What's new

ISI head(Ex. DG) Asad Durrani's interview.....

oFFbEAT

Reaction score
Country
India

Few excerpts:-

"The least that I expect from an audience like this…is to give the Taliban and their supporters in Pakistan a big applause" - Durrani

"They (Pakistanis) deluded themselves in believing that they were allies (of the US). Actually, they were not" - Durrani.

School kids killed in Peshawar is 'collateral damage', part of the game - Durrani. (at 9:17)

"This is not the game for the weak hearted people" - Durrani.

You can also see the video of the interview here:-
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...akistan-exporting-terror-150324130451504.html

Last edited:
It's rare to see Mahdi Hasan on back foot.
That was very impressive interview .......

Few excerpts:-

"The least that I expect from an audience like this…is to give the Taliban and their supporters in Pakistan a big applause" - Durrani

"They (Pakistanis) deluded themselves in believing that they were allies (of the US). Actually, they were not" - Durrani.

School kids killed in Peshawar is collateral damage, part of the game - Durrani. (at 9:17)

"This is not the game for the weak hearted people" - Durrani.

You can also see the video of the interview here:-
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...akistan-exporting-terror-150324130451504.html

Every Pakistani knows what he said along with Indians and those who are interested in Pakistani affairs, whats new in it? i see no one was shocked when he was speaking.. and i liked his statement about moral and statecraft.. you cannot live with morals in this world, play game as you like..

no one is saint in this world, even your country alone is responsible for deaths of lakhs of sri lankans by Tamil insurgents.. you are killing Kashmiris since 80's.. you supported terrorism and separatism in Pakistan in shape of Mukti, BLA, MQM etc you were involve with norther alliance proxy in Afghanistan during Afghan civil war..

Last edited:
I find it amusing how the Pakistani Defence establishment never admits to any fault in their policy, to them, it's always the right thing to do based upon the situation....and if there is a blowback, common Pakistanis die, then it's just supposed to be like that....there is absolutely no accountability.

On this very question of accountability Durrani says(at about 31:00) that it is going to be a problem if ISI is accountable to the civilian govt....But he forgets that common Pakistanis suffer due to their self-destructive policies and so, ISI must be accountable to the representatives of these common people i.e the civilian Govt.

Last edited:
ISI must be accountable to the the representativeof s these common people i.e the civilian Govt.

Who are you to say this.. ? Pakistani? care about RAW and its accountability? arrest those raw officers who are on run to US...

Bravo....

As a chief of the primary intelligence agency of a country, wasn't it his responsibility to stop such kinds of attack. It seems he is boasting of the fact that schoolchildren are being killed.
Likes of him are the real "Dushman" of mothers who lost their children on that day
Every thing for him is just "part of the game"

Why don't this chap go to these mothers and tell them that its all part of his great game

Last edited:
Every Pakistani knows what he said along with Indians and those who are interested in Pakistani affairs, whats new in it? i see no one was shocked when he was speaking.. and i liked his statement about moral and statecraft.. you cannot live with morals in this world, play game as you like...
yes! Indians and the others know, that's why those sitting there were not shocked BUT I don't think common Pakistanis know about the 'statecraft' of their Army and the ISI. They are carefully misguided.
If they knew that their Defence establishment have no moral obligation towards them, that their children's demise is just 'collateral damage' and that they are just 'cannon fodder' in ISI's and the Army's 'high-stakes game', then things would be different.....that's why you need to bring the Indian twist to every problem in your country, to misguide the 'awam'...

no one is saint in this world, even your country alone is responsible for deaths of lakhs of sri lankans by Tamil insurgents.. you are killing Kashmiris since 80's.. you supported terrorism and separatism in Pakistan in shape of Mukti, BLA, MQM etc you were involve with norther alliance proxy in Afghanistan during Afghan civil war..
lol....you really don't understand the difference between killing your own family and others?

Last edited:
Its an old interview. I even had some objections with some of his answers since they gave out a negative impression of Pakistan.

I don't think common Pakistanis know about the 'statecraft' of their Army and the ISI. They are carefully misguided.
Hi, actually that's our internal issue and India should clearly stay out of it just like Pakistanis dont interfere in your "tiolet deficiency issue". ISI (just like RAW which pursues the Chanakyan ideology and does what ever it thinks is good for the state) similarly works for the protection of Pakistan. The think tanks in PA knows how to handle things just like your raw master-minded the whole "samjhota express" and "mumbai attacks" scenario to attain its own objectives. Yes people are not told the truth because ordinary people are unable to understand big things but Pakistan aint the only country in the world where such thing happens. RAW and CIA are two big examples.

In the world of state craft there is no room for human emotions & morality. Human emotions are caused by chemical reactions in our brain. It may be sound chemically, but that does not make them sound rationally.

Its an old interview. I even had some objections with some of his answers since they gave out a negative impression of Pakistan.
A military person is seldom a good representative for a nation...they are trained to fight and not for debates and discussion. It should better be handled by diplomats and politicians but your civil govt is corrupt to the core and incompetent.

Back
Top Bottom