What's new

ISI Clearance Mandatory For Visit To Pakistan

Would u be more precise brother?

No harm in saying who it might be???

IMO, other agencies(their proxies) have gotten into the scenario. And I think the news is simply a scaretactic. Not sure, whether it will work. Because as most intelligence agencies know that ISI already checks the appropriate lists.

If things are heating up in Gilgit, then the endgame in near. Pindi is being closed in from all sides and then the fireworks will start.

Karachi is out of bounds right now.

Its oK na

how they will come to Islamabad from DURAND LINE with so much Weapons & ammunition ...

There are ways. Infact, US sends its weapons royally from the front door itself. ISI knows how the weapons come. Its all legal. US is not stopped.

atleast ISI taking action what i have said many times. Wait and see in few months we will get resualts.

ISI need to keep eye on who visit Pakistan.

There are ways. Infact, US sends its weapons royally from the front door itself. ISI knows how the weapons come. Its all legal. US is not stopped.

What is the harm in attempting to close the front doors.
BTW.... it is not legal to import wepons in Pakistan.... it is possible only if you control the police... or interior ministry.
Army or ISI is not running the street survilance of Pakistan, it is the police.
ISI don't issue visa they will be simply comparing the name list... for example, if visitor comes on tourist visa or diplomatic visa but start hiring mercenaries or keep roaming around the mosques where children of army officers pray... than his trip to Pakistan may not last long and ISI may consider to block his legal rentry.
Of course if US wish they can shove such unwanted people as many many times through Afghan border but that may not be as convinient.
I don't believe.... that in any case ISI can block visa for the brave US tourists.

What is the harm in attempting to close the front doors.
BTW.... it is not legal to import wepons in Pakistan.... it is possible only if you control the police... or interior ministry.
Army or ISI is not running the street survilance of Pakistan, it is the police.
ISI don't issue visa they will be simply comparing the name list... for example, if visitor comes on tourist visa or diplomatic visa but start hiring mercenaries or keep roaming around the mosques where children of army officers pray... than his trip to Pakistan may not last long and ISI may consider to block his legal rentry.
Of course if US wish they can shove such unwanted people as many many times through Afghan border but that may not be as convinient.
I don't believe.... that in any case ISI can block visa for the brave US tourists.

Normal tourists do not visit places like Pakistan, Iraq or Afghanistan which are in headlines for wrong reasons. People who visit are generally journalists, NGOs, and the like. These people enjoy diplomatic immunity. And if they happen to be from US then they cannot ge touched.

As for weapons, US has soldiers on ground in Pakistan. Weapons come and ISI knows. Clearance are not required for an ally in war who pays billions annually. One might want to believe so, but it does not work that way sadly. The extent of US presence in Pakistan is underestimated by many pakistanis.

Anyway, the latest news is supposed to be a message to others not to get involved in Pakistan occupied Kashmir or northern areas.
But this news is sure to cause more bad name to an already tarnished name of ISI.

Normal tourists do not visit places like Pakistan, Iraq or Afghanistan which are in headlines for wrong reasons. People who visit are generally journalists, NGOs, and the like. These people enjoy diplomatic immunity. And if they happen to be from US then they cannot ge touched.

As for weapons, US has soldiers on ground in Pakistan. Weapons come and ISI knows. Clearance are not required for an ally in war who pays billions annually. One might want to believe so, but it does not work that way sadly. The extent of US presence in Pakistan is underestimated by many pakistanis.

Anyway, the latest news is supposed to be a message to others not to get involved in Pakistan occupied Kashmir or northern areas.
But this news is sure to cause more bad name to an already tarnished name of ISI.

Offcourse its not like amongs ur friends and reason is well know.

And when was last time Indians had god ting to say about ISI :rofl::rofl:

AS Pakistani its good move by ISI. And we give f**k what any one think about this move.

Said so i think ppl who want to harm Pakistan are most likely will not come trough right channels so ISI and Police need to catch these ppl and shoot them right away.

My father wanted to go vist India after invitation from a Friend and guess what he did not got visa and guess what was reason ? So dont tell med agency like ISI isnt checking who they want to visit India

Sir, its a move by govt, not by ISI, but by putting ISI in the driving seat, the govt wants to send a strong msg tht enough is enough.

If GOP than its fundamentally a wrong way of conducting state business ,Military and agencies have no say on who is coming in and out of the country , its for the govt and its a role normally conducted by representatives sitting in high commisions , spookes can give clearence report if asked for! Its like your chowkidar having a say on who goes in and out of your home .. how would you like that?
Today also 3 foreigners held in Pindi, with cameras having pictures of important places, govt buildings and other stuff, if you look at history, journalists have been used in nearly every major conflict and war for spying purposes. Plus as i said lot of suspicious guys coming in many disguises. Plus its not that ISI will be following them in Pakistan, all it is ISI who must have a good amount of data base of foreigners and can check up people from its international sources and make sure persona non grata don't come here before visas get issued. ISI is our external spy agency, so no one else to do this job.

Well most of the Pakistanis are fully supportive of the actions , no one is opposing any actions of searches conducted by army,police and the agencies of the foreignors. its common sense that this terror is imported on our turf .. and thats what the fundamental business of law enforcement .. its good job when they are catching such thugs and morons! but having a say on visas is none of their business. Its conflict of interest with civil govt.

At least we should support ISI action!
It will hit many targets successfully..

Our nation is at war with countries/organizations.

But we will succeed to bring peace…not only peace but we will also take revenge!

And we are taking revenge!

:pakistan:

ISI clearance implies Army clearance.

Visas and stuff are handled by FO/civilian government. Why cant this clearance and other issues be handled by other civilian law enforcement agencies in pak?

a) Is it credibility/competancy issue?

b) Or is it just another manifestation of how ISI influences and works outside the perimeter of its intended domain viz a viz pakistans affairs?

If GOP than its fundamentally a wrong way of conducting state business ,Military and agencies have no say on who is coming in and out of the country , its for the govt and its a role normally conducted by representatives sitting in high commisions , spookes can give clearence report if asked for! Its like your chowkidar having a say on who goes in and out of your home .. how would you like that?

Well most of the Pakistanis are fully supportive of the actions , no one is opposing any actions of searches conducted by army,police and the agencies of the foreignors. its common sense that this terror is imported on our turf .. and thats what the fundamental business of law enforcement .. its good job when they are catching such thugs and morons! but having a say on visas is none of their business. Its conflict of interest with civil govt.

I second your thought...In fact i am bit surprised that so many Pakistani friends welcome this move...I would like to understand how on this earth would ISI do anything different that what they are doing even NOW??? The only message that will go out is that ISI is bigger institution than GOP itself....I can understand if you want to put more stringent measures as per your intelligence inputs i.e. have more stringent background checks for someone coming from India..US..Israel...or whoever they think threat is from..but simply saying that now ISI will decide who will be allowed to enter/leave pakistan is going overboard...ISI is a very effective intelligence and should do what is supposed to do i.e. Gathering Intelligence..but then when it comes to Pak..intelligence agencies or army are considered power houses..so one has little to say and more to follow...

I second your thought...In fact i am bit surprised that so many Pakistani friends welcome this move...I would like to understand how on this earth would ISI do anything different that what they are doing even NOW??? The only message that will go out is that ISI is bigger institution than GOP itself....I can understand if you want to put more stringent measures as per your intelligence inputs i.e. have more stringent background checks for someone coming from India..US..Israel...or whoever they think threat is from..but simply saying that now ISI will decide who will be allowed to enter/leave pakistan is going overboard...ISI is a very effective intelligence and should do what is supposed to do i.e. Gathering Intelligence..but then when it comes to Pak..intelligence agencies or army are considered power houses..so one has little to say and more to follow...

Is black water in your country, "NO" , so you woun't understand it. Who let them in need to be checked :coffee:

Is black water in your country, "NO" , so you woun't understand it. Who let them in need to be checked :coffee:

Again you missed the point...Are you saying that ISI was not looking into the wrong doings of Black Water(if at all)??? Again where is the threat from??? Is it from Saudi Arabia or from India or from US or from the whole world???

One has to remember ISI is not the only institution in Pakistan....and its stature should not be made more than what it should be...All it do is bad PR for Pakistan...Having said it this is Pak's internal matter and ofcourse you guys know more about your country than any outsider..I just wanted to share my thoughts as an outsider...

Again you missed the point...Are you saying that ISI was not looking into the wrong doings of Black Water(if at all)??? Again where is the threat from??? Is it from Saudi Arabia or from India or from US or from the whole world???

One has to remember ISI is not the only institution in Pakistan....and its stature should not be made more than what it should be...All it do is bad PR for Pakistan...Having said it this is Pak's internal matter and ofcourse you guys know more about your country than any outsider..I just wanted to share my thoughts as an outsider...

they will do their best to protect Pak Assest only they are suppose to guard

Back
Top Bottom