What's new

Islam Flourishes in China's Ningxia Region

True. You east Asians have been tremendously lucky that you were FAR from the middle East and Semitic culture. You guys have your old ways of life and it has benefitted you immensely. Preserve it and keep Semitic influence out for it will destroy you like it is destroying the Middle East, Central Asia, and the West.

Utter nonsense. The Middle East is not being destroyed by Islam, but by western imperialism. Lack of education etc. are also a problem. Western civilization has caused more bloodshed and violence in this century alone compared to the rest of humanity ever since humans were created.

Disabuse yourself of that notion. I have read the Bible closely for a period of forty years, and I am a graduate in history. My favourite subject was European history and I am very familiar with the history of the early Church, as well as its subsequent development to date.

I am, indeed, arrogant, and that has nothing to do with knowing why you hate this, that or the other. If you hate ALL religions, you are a rationalist, as are many of us, and may be agnostic or atheist. If you hate one religion over all others, you are a bigot. Again, as are many of us. It is as simple and as plain as that. Where does arrogance come into it?

You will be surprised to learn that your mysterious hatred, which you refuse to explain, is not entirely unknown to humanity as a defence. Others have used it before, and come out looking ridiculous. It is not a particularly sound strategy.

"I do not like thee, Dr. Fell,
The reason why, I cannot tell,
But this I know, and know full well,
I do not like thee, Dr. Fell!"

I suggest you practise shorter sentences first, and get your grammar and syntax under better control.

I know you are arrogant and stupid, it's easy when your country speak english like mother tongue , maybe you want speak an another language ? chinese maybe ? or no sorry you don't know speak chinese!

So speak french with me we can see your stupid lvl ( Oh ! no sorry you don't know speak an another language that your mother tongue you are just like an american or a french when he has no an argument )

so we don't speak with our mother tongue speak in french with me ( i guess my assumption is correct you are not intelligent )

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/187892-thousands-christians-pray-democracy-china.html ( a first part why i hate )

Premièrement parle moi sur un autre ton pauvre con , je suis pas ton amis ok ? si tu voulais éviter le conflict. il ne fallait pas me parler ainsi.
De plus vu ton arrogance et ton ignorance je te suggère vivement de te la fermer.
Tu es assez arrogant pour me provoquer et d'être étonné que je te parle aussi mal, tu crois sérieusement que je me serai rabaissé par une personne comme toi, laisse moi rire, vu le peu d'intelligence que me sors dans tes phrases tu devrais ( et c'est un conseil ) d'éviter les conflicts inutiles.
Contrairement à toi j'ai étudié ceci en France, je suis allé dans des églises chrétiennens catholique ainsi que des profésseurs en philosophie ou d'histoire. qui montrer des lapidations, des gens brulé sur un buché.

Oui, j'ai bien compris que tu étais un chrétien mais vu le peu d'argument et je doute même de tes paroles que tu es étudié 40 ans.

you Understand ?
And yes don't worry I don't care your country.
early church it's finish ok ?le christianisme est représentative d'aujourd'hui

China and its little-known Muslim history

A lecturer at London's School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), Mr Lane, whose speciality is medieval Iran, first came to China in the mid 1980s. But it was only 10 years ago, when he began to study the role Persians played in the city of Hangzhou near Shanghai, that he started to realise the historic importance of Muslims in the world's most populous nation.

"I was surprised how many mosques there were. I never thought of China as an Islamic country, but they're everywhere. Yet they have a low profile," he said

The role of Islam in China, as well as China's relations with Muslim countries, is the subject of a two-day conference in the capital, "China and the Muslim World: Cultural Encounters".

The event, organised by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and Istanbul's Research Centre for Islamic History, Art and Culture, began yesterday with scholars from China, the Muslim world and other regions in attendance.

A key theme is the historical ties between the Islamic world and China. The first Muslims arrived in the seventh century and today there are about 20 million Muslims living in China. About 95 per cent of the counties and most major cities in China have Muslim populations, said Jacqueline Armijo, an associate professor in the department of international affairs at Qatar University. Most are descendants of Muslims who settled there during the Yuan Dynasty, which lasted from 1271 to 1368.

"China and the Muslim world engaged in productive relations over a long period. They were the dominant players in global trade. It's only the last 200 years the West experienced success in global trade," said Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, the secretary general of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, in an opening speech.

"That was only due to the work of the Eastern world, that is to say the Muslim world and China, and the harnessing of colonial lands."

Through interactions with the Muslim world, technologies developed in China, such as the printing press, spread to Europe, noted Mr Ihsanoglu.

Tensions between China and its Muslim populations have been evident in the past, and still flare.

Gao Zhangfu, a professor with the Chinese Association of Islam, said that in the Ming Dynasty, which ran from 1368 to 1644, "the government adopted this policy of discrimination against ethnic minorities", forcing them to speak Chinese.

These days, the western Xinjiang province, a homeland of Muslim Uighurs, is among the most restive parts of the country. Rioting broke out in July 2009 and there has been continued violence, although tensions largely stem from nationalist sentiment rather than religion. Nonetheless, it illustrates that China does not have good relations with all of its Muslim minorities.

What participants at the conference emphasised, however, is that China, with established ties to the Muslim world and its own significant Muslim population, does not view the Muslim world as a threat.

"China has always been very cognisant of the fact it has long-standing relations with the Middle East," said Ms Armijo.

"They have always maintained good relations with the Arab countries, and [while] there are angles on how cynical they've been about using this [Chinese] Muslim population, in general they don't have that fear
."

In the 20th century there have been tensions though. Gulf states were, said Ms Armijo, relatively late to establish diplomatic relations with communist China, which was formed in 1949.

Mahmoud Ghafouri, a political science professor in Iran, wrote in a Middle East Policy Council essay that until the more pragmatic Deng Xiaoping took control of China in the late 1970s, relations with the Middle East were "paralysed" by China's rigid Marxist ideology.

The modern-day growth in trade between China and the Arab world, increasing from US$36.4 billion (Dh133.7bn) in 2004 to $145.4bn in 2010 and seen as a revival of the Silk Road that linked the regions, offers opportunities for many Chinese Muslims.

For example, some of the Hue minority Muslims who have studied Arabic are now securing jobs as translators for Arab traders active in China, Ms Armijo said. In Ningxia, a central region with a major Hue population, Arabic courses tailored for work in business or tourism are being offered.

"There's now tremendous interest in studying Arabic for commercial reasons," Ms Armijo said

China and its little-known Muslim history - The National

But Islam will never be as free and pure as it is allowed in European countries or India for that matter. State interference will be there. What do you explain of the state officials sitting with the local clerics during their sermons?

From my perspective China is being smart in interfering with the religious authorities as it helps remove the intentions to do jihad in the state. However, from Muslim perspective, I think a little more light on how organized religion is allowed in the purview of state's nod should be explained here better.

Hiding that aspect of life isn't going to shower laurels on China.

Yes like going to jail for eating beef,getting killed,raped and prosecuted coz they are a minority.... destruction of an ancient mosque and allocation of its land to the hindus and none convicted... no representation in any govt field... i catch ur drift.

Yes like going to jail for eating beef,getting killed,raped and prosecuted coz they are a minority.... destruction of an ancient mosque and allocation of its land to the hindus and none convicted... no representation in any govt field... i catch ur drift.

Atleast they are allowed to practize their religion and dont have to wait till 18.

BTW jail is for eating/storing beef -- those eating can be Muslim, xtian, Hindu, Sikh..It does not matter. But then I you must already know it.

Destruction of an unused structure that was built over the ruins after destroying an existing temple. I'm pretty sure such mosque is not permissible according to Islam. As for representation in govt field, basic common sense says if one is qualified he will get a govt job -- as govt jobs allocated through transaparent allocation process.

And you are one multiple time ri**ed A** H*le, Who doesn't know civilized way of discussion.

If you don't have logic to discuss, get you self kicked out into some other thread and enjoy there.

And pls those cent business is making you poor.......... mentally.

Say me your definition of "civilized".
Because I doubt we have the same vision of "civilized" especially when your friends who is at fault since he come to attack me with his extreme arrogance, contempt and ignorance.
Attack me with my poor english so it's not my mother tongue sorry it's an insult + a contempt + arrogance .

and say me a little of your définiton "logic" because given the pitiful discution between your friends with me. sorry but it's just pitiable and pathetic.

and avoids insult me "poor mentally" because you're also at fault for me.

Say me your definition of "civilized".
Because I doubt we have the same vision of "civilized" especially when your friends who is at fault since he come to attack me with his extreme arrogance, contempt and ignorance.
Attack me with my poor english so it's not my mother tongue sorry it's an insult + a contempt + arrogance .

and say me a little of your définiton "logic" because given the pitiful discution between your friends with me. sorry but it's just pitiable and pathetic.

and avoids insult me "poor mentally" because you're also at fault for me.

Let me paste it for you..............

Not civilized........I know you are arrogant and stupid,

Illogical....... Your entire post.

He is one of the very senior and respected member of this forum. he deserves respect.

Actually, the three countries in my list just do better in women's rights compared to most other muslim countries. However, there still is in no way comparable to women's rights in western countries.

My generalization about treatment of women in muslim countries is nothing wrong. The only difference is that in certain muslim countries, the condition is less worse and in certain other muslim countries, the condition is a lot worse.

You got no part of it wrong, and answered your own question in your concluding remark.

My point is not that Islam is superior to other religions, or that Islam treats women fairly. It was simply that people should be allowed to worship in their own way in privacy. If someone voluntarily chooses Islam and to follow it, an administration should do nothing to discourage them individually. Certainly they have a right to engage with the religion concerned, at a central level and to seek to ameliorate its worst failures. But it cannot be banned, unless it encourages perversion and sadistic behaviour. Even at the level of women's rights, you were able to find example of Islamic nations which did not discriminate against women. So to generalize about any religion's treatment of women is not correct.

Let me paste it for you..............

Not civilized........I know you are arrogant and stupid,

Illogical....... Your entire post.

He is one of the very senior and respected member of this forum. he deserves respect.

answer have my questions. I will not repeat .

Yes i'm arrogant because he is arrogant with me .
Stupid ? you are arrogant say me I'm stupid
you want I insult you ? civilized yourself first ok ?

there are nothing illogical in my old post, you are just stupid ( yes I insult you now ) or a hypocritical that deliberately didn't understand just for protect your "friend' or "fellow citizen ".

I don't care, he has a title "very senior" and "respected member of this forum".
No, he don't deserves my respect his speech was arrogant because provocative against me.

Yes, I know I'm provocative with my old commentaries because it concerned my country.

I think largely his intervention is because he think I attack all others countries to prevent the Christian expansion.
so to reassure him I told him this " I don't care your country became christian or no " because I think seriously that .
I don't care the world is christian as long as it's not my country ! Happy ?

Civilized yourseft before to give lessons to others

Your link have no connection with my problem that I have just highlighted.

I'm talking about a problem of religious coexistence with Christianity and local religions.

You can not deny the fact by historical effects or topicality make this religion is violent.
Since " Age of Enlightenment " Roman Catholic Church was extremly criticized for many reason violence , policy ,new testament ....

Some famous authors like Diderot criticized the Roman Catholic Church for it's violence .

if some apply the Old Testament and attack atheists etc. etc.
They are simply Christian because he respect the old testament catholic or no catholic .
My point is, broadly speaking, anybody who believes in basic Christian tenets is a Christian. Evangelical Christians like the South Koreans and the Americans are just one kind of Christian, the loudest and most obnoxious kind. So they give Christians a bad image. In fact, Catholics are much more peaceful, just like Latin American countries are more peaceful than USA.

Unlike what Evangelical Christians claim, the Bible is not supremely important in Christianity, and it's not intended for everybody to read it and figure out what it means. Especially the Old Testament. You need to put it into context. The Vatican does not advocate attacking atheists or any other organized religion. Look it up.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

My point is, broadly speaking, anybody who believes in basic Christian tenets is a Christian. Evangelical Christians like the South Koreans and the Americans are just one kind of Christian, the loudest and most obnoxious kind. So they give Christians a bad image. In fact, Catholics are much more peaceful, just like Latin American countries are more peaceful than USA.

Unlike what Evangelical Christians claim, the Bible is not supremely important in Christianity, and it's not intended for everybody to read it and figure out what it means. Especially the Old Testament. You need to put it into context. The Vatican does not advocate attacking atheists or any other organized religion. Look it up.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

ok I'll read when I have the time

But you know in the old thread "Thousands of Christians Pray for Democracy in China" I hate chrsitianism for many reason. polical ( Vatican, used by USA ( christian extremist ),..... ) , history / actuality, cultural identity, ....

don't generalize I can find defects in the population same in Latin American

But one thing China need make sure that she will never allow islam to play any role in China's major matters. That is for sure to keep China stable.

We do not give a fxxk to the pope or mulla or whoever it may be.

Who the heck do you refer to???

You must be kidding by calling Chairman a shllt person!!!

We China will always limit the development of any religion. Otherwise, sooner or later some of them will become dominating.

There is no way China will allow herself to become some kind of religious fxxked-ups like those in mid-east.

That will never be possible.

You only have limited resources and you won't be able to feed that many mouths.

In this situation, do you want to control the growth of your population like what China does or you do nothing by let those new borns come to this world facing hunger???

Without controlling her population, China today won't be 1.4 billions, it may be well over 2 billions or even more. Who the heck will feed those extra people???

Where are all the necessary accommodation for them???

What part I get wrong about muslim about "men and women are not equal"???

Why do so many women get abused in muslim countries??? The ratio of women being abused in muslim countries are way over that in most non-muslim countries.

How about women's rights to access to vote, education, driving, dressing themselves, marriage and etc???

How many times women in muslim countries can choose those by their free will without being afraid of any repercussion???

Propaganda??? I do not need it to see through the truth.

To tell the truth, so far, Iran, Turkey, Malaysia can be models that women in these countries enjoy a great deal of rights.

Once China become a democratic country, which I believe it will become sooner or later, though not sure if it will be same version of democracy as the West, they will have freedom of religion, so people will have the right to choose and freely practice their religion. So there will be more Muslims, Christians, Falun Gong, Buddhist etc. Not sure how it can be controlled or kept limited in this situation.

By controlling its population China did a great service to humanity, and all the countries that are breeding like rabbits, including my own should learn from this example. We got too many damn people in this world, it is destroying our environment. I have no children and do not plan to have any, so I practice what I preach.

About Muslim women's rights, I was talking about Pork being not a very healthy food, but you brought up women's rights and class distinction among Muslims, so this was uncalled for to begin with, as I was not discussing those issues. Not sure about class distinctions, but women's rights is the most common accusations Islamophobes use to defame Islam, that is why I mentioned propaganda, as it is very common in current pop culture, thanks to Zionist run world main stream media.

There are women's rights issues in underdeveloped part of Muslim societies, just like any other underdeveloped societies, it more has to do with underdevelopment (not related to money, as even GCC countries I consider as underdeveloped even though they have oil money) and resulting backwardness of societies and its peoples. Why Muslim societies are backward, that goes into Muslim history, and its a long story. But I will just give you one example, before Afghanistan became the hell hole it is today, it used to be a relatively liberal place:
Once Upon a Time in Afghanistan
100527_19-Afghanistan-148.jpg

100527_14-Afghanistan-108.jpg

Guess what happened, it became a geopolitical football between, USA and Soviet Union and their junior partners, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, the rest is history. Societies are fragile things and it is easy to destroy them, if one is not careful. In brief, Muslims due to their own fault, lost their empires and unity and others tore them apart like sharks or hyenas, and what you see today is the torn pieces and the resulting garbage they create.

I well mention a few other things, the US, the champion of women's and human rights, gave women the right to vote only in 1920, like many other Western countries, so changes happened in Western societies very recently.
Women's suffrage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Women's rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Qur'an,[22] revealed to Muhammad over the course of 23 years, provided guidance to the Islamic community and modified existing customs in Arab society, which is detailed in these linked articles. From 610 to 661, known as the early reforms under Islam, the Qur'an introduced fundamental reforms to customary law and introduced rights for women in marriage, divorce and inheritance. By providing that the wife, not her family, would receive a dowry from the husband, which she could administer as her personal property, the Qur'an made women a legal party to the marriage contract.[23] [24] [25]
While in customary law inheritance was limited to male descendents, the Qur'an introduced rules on inheritance with certain fixed shares being distributed to designated heirs, first to the nearest female relatives and then the nearest male relatives.[26] According to Annemarie Schimmel "compared to the pre-Islamic position of women, Islamic legislation meant an enormous progress; the woman has the right, at least according to the letter of the law, to administer the wealth she has brought into the family or has earned by her own work."[27]
The general improvement of the status of Arab women included prohibition of female infanticide and recognizing women's full personhood.[28] Women were generally given greater rights than women in pre-Islamic Arabia[29][30] and medieval Europe.[31] Women were not accorded with such legal status in other cultures until centuries later.[32] According to Professor William Montgomery Watt, when seen in such historical context, Muhammad "can be seen as a figure who testified on behalf of women’s rights."[33]

Also see:
Women in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also here is current women's status in the world:

800px-Women_status_world_map_2011.png

It shows Iran and Turkey has the same situation as Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Egypt, Morocco and Algeria, while Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Indonesia and Malaysia scored higher and Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan have the highest among Muslim majority countries.

Note that India, Thailand, Burma, many African and South American non-Muslim countries scored lower than some Muslim countries. Even Russia and Italy scored lower than Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

So bottom line is that many Muslim countries are in bad situation, but it more has to do with socio-economic backwardness than religion itself, while Islamophobe propaganda masters use these bad examples to show Islam in a bad light.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom