What's new

Islamabad to be turned into model green city

I had problems getting my wife and guests to leave that city and come back to karachi on our vacation. You make us look bad Islamabad.. dirty it up a little so we do not feel out of place.

Islamabad had & will ever green city due to metropolitan Area...

We need same condition for other big and dense population city in Pakistan...

dont lie dude
indians are only issued visa for lahore or karachi...sikhs can go to hassan abdal or nankana

no indian is allowed into islamabad.

Don't know but there are plenty of Indians in Islamabad, mostly attached to the diplomatic missions and International Schools. Can't say anything for visitors though.........

^^^ Yeah those Ugly looking guys Spitting Pan and Gutka every where Is a shame for whole Pakistan It should be banned!
that's the most disgusting thing !!

That's a problem that's pretty common in Central Punjab too.....Not too long ago, I had the unpleasant experience of wearing slippers to a market in Faisalabad, only to have my foot literally painted in some guy's chewed up pan. The guy spat on my foot, looked me square in the face and left without a word of regret! I was too shocked to even interject!

Don't know but there are plenty of Indians in Islamabad, mostly attached to the diplomatic missions and International Schools. Can't say anything for visitors though.........

That's a problem that's pretty common in Central Punjab too.....Not too long ago, I had the unpleasant experience of wearing slippers to a market in Faisalabad, only to have my foot literally painted in some guy's chewed up pan. The guy spat on my foot, looked me square in the face and left without a word of regret! I was too shocked to even interject!

Lmao. Dude im not even a fauji banda but would have still slapped the life out of that.guy.

I am thinking about coming to Pakistan this winter (I have property stuff to take care of and to visit InshAllah). What part of Islamabad is the best for buying land?

My city Islamabad! Truly the greatest, The Green Capital! It's already fitted with Solar street lights and traffic signals. I wonder what other energy conservation measures the Govt have in mind....
i think every house building of isb can be mounted with solar panels.

The main reason why Islamabad is clean is because the population is limited to a little over 1 million. LOL. Just imagine if there were as many people as Karachi and Lahore....

dont lie dude
indians are only issued visa for lahore or karachi...sikhs can go to hassan abdal or nankana

no indian is allowed into islamabad.

They r allowed into capital dude where their main embassy lies in our country if we go into public places we do find indian nations there some for tourism some from embassy. I have met few, latest one was just a week ago at Pakistan Monument in Islamabad.

So far they are some how been able to preserve the natural gift of beauty that this place (Islamabad) have got.
But the unnecessary extension & the selfish attitude of certain organizations is threatening to ruin the scenery.

The data showed approximately 40,000 tonnes of stones are taken away from the Margallas per day to the Sindh province. The environmentalists feared that if the trend continues, the coming generation would not see any more hills but only concrete blocks.

A study carried out in the past revealed that one of the main attractions in the business of stone crushing at Margalla Hills is that agencies like National Highway Authority (NHA), City District Government Rawalpindi and Pak-PWD have made it mandatory for their contractors to only use the gravels of Margalla Hills in the construction projects. The Margalla range mainly comprises sandstones and shale, which are very suitable for construction of buildings and bridges.

We ,the residents of Islamabad must strive to sustain the environment in which we are living.The visitors must learn a thing or two and should apply it to their cities ,homes or residential places.

For new settlers ,it takes sometime to synchronize with the environment of Isloo. Once you've achieved that,you'll love the peace of mind , the gift of beauty and modernity at the same time.

why-islamabad-is-beautiful.jpg

welcome+to+islamabad.jpg

Islamabad is a nice city but to make it a 'green model' the existing sprawl, primarily based upon auto culture needs to stop. For example, city roads look a bit like motorways hence to fix these issues, perhaps a BRT or a TRAM would be ideal. Like Amsterdam, we should also take concept of making seperate bike lanes

As a resident of Islamabad, i have to say that Isl has just changed a bit for the worse, especially after the changing of CDA chairman (forgot the names). The signals that were uprooted for replacement were not swiftly replaced, excavations everywhere and the nonexistent management of the excavation sites gives it a really bad look.

Then the water pipelines are really old and have started to leak, and coupled with water short in supply, this adds to the grievances.

The roads also have to be properly marked, the roads in the F sectors are marked well, but I am talking about the city as a whole.

Plus point though is that it is still green although a bit wild shrubs are growing here and there. The road medians have them as well, they need to be looked after. The new flower pots on major roads are looking good, so are the parks. The new Itwar Bazaar right beside Kashmir Highway is relief!!

My city Islamabad! Truly the greatest, The Green Capital! It's already fitted with Solar street lights and traffic signals. I wonder what other energy conservation measures the Govt have in mind....

The signal near the Serena hotel has a Solar tubewell installed as well!!!

BTW< when were the solar traffic lights installed? Maybe that's why the old ones were uprooted.

Back
Top Bottom