What's new

Islamabad to be turned into model green city

Islamabad is doubtlessly the most beautiful in the South Asia n one of the most beautiful ones in Asia n World. Its very advanced n very high Tech. city as well as very Beautiful Naturally n very well planed city. Also the living standards r very high of the people here.

Our Federal Capital Islamabad is an example for other South Asian Countries.

If they are planting trees, i don't understand why 'Palm Trees' in Islamabad???? I mean its not native to that area and those are the kind of trees that are put in regions where nothing can grow.

I would recommend Maple Trees!, let Palm Trees remain in Florida lol.

There also another random question in my mind. Why are bottom of some trees in Pakistan painted white?

There also another random question in my mind. Why are bottom of some trees in Pakistan painted white?

Chalking is used to prevent ants from climbing the trees as a natural barrier.

going green will also provide a alternative solution to the ongoing energy crisis, and this should be implemented in more cities.

I Thought the white paint at the base is because They are government property and now one is allowed to cut them down.

8014773243_da3714c6d3_b.jpg

DSCN3481.jpg

:smitten:

My city Islamabad! Truly the greatest, The Green Capital! It's already fitted with Solar street lights and traffic signals. I wonder what other energy conservation measures the Govt have in mind....

When PTCL building was in construction i thought they were going to install solar panel on top but they didn't..... if they do could save lot of energy.

Islamabad is doubtlessly the most beautiful in the South Asia n one of the most beautiful ones in Asia n World. Its very advanced n very high Tech. city as well as very Beautiful Naturally n very well planed city. Also the living standards r very high of the people here.

Our Federal Capital Islamabad is an example for other South Asian Countries.

Beautiful, yes. Highly advanced and high-tech: not. Let's just face the facts, it's the capital of a third world nation, it isn't going to be "very advanced/tech", logically speaking.
Living standards, again, probably the best in Pakistan and one of the best in the Subcontinent; but compare it to other cities in the world; Islo is probably not even in the top 500.

Islamabad is doubtlessly the most beautiful in the South Asia n one of the most beautiful ones in Asia n World. Its very advanced n very high Tech.

It is very beautiful but not hi-tech...

to be hi-tech a city should have mass rapid transit systems,tall skyscrapers,glass and steel airports

Islamabad doesnt need mass rapid transit because it is a small city
Skyscrapers-1 is under construction(centaurus-47 floors)
Glass and steel airport-is under construction

You are getting there....

to be hi-tech a city should have mass rapid transit systems,tall skyscrapers,glass and steel airports

Bus Rapid Transit is soon to come (planning is complete), 3+ more skyscrapers are planned and the height restriction is being sorted out with civil aviation authority, Islamabad seems to be on the right track.

What do you mean by glass and steel? Do you not expect civil works?

Please, read the subject... carefully... we are talking about model green city... !
I hope you under stand the meaning of model and green!

I can't convince my parents to buy a house in isl instead of khi, we karachiites can't adjust to the dull and boring(or so my parents claim) life of Islamabad

Back
Top Bottom