What's new

Islamabad ranked "second most unfriendliest city"

Dance

Reaction score
New Jersey often gets a bad rap, but a new survey from Condé Nast Traveler shows that its largest city, Newark, is the most unfriendly city in the world.
Condé Nast Traveler recently came out with a list of the Friendliest and Unfriendliest Cities In The World, and Newark took the number one spot as the world's most unfriendly city.

The list was part of its annual Readers' Choice Survey, in which over 46,000 readers voted on everything from cities and islands to airlines and cruises.

Newark received an abysmal score of just 13.4 out of 100 for its friendliness. Many readers said that the only reason to go to Newark is for its "cheaper/less busy airport" and that there are "a lot of rude people there.”

Islamabad, Pakistan, took the number two spot with a score of 17.9.

Eight U.S. cities ranked in the top 20 unfriendly cities, including Newark (#1); Oakland, CA (#3); New Haven, CT (#7); Detroit (#8); Atlantic City, NJ (#9); Los Angeles (#12); Albany (#13); and Wilmington, DE (#17).

The survey results also revealed some of the friendliest cities in the world. Florianopolis, Brazil, ranked as the friendliest city with a high score of 95.8 out of 100.

Within the U.S., Charleston, South Carolina, took the highest spot (#5) on the friendly list with a score of 91.5. The only other U.S. cities to make the friendly list were Savvanah, Georgia at #16, and Asheville, North Carolina at #20.

The Unfriendliest Cities In The World - Business Insider

Horrible city, everything closes at 9, people think you're a bandit if you ask for directions, horrible, horrible city.

That's my experience at least.

I went there once and it was pretty boring.

Compared to Karachi, it seemed like a village. Can't say anything in regards to the people though since I haven't really interacted with the locals there.

People in Islamabad are very much reserved people but that's because its not over crowded city like Rawalpinid, Karachi or lahore. Islamabad is very much like in western countries where everyone mind their own business . Its peaceful and quiet. I completed my my bachelor degree in Islamabad..its clean compare to other city and also green

I dont know about the city, but the girls of Islamabad are the most beautiful, because you have pakistanis from all over coming to Islamabad

agreed........... :D

Islamabad is a very boring but beautiful city, absolutely nothing to do there though (except women)

This is a BS Survey, I never thought Islamabad to be unfriendly. Question is unfriendly to whom ?

If it is unfriendly for the 1000's of CIA contractors like Raymond Davis, it should be.

Otherwise it is one of the most charming cities, globally.

I should know, I have travelled around most of the World.

This is a BS Survey, I never thought Islamabad to be unfriendly. Question is unfriendly to whom ?

If it is unfriendly for the 1000's of CIA contractors like Raymond Davis, it should be.

Otherwise it is one of the most charming cities, globally.

I should know, I have travelled around most of the World.

Islamabad is mostly considered dimplomatic city with almost over half of the population is from other cities working in Islamabad.

You can see the city looks like a ghoost town on two days before eid. So obviously, a bit unfriendly or an appropriate word for Islamabad is a COLD city

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom