What's new

ISI vs the CIA - Tensions and Mistrust Rise

With the US activities, they can no longer be trusted and it is way over due that US trainers be cut down and asked to leave. If the US trainers were that great they would not be in the 11th year fighting the rag tag Taliban militia.

Pakistan can train its own military. Acquistion os all US military sanction prone hardware is a risky asset to start with.

Remember we are still awaiting since:

(01) 1971 for the US Fifth Fleet to arrive in East Pakistan
(02) We are still awaiting the AWACS US was suppose to supply in 1983
(03) Though the F-16s came after 20 years
(04) Super Cobra's will come 10 years from after we launch the North Wazirizstan Operation

US has tried to weaken Pakistan again and again.

It quotes NYT, WSJ & other 'credible' Western sources my friend.
You were the one saying western media especially nytimes is not credible-and yet you quote a blog which draws bezairre conclusions from a nytimes article which itself is quoting from some unmaned pakistani officials..When nytimes quotes words of some unmamed pakistani official,it does not become truth just because nytimes quoted it..It is simply reporting what pakistanis are saying.
btw where does the original nytimes article says-
CIA is Spying on Pakistan’s nuclear program..or Deploying Special Forces personnel in the name of training Frontier Corps but using them to spy instead..or CIA was Infiltrating Lashkar-e-Taiba?

things are going bad i think. But i am happy because atleast our military is not a dummy like our politicians, atleast they are seem to be sincere.

You were the one saying western media especially nytimes is not credible-and yet you quote a blog which draws bezairre conclusions from a nytimes article which itself is quoting from some unmaned pakistani officials..When nytimes quotes words of some unmamed pakistani official,it does not become truth just because nytimes quoted it..It is simply reporting what pakistanis are saying.
btw where does the original nytimes article says-
CIA is Spying on Pakistan’s nuclear program..or Deploying Special Forces personnel in the name of training Frontier Corps but using them to spy instead..or CIA was Infiltrating Lashkar-e-Taiba?

The CIA is not doing just one thing in Pakistan, it has multiple objectives it has to achieve in Pakistan.

things are going bad i think. But i am happy because atleast our military is not a dummy like our politicians, atleast they are seem to be sincere.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, I have a feeling a lot of them have been bought out.

WASHINGTON: The Central Intelligence Agency has no plans to suspend “operations” in Pakistan against terror suspects despite objections from leaders in Islamabad, a US official said Thursday.

Pakistan has criticised missile strikes by US drone aircraft in the country but CIA Director Leon Panetta has told intelligence officials that he has a duty to prevent attacks on the United States, the senior official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told AFP.

“Panetta has been clear with his Pakistani counterparts that his fundamental responsibility is to protect the American people, and he will not halt operations that support that objective,” the official said.

The CIA chief on Monday held several hours of talks at the agency’s headquarters outside Washington with Lieutenant General Ahmad Shuja Pasha, the head of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency.

US media had reported that Pasha and other officials told the United States to rein in drone strikes and slash the number of CIA agents and special forces operating in the country.

Apparently reflecting the CIA chief’s stance, American drones resumed missile attacks in Pakistan on Wednesday for the first time in a month.

Pakistan’s foreign ministry and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani both sharply criticised the latest bombing raid.

But analysts and former US intelligence officers say there is little chance the CIA would abandon the drone bombing campaign despite a series of diplomatic rows, and even if Pakistani leaders, for domestic political purposes, publicly criticised the strikes.

So another round of difference of opinions between the US and Pakistan? This just gets more and more interesting!

I think officially or unofficially CIA will continue its presence in Pakistan as long as the links to Pakistan keep cropping up.

“Panetta has been clear with his Pakistani counterparts that his fundamental responsibility is to protect the American people, and he will not halt operations that support that objective,” the official said

ISI chief responds " we are at your service Sir as you pay us $$$$. Do whatever you like to protect American people even if it means killing of Pakistanis"

“Panetta has been clear with his Pakistani counterparts that his fundamental responsibility is to protect the American people, and he will not halt operations that support that objective,” the official said

Just a banal sound byte for domestic US consumption to justify illegal operations, if conducted in violation of Pakistani objections.

Just a banal sound byte for domestic US consumption to justify illegal operations, if conducted in violation of Pakistani objections.

Lot of difference between what is decided in close door meeting & statements in press conference.

Back
Top Bottom