What's new

Islam and science: The road to renewal - ECONOMIST

Religion - becomes strong by solidifying old myths and traditions

Science - becomes strong by destroying and superseding old myths and traditions.

Religion and science are like oil and water.

They cannot mix and should not be mixed.

Thus Islam as a religion cannot be mixed with science (period).

Islam command his followers to seek knowledge. maybe you should read more instead of posting nonsense.

{{-Read, In the name of your Lord Who created [] Created man from a clot [] Read, and your Lord is the most gracious [] Who imparted knowledge by means of the pen [] Taught man that which he knew not [] Nay, but verily man is rebellious [] In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient [] Verily to thy Lord is the return-}}Holy Quran.

Islam command his followers to seek knowledge. maybe you should read more instead of posting nonsense.

{{-Read, In the name of your Lord Who created [] Created man from a clot [] Read, and your Lord is the most gracious [] Who imparted knowledge by means of the pen [] Taught man that which he knew not [] Nay, but verily man is rebellious [] In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient [] Verily to thy Lord is the return-}}Holy Quran.

Yeap. Holy Quran says it. Who can doubt it in their sane mind.

But Question for you Mr. Juba is?

Yes the question is?

drum roll!

How many people who claim Holy Quran as their guide book, then actually go and do the scientific work.

Please do not tell me about this ayaah. I already know.

Ask yourself why there is no science where Islam is the strongest.

Proof is in the pudding. Dear. It is in the pudding. Taste it please and then come back and let me know.

Thank you

Religion - becomes strong by solidifying old myths and traditions

Science - becomes strong by destroying and superseding old myths and traditions.

Religion and science are like oil and water.

They cannot mix and should not be mixed.

Thus Islam as a religion cannot be mixed with science (period).

How do you explain science flower when Islam was at it's best?

Islamic Golden Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science only "flowered" where Islam was most linient and it is all before Islam got the bamboozeled or hijacked by the likes of Ghazali

So please. read up first.

Where ever Islam was "strong", Mullahs never allowed science.

Just see the center of Islam aka Makka Madina and you will see region has been scientifically and intellectually dead for 100s if not 1000s of years.

---- Strong Islam means NO science.

Thank you

Yeap. Holy Quran says it. Who can doubt it in their sane mind.

But Question for you Mr. Juba is?

Yes the question is?

drum roll!

How many people who claim Holy Quran as their guide book, then actually go and do the scientific work.

Please do not tell me about this ayaah. I already know.

Is that the Quran fault ? or the people that claim they follow the Quran Mr. Think Tank ?

Ask yourself why there is no science where Islam is the strongest.

Proof is in the pudding. Dear. It is in the pudding. Taste it please and then come back and let me know.

Thank you

I'm sure when a land is colonised for a hundred of years by a foreign power who suck its resources then drown in poverty and corrupt leaders afterwards, That land will produce a lot of scientist. :confused:

Strong Islam means NO science.

Iran is an example for you.

7494679152_05c1c21ce4.jpg

Read this book, may be u could think out of ur little box.

The reason of poor development in Muslim countries is because of weak faith. Educate your nation, tell them science and deen and see how it would flourish.

Don't blame everything for the Mullah. Not everybody is same.

And Al-Ghazali (RA) was the vice chancellor in the university.

If you have any problem with islam. ask it.

Iran is an example for you.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8160/7494679152_05c1c21ce4.jpg[IMG]
Read this book, may be u could think out of ur little box.

The reason of poor development in Muslim countries is because of weak faith. Educate your nation, tell them science and deen and see how it would flourish.

Don't blame everything for the Mullah. Not everybody is same.

And Al-Ghazali (RA) was the vice chancellor in the university.[/QUOTE]

The day "rational approach" left Muslim kingdoms, the day science was a gonner.

Bringing back scientific objects from 1000s of years ago is childish at best.

Science is changing so fast. so fast so fast so fast

That only in the last 70+ years man has gone from crawling on the land to reaching other planets.

in the time when even Moore's law is being superseded, you guys bring the horse carts in the discussion.

that's just unscientific (or shall we say pathetic).

So please do not turn this thread into cheap Islam-is-great Allaho-Akbar thread. Talk about science in 2013 please.

We ain't living in the year of the lord nine thousand thirteen.

Faith in science will make you better in science.

Faith in a religion will make you better religious person.

And in modern day these two paths go in different directions.

Thank you.

OK.

Here are few questions.

1. When was the region of Saudi Arabia colonized?
2. Was the region of Saudi Arabia producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

3. When was the region of North Western India colonized?
4. Was the region of North Western India producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

5. When was the region of iran colonized?
6. Was the region of Iran producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

8. When was the region of Turkey colonized?
6. Was the region of Turkey producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

You know Juba, I respect your posts, but in this one, you just happen to repeat the false stuff typically overheard in a corner juice shop.

Peace

Science only "flowered" where Islam was most linient and it is all before Islam got the bamboozeled or hijacked by the likes of Ghazali

So please. read up first.

Where ever Islam was "strong", Mullahs never allowed science.

Just see the center of Islam aka Makka Madina and you will see region has been scientifically and intellectually dead for 100s if not 1000s of years.

---- Strong Islam means NO science.

Thank you

I don't follow you, plz don't try to act smart, the link is right there, check Science flower under Islam strength. There is no such thing called lenient or extreme Islam, it's just Islam.

I don't follow you, plz don't try to act smart, the link is right there, check Science flower under Islam strength. There is no such thing called lenient or extreme Islam, it's just Islam.

Any school boy can wiki these days.

You know when the first modern encyclopedia was compiled?

You know why the compilation was done while hiding from the mob?

Thank you

Those days Islam was less politicized scholars had free thinking.

Hmm,to be honest that is a lame argument.What do you reckon the difference between Islam practiced in Turkey and Saudi Arabia.When it comes to religion there is always a lenient and an extreme end.

Any school boy can wiki these days.

You know when the first modern encyclopedia was compiled?

You know why the compilation was done while hiding from the mob?

Thank you

I sometimes strive here to use logic with you guys, should I come up with info from my head or bring ready sources to prove my point? Every piece of info in Wiki is attached with an independent link. However, if you didn't like Wiki, just type "Islamic Golden Age" and Google it.

The day "rational approach" left Muslim kingdoms, the day science was a gonner.

Bringing back scientific objects from 1000s of years ago is childish at best.

Science is changing so fast. so fast so fast so fast

That only in the last 70+ years man has gone from crawling on the land to reaching other planets.

in the time when even Moore's law is being superseded, you guys bring the horse carts in the discussion.

that's just unscientific (or shall we say pathetic).

So please do not turn this thread into cheap Islam-is-great Allaho-Akbar thread. Talk about science in 2013 please.

We ain't living in the year of the lord nine thousand thirteen.

Faith in science will make you better in science.

Faith in a religion will make you better religious person.

And in modern day these two paths go in different directions.

Thank you.

Quote me a single example where it shows science and religion are two different paths and couldn't be mixed with each other.

I am a Muslim Alhamdulillah and a commercial pilot by profession. I am not against science and technology or research and development.
I have a spiritual mentor who invoke the interest for Sci-Tech in me. So, don't be over-smart and let us practice our deen.

OK.

Here are few questions.

1. When was the region of Saudi Arabia colonized?

Saudi Arabia never been colonised before, though 90% of the Muslim world was colonised.

2. Was the region of Saudi Arabia producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

The Arabian peninsula was an empty desert with a poor bedouin living in it before oil and during the Islamic golden age, all the achievements were happening in the capitals of the Islamic Caliphate such as Damascus for the Umayyad, Baghdad for the Abbasid, Etc...

3. When was the region of North Western India colonized?

british+india.png

4. Was the region of North Western India producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

Maybe you could ask some North West Indian members here, though it's don't change anything since other areas in the Islamic world were producing scientists, however i find this interesting article

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?237691

5. When was the region of iran colonized?

Iran never been colonised, though 90% of the Muslim world was colonised.

6. Was the region of Iran producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

Yes a large number of the Muslim scientists during the Islamic golden age were Persian origin.

8. When was the region of Turkey colonized?

Turkey never been colonised, though 90% of the Muslim world was colonised.

6. Was the region of Turkey producing 100s of scientists just before the colonization?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_the_Ottoman_Empire

Back
Top Bottom