lot of liberal stuff but than I started praying Salah but still I made tried to leglzies all the actions which I used to do by studying Quran and trying to interpret as I wanted to it to be but soon after hearing to those scholars which were coverts to Islam that Islam meray baap ka maal nahi hay so now I just say what Quran and Sunnat says not my personal opinion Mr

07_04.gif

Quaid always prayed in seclusion due to his Fiqqa jaffriyaa beliefs. Mullah Usman shabbir usmani personal accounts is testament to this fact how quiad e azam prayed privately mostly plus the above account of his Quran and prayers valid account might prove your most of theories wrong

Gulam Ahmed was never the right many of Jinah dumbo he hardly met him few times and all the bullshit written about wikki about this Kharji Pervaiz is by his followers Mr he was never an adviser nor had any importance near Jinah He Hardly met this guy this idiot was mostly promoted by cartoon Ayub Khan

Mr I am an extremist and prove me wrong through Quran and Sunnah before coming to Islam I was a really secular guy also attended dance parties and did lot of liberal stuff but than I started praying Salah but still I made tried to leglzies all the actions which I used to do by studying Quran and trying to interpret as I wanted to it to be but soon after hearing to those scholars which were coverts to Islam that Islam meray baap ka maal nahi hay so now I just say what Quran and Sunnat says not my personal opinion Mr

Okay , we got your message . Ayub Khan and Ghulam Ahmed were cartoons , Every one who disagrees with you (Including jinnah) is dumb and all that is written in history books is BS !!!! Now you can go back to your cave and continue licking your Mullah`s arse .... !!;)

Quaid always prayed in seclusion due to his Fiqqa jaffriyaa beliefs. Mullah Usman shabbir usmani personal accounts is testament to this fact how quiad e azam prayed privately mostly plus the above account of his Quran and prayers valid account might prove your most of theories wrong

You really trust this "Ghairat Mand Brigade" (Orya, Safdar , Ansaar etc.) ?? They are the biggest liars and their lies have been exposed a lot of times but they are shameless pathological liars . I will reply to this column when I have time , till then read this :

Dr. Safdar Mehmood

and this also :
Forgotten heroes- Sir Zafrullah Khan (rh) | Page 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom